Why Do (or Did) You Play a Slave Character?

This forum is for anyone who gives, or attends classes to post the outline, or logs here.

Why Do (or Did) You Choose to Play a Slave Character?

Sex roleplay
2%
Sex roleplay
2%
Kink (dominance/submission) roleplay
13%
Kink (dominance/submission) roleplay
13%
Capture/rape roleplay
No votes
Capture/rape roleplay
No votes
Thought it'd be an easy role to start off with
5%
Thought it'd be an easy role to start off with
5%
Wanted to find a male partner
No votes
Wanted to find a male partner
No votes
Wanted to dress my av sexy/naked
2%
Wanted to dress my av sexy/naked
2%
RL Sub/slave and wanted to play myself
2%
RL Sub/slave and wanted to play myself
2%
Was just part of the storyline
17%
Was just part of the storyline
17%
Other (explain if you want)
10%
Other (explain if you want)
10%

Total votes: 60
Violetta Daviau
SL Name: Violetta Daviau

Re: Why Do (or Did) You Play a Slave Character?

Postby Violetta Daviau » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:43 am

Personally I chose "Thought it'd be an easy role to start off with".

Background: I was by that time in FR/LotR fantasy roleplay sims, playing roles like high-/woodelfs, dragons and such. I had in those times heard about Gor RP, usually bad things, like that the players could not roleplay, that it is all about selling others for L$ and having BDSM sex, RL influence, all that "dirty" stuff.
But then I do not want to condemn someone, to form an own opinion really, without having experienced things first hand. So I went to Gor, Torcadino, and thoroughly read all the massive amounts of rule NCs they had, got me slave clothing (this cool Captive Elegance Princess Leia fullprim outfit!) and carefully entered.

Of course I was right away collared and thrust to the side of another kajira to give me a tour. After that tour it was mostly no roleplay anymore, no matter what I tried. The slaves chatted only in IM - one explained me a bit about Gor and foremost what - OOC - was expected from me, and the free men only sat around the campfire of the city chatting about GM weapon imbalance and cheating methods and how which player would be better than the other, also OOC. Us slaves were kneeling wordlessly behind them for as long as we wanted or did other things like IM'ing or shopping.
At one point the local slaver came to me, telling me he would put my "white silk" up for auction, expecting a well 30.000 L$ of which I would see no dime, then myself to any master who would pay, expecting a well 50.000 L$ of which, again, I would not see a cent - and neither would have any influence about regarding the choice of master. Their rules by the way had foretold nothing about such auctions. At a point a small RP was made before this auction, resulting in a NC with my slave papers and the demand that I should place them into my profile's mainpage. When I refused to do that, suggesting to instead use a prim paper holder for the thigh, they banned me.

I returned to the fantasy play, but I was not satisfied by this one, really bad example. So a few weeks later I returned to Gor, to this threatening huge - for a 1sim fantasy player, 12 sims are huge - Aria continent where I, in the matter of thirty minutes was captured by a panther girl En. She was keeping me as a slave without question and I did not object. She was a fun woman, helping me with Gor, helping me with my avatar looks (the shape she showed me I wear until today!), she leaded a tribe and enjoyed a lot the raiding and sex that was back then still very open as the difference between BTB and GE did not yet exist. We enjoyed the RP we had with each other and fast learned to respect each other as players too. I made first steps into building, helping her to build camps for the tribe, adding though more ideas and creativity than prims myself. 4 months later she had to leave for RL reasons, and I left Gor again.

And when I then returned... I returned as panther girl...

The prejudices about Gor are pretty right, yet were more right in those early days of Torcadino. Today it is far more elaborated, the player base changed and we have far more options to chose from in terms of general heading (pewpew, lifestyle, roleplay and any mix of those). I learned to handle the challenges and to select whom to play with, whose RP would not be joyful for me and who would not want to RP from the first place but instead try to enforce his RL on me, I learned how to deal with that and how to prevent it. Gor from the sight of a fantasy roleplayer was much like moving from a German roads aimed glittering VW Golf to an old, rusty British Jaguar - it is another world, it is huge and you must get accustomed to it to drive it without danger for your life and sanity.
Iris Feden
SL Name: Iris Feden
Role: Slave

Postby Iris Feden » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:37 am

I already was in SL for a while when I found about SL Gor. I ended up in the Gor hub and picked up a few notecards, but I was in awe of the panther girls. They seemed so tough and at the same time feminine. I created Iris and joined a panther tribe. They trained me in combat and roleplay, and I started to read the books to learn about Gor. My online times were a bit different then from everybody else, so I was mostly alone and practiced with a fight robot. The times I was actually in a real combat and roleplay were very seldom. I also started to find out that I maybe was not the tough Amazon I thought I was, because the Master/slave scenes in the books excited me a lot. And I started to think to create a slave alt to experiment a bit. But then I was captured by a warrior, who took me with him and I decided to role with this change and stayed as slave in his city (not as his personal slave). I went through a very short training, but then the city closed suddenly. After that I ended up in Tyros as city slave again, where I was fully trained.
I only read the forum and I must be in a very weird mood to post.
Verity Canning
SL Name: Verity
Caste: Scribe
Role: Scribe of the Law
Home Stone: Kaelus

Postby Verity Canning » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:50 am

After I had confessed my RL gender to Tarl (he didn't have an issue with it) I ditched my female avatar and created Klohkahn Dagger. I became Black Caste specifically so that I could avoid becoming an owner of a slave. I wanted a role where I could be alone which negated everything I had learned as a slave. Essentially I had just wasted 8 months of Gorean rp. LOL.

I remember Klohkahn because he was so shy ;)

I started as a slave merely because I met a friend who claimed to be Gorean at one of SL's dance clubs, and she brought me over to Gor as an observer - between Tampica, old Laura, and Tarnburg. She was already a slave with a master, and he just took me on his chain, which lasted about two days before he quit. The end of the slave experience. So she and I became panther girls. Of course I was a slave a few more times since then, briefly, among other things too... but I always prefer the challenge of being a free woman as the role is more obscure.
iJudas

Postby iJudas » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:14 am

V-verity Canning.

The only woman who could stop Judas in his tracks and turn him into gibbering idiot.

Those were the days!

PS I'm still an idiot. I just don't gibber as much.
Kismet Reyes
SL Name: Scorn Eternal
Caste: Lost it
Role: Slave
Home Stone: About
AkA: Kismet Reyes

Postby Kismet Reyes » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:19 am

I chose 'Storyline' from the list of options. But though that may well have been the initial reason, time changes everything.

My main (and favourite) Gorean avatar is Kismet Reyes, who incidentally is the first av I brought to SL Gor. When I came to SL from Chatrooms I started as a roleplayer and played as a child avatar.

I found SL Gor because people said it was horrific and that made me curious :twisted: . My first introduction to the Genre was with a friend who was my IC father for my kid av. He took myself and my sl sister to a slave training sim, I can't remember. We were of course on our adult alts and dressed in the prettiest silky crap we could find. We went on a tour and that was it.

I was used to playing a bratty kid and got in trouble during the short outting for not kneeling correctly. My next visit to SL Gor was with just with my SL sister. We wandered, got captured and were confined to the city kennels. It was a laugh, however just doing that caused drama for the kid avs and so my sl sister and I returned to 'normal' sl.

I didn't make it back to sl Gor for at least 6 months. When I did it was as a She-urt along with 2 good friends. We played as sisters, and once again got captured and enslaved. This time however we had no fall out on our alts for this. Well none that we cared about. I've been in SL Gor ever since, mostly as a slave, though right now for example I am playing as a panther girl.
Connor Taselian
SL Name: Connor Taselian
Caste: Merchant
Role: Tailor
Home Stone: Ar (playing in Port Kar)
AkA: Cornelius Daraos

Postby Connor Taselian » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:48 am

Happy to see that 28% of those playing slave characters are in it for the kink. Now I feel better about being here primarily for the same thing, albeit at the opposite end of the stick.
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:45 am

I started in 2007 in playing a slave, because I was new to Gor, seemed simpler.... After, I played a FW
I played again a slave in 2008, after my panther got captured, and I liked my RP partner. But I didnt find my fun in this role, I like to be able to interfere actively in a scene, and as slave, it's rather difficult.

My current character got enslaved as part of her storyline, a long and intensive one. But she has been freed a few weeks later, after an emotional RP and Im happy to be back to my FW role, that I enjoy. The story continues.
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:08 pm

Aashe, lawls. Do any of them still DO that??? I think I'd hurt myself laughing if I heard that shit. :lol:

I put Kink myself. The d/s roleplay is the main draw for me cuz I really dig that sort of thing but I also love the sex r/p and I'll admit, it's a mild surprise to see that sex r/p, finding a male partner, and CARP have no votes yet.

Thanks to everyone who's voted and commented thus far- it's been interesting to see how it's turning out.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:09 pm

Tamar Luminos wrote:Aashe, lawls. Do any of them still DO that??? I think I'd hurt myself laughing if I heard that shit. :lol:

I put Kink myself. The d/s roleplay is the main draw for me cuz I really dig that sort of thing but I also love the sex r/p and I'll admit, it's a mild surprise to see that sex r/p, finding a male partner, and CARP have no votes yet.

Thanks to everyone who's voted and commented thus far- it's been interesting to see how it's turning out.

:shh: I think some of us may have lumped in the sex with the Kink.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Exploring SL - Ann Owiti
Kait
Teslik & Sip Root Gorean Medical Info
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:24 pm

:shh: I think some of us may have lumped in the sex with the Kink.

LOL True. I guess there's some definite overlap there for me as well since for me the kink inevitably (and hopefully) ends up with some sexytime as the cherry on top of my r/p sundae.

I did separate that out, though just to see if there were any who might like to play slaves for the sexytime more than, or even without the kink involved.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/

Return to “Classroom”