Love Master/slave

This forum is for General topics not otherwise covered in other forums.

Do you want to be a love Master/slave

That is my goal
14%
I'd rather find it as a free companion
4%
I don't want the pressure, though it could be fun
10%
Hell no, not interested
16%
Whatever happens, happens. I'm down for anything.
41%
It usually ends up leading to drama that isn't worth it
16%

Total votes: 51
Vylixan
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Re: Love Master/slave

Postby Vylixan » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:39 pm

I see..... hmmm.. reads on.
Leif
SL Name: Leif Llewellyn

Postby Leif » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:46 pm

Falarian wrote:
Um, to be honest, engaging and cool guys are pretty rare, but I've already said there are exceptions to that. However I'm more inclined to seek out a lone woman I don't know and try to engage, than to try to flock to the new guy on the sim. A good part of that is IC, Falarian *gasp* doesn't want to be mastered or conquered or broken she's quite content with her house of cards shells and walls and layers of masks. But OOCly there's also a better chance that the guy is gonna A.) have a jealous slave who will show up three minutes into the rp and start hurling ooc insults in thoughts B.) be a dick C.) threaten to start slitting throats for some minor infraction or D.) Come up into my IMs to tell me I'm doin' it wrong. Sorry, not interested in any of the above.

I have always had the same problem when approaching male players for RP in Gor. That, or I get ignored as being irrelevant because of my role, or there's this weird thought process that, because my character's a male slave (and note: I am a thrall and a work slave, and by no means a simpering silk slave) that I am interacting with them in hopes of a sexual interlude.

I don't know where im going with this, because I just woke up and I'm probably babbling, but I tend to find that the womenfolk are more tolerant and open to varied RP, and judge a lot less. Unless they're the sort that are only after one thing... you perverts!
Cortez
SL Name: Cortez
Role: Sippy Cup
Home Stone: The Borough

Postby Cortez » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:21 pm

Falarian wrote:
Cortez wrote: I've had more tension with Falarian than most men and it's been hot RP that had nothing to do with sex,

Except that one masturbation scene....
:mrgreen:

And the whipping that followed :D
"Paranoids are not paranoid because they're paranoid, but because they keep putting themselves, fucking idiots, deliberately into paranoid situations." — Thomas Pynchon
Cortez

Postby Cortez » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:27 pm

I was talking to Neekoh earlier and this thought came out:

Maybe being a slave on Gor wasn't so great. I personally think that the books romanticize slavery for the sake of a female readership. Not that it wasn't hot. Not that women didn't truly want to please men, and not that a love Master wasn't possible. But considering the small percentage of slaves compared to the rest of the population, and the fact they were spread between things such as taverns, slave houses, work chains etc, where they were performing lots of tasks that had nothing to do with one on one luv time with their owner-- the cases in which a man would want nothing but to be with his slave, were rarer than I I used to expect. Sure, it happened in the books, but it also didn't happen in the books more often than not, I would assume. And when you add that against the skewed population in Gor, maybe its simply the reality of Gor: That some women are never going to be love slaves or their owner's focus. Maybe they are simply just going to be slaves.
"Paranoids are not paranoid because they're paranoid, but because they keep putting themselves, fucking idiots, deliberately into paranoid situations." — Thomas Pynchon
juelles
SL Name: that girl over there.
Caste: slave
Role: beauty and obedience
Owner: Saxon Rhiannyr
AkA: Ju, juju, slut, jewel, juelle

Postby juelles » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:13 pm

A girl can be slave and love, and should love, with her whole heart, the one she serves.
But that doesnt' mean it is the 'true slave/master' love.

And yes it's all romantacized but that can be said about pretty much everything in the books, afterall who wants to read about the nobody heroine or hero in a story. That would be dull.
~to figure out why there was so much sweetness mingled with the terror in her, or why her terror seemed itself so sweet~Pauline Réage.
Consuelo
SL Name: Consuelo Albanese
Role: Kajira

Postby Consuelo » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:27 pm

Cortez wrote:I was talking to Neekoh earlier and this thought came out:
Maybe being a slave on Gor wasn't so great.

You think?
"Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things."
Steven Tyler
Cortez

Postby Cortez » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:29 pm

Consuelo wrote:
Cortez wrote:I was talking to Neekoh earlier and this thought came out:
Maybe being a slave on Gor wasn't so great.

You think?

Haha what I meant was-- all the shitty situations people find themselves in being city slaves, on long chains, etc etc, is very Gorean, yus?
Shjade
SL Name: Shjade Rajal
Caste: Entertainer (Singer/Poet)
Role: Inspiration
Home Stone: Shangrila

Postby Shjade » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:31 pm

Cortez wrote:Maybe being a slave on Gor wasn't so great.

How about just "being a slave wasn't so great?" There's more ritual about it on Gor, but they're still just slaves. It's rarely a good time regardless of where you are. This is sorta what I was getting at in the land of way back when in that thread where someone was trying to equate the consensual relationships people get into and call themselves "slaves" with people who are actually owned, used and abused as property. They're not the same thing.
Conversation is more useful than conversion.
SlaverSlav
SL Name: .

Postby SlaverSlav » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:49 am

I really hope there's enjoyment in that, since most of the slaves my pixels will own will never ever be anything remotely like a love slave to him. Most of them will probably be sold off to someone else at some point, being a slaver and all that jazz. I put that I'm down for whatever. I can and will do that sort of RP, but I want it to happen as a consequence of the long term RP action, not for it to be an OOC goal. You can usually tell pretty easily if you're with a chick who is looking for her "love master". She will reek of desperation IC and OOC, and it's just not attractive. Danger Will Robinson, danger.

<mini rant>
Though, oddly enough, I've never had a lot of problems with that. Maybe I don't smell delicious enough to attract the real emo RP stalkers. Or, maybe I just choose not to have this problem. Many of these guys create the problem themselves, by indulging the kind of behaviour that hogs their time in an unfavourable manner, instead of shutting it down immediately. Why? Because I honestly believe a lot of these guys love it. They love that kind of attention. It gets them validation and rubs fragile ego in all the right ways. And it's tragi-comic when they then start mouthing off about how much they hate a problem they created themselves. Much of the drama around this sort of thing, starts at the root of an e-penis. Maybe I'm strange, but I really do not have any qualms about telling people off if I can tell they're trying to hog my time in a way I'm not into. Rudely, if need be.

Balls. Use them.
</mini rant>

Oh, and being a slave on Gor was totally awesome. The chicks in the books certainly wax on about their fallos worship often enough. It doesn't seem realistic in any sense, but at least in Norman's world women were often fulfilled in their slavery.

Of course slavery was romanticised in the books. That is the entire purpose of it, to romanticise things and paint them in a fantastical light. If I want realistic slavery, I'll go read The Color Purple or something. Go go fantasy power ranger.
Neekoh

Postby Neekoh » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:34 am

Targaryen Ghiardie wrote:Balls. Use them.

ROFL
I was also telling Cort how I feel that many of the women that complain about not getting rp from men cos of blah blah blah blah blah, and how the slave/FW of turn ignores their posts and monopolizes each dude's time, are the same ones that don't give rp to other women when they're finally getting the attention from a guy.

Let's face it. Greeeeeed.

I also don't have the problem of the girls wanting to be my love slave because Neekoh burps, farts, picks his nose, pees in public, spits, fondles his balls, and does all kinda unsexy things that make him ungorean. He's done the veil snatching too, and the groping.

And Idunn thinks he'd make a good silk slave. HAH. He'd be killed in 30 secs.

Return to “General RP Discussions”