Why Do (or Did) You Play a Slave Character?

This forum is for anyone who gives, or attends classes to post the outline, or logs here.

Why Do (or Did) You Choose to Play a Slave Character?

Sex roleplay
2%
Sex roleplay
2%
Kink (dominance/submission) roleplay
13%
Kink (dominance/submission) roleplay
13%
Capture/rape roleplay
No votes
Capture/rape roleplay
No votes
Thought it'd be an easy role to start off with
5%
Thought it'd be an easy role to start off with
5%
Wanted to find a male partner
No votes
Wanted to find a male partner
No votes
Wanted to dress my av sexy/naked
2%
Wanted to dress my av sexy/naked
2%
RL Sub/slave and wanted to play myself
2%
RL Sub/slave and wanted to play myself
2%
Was just part of the storyline
17%
Was just part of the storyline
17%
Other (explain if you want)
10%
Other (explain if you want)
10%

Total votes: 60
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Why Do (or Did) You Play a Slave Character?

Postby Tamar Luminos » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:28 pm

Strictly anonymous unless you want to explain your choice. This could be for past or present characters, but in general, what was the main attraction for choosing to play a slave character?

I tried to think of all the main reasons I've heard over the years, but of course I'm sure I left off some good ones.

I just wanted to see what the main attraction was for playing this role, based on the limited sample of people we have on this board. There's obviously not any right or wrong answers, no answer is better than or more "valid" than any other.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
iJudas

Re: Why Do (or Did) You Play a Slave Character?

Postby iJudas » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:49 pm

I clicked 'other' for the following reason.

When i first came to SL I deliberately chose a non-gender name for my avatar so I could essentially play what I wanted, from a robot to a werewolf to whatever. On my very very first trip outside of the newby arrival sim (before age verification was mandatory) I was looking for somewhere to visit. Having no idea how to find anything, I used the map and looked for green dots. I happened to teleport to a place called Forest Port. This was a slave training garden which was run by a chap called Tarl Field. Since I was in a female avatar at the time (no idea why) he encouraged me to learn about Gor.

I decided to play the hardest role on Gor with the intent to learn it from the ground up (no pun). I had no idea what dom/sub was (and still don't and don't care for it). I learned what I could for almost 8 months as a female slave in the hope that one day I might become a half decent Master.

After I had confessed my RL gender to Tarl (he didn't have an issue with it) I ditched my female avatar and created Klohkahn Dagger. I became Black Caste specifically so that I could avoid becoming an owner of a slave. I wanted a role where I could be alone which negated everything I had learned as a slave. Essentially I had just wasted 8 months of Gorean rp. LOL.

It just happened that way.
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:12 pm

I admit I came to Gor originally to explore the depths of my M/s fantasies without making it too real by being a part of a M/s sim in SL. In terms of specific roles, oddly enough though when I first learned about the roles in Gor, the first one that picqued my interest was Panther Girl! But since I knew NOTHING about the genre except the basic premise and the major role types, I decided to take on the role of an earth born slave to hopefully learn about gor through role play.

Boy was I naive LOL.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:21 pm

I chose kink. After reading the books the slave role remains the most challenging to play authentically IMHO. Even for a RL submissive like me there are depths to be explored in D/s RP that aren't possible in RL. That provides a huge draw for me. Normally in RL there is such a blending of BDSM that it looks very little like the gor I've read about beyond a few hours at home.

The lack of kink caused me to chose to play Kait because quite frankly people have a hard time combining kink and storyline. Free and slave alike. The same limitations that I see in RL with the role of a submissive were also present in SL. (No reflection of the role in the community, judgmental views and vanilla handling). I was tired of only having success with my RP partners for the most part in feeling immersed as a slave.

That said, recently after playing with a few great slave players I do feel that gor is getting to where it should be in this regard and I am on the fence about reintroducing a slave player on a regular basis. Kink and Storyline.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Exploring SL - Ann Owiti
Kait
Teslik & Sip Root Gorean Medical Info
Echo
SL Name: Echo Horatio
Caste: Merchant?
Role: Trouble maker
Home Stone: Island of Jahesa

Postby Echo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:13 pm

I originally created Echo as a FW and on pilgrimage so I could find a sim. During travel I ran across some panthers and one enslaved her. So followed the story as it came.
"In order to roleplay in SL Gor, you first need to accept that people are not sensible." by Chron
Dren Bernard
SL Name: Dren Bernard
Caste: Physician's
Role: On sabatical
Home Stone: Salernum

Postby Dren Bernard » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:14 pm

I said other..

as I wanted to see the results. Great topic.
Dren & Kait's Gorean Physician's resource:
http://teslikandsiproot.webs.com/
Sempati
SL Name: Revenge Sempati
Caste: Warrior
Role: Dirty old man
Home Stone: Old Cardonicus

Postby Sempati » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:47 pm

While I have not played a slave it is a scenario I have debated playing out just because I have not done it. That is it a strange curiosity of how Ven would deal with enslavement.
Thing is I am too stubborn to just make it happen and situation in RP has never really come up beyond the usual capped by panthers for day of riding. Captivity of any length of time unless you become simpering obedient toy just does not exist in SL. It does not seem to be a desirable story to have a pissed off warrior in chains. :lol:

So yeah for me it is just role play, a challenge and direction that is beyond normal comfort zone. The kink and sex I tend to prefer how it is now...though I doubt a enslaved Ven would be much different.
“I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.”
“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
Bruce Lee
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:54 pm

Sempati wrote:While I have not played a slave it is a scenario I have debated playing out just because I have not done it. That is it a strange curiosity of how Ven would deal with enslavement.
Thing is I am too stubborn to just make it happen and situation in RP has never really come up beyond the usual capped by panthers for day of riding. Captivity of any length of time unless you become simpering obedient toy just does not exist in SL. It does not seem to be a desirable story to have a pissed off warrior in chains. :lol:

So yeah for me it is just role play, a challenge and direction that is beyond normal comfort zone. The kink and sex I tend to prefer how it is now...though I doubt a enslaved Ven would be much different.

Do EEEEET!!
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Ala
SL Name: Ala
Caste: Puddin' Pop!
Role: Bondchuk
Home Stone: His feet
Owner: da Jarl dude

Postby Ala » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:10 pm

Why did I choose to play a slave?

Because I had friends playing in the genre. I was told on no uncertain terms, if I played a Free Woman or a panther I would be collared. and circa 2006 I was naive enough to believe if that happened there was no out. So I had a LOT to learn.

In the end my husband and I both came into Gor he as the owner of my character and both ended up on a very steep learning curve - the irony, within a month, he was head slaver and I was FG in the kennels and we had only read one book and still had no clue :shock: :o .

Why do I still play a slave - well the cop-out answer is, I like long storylines and Ala is a slave..only a fool would free such a slave as her...so hense she is still a slave. In truth, I enjoy the rp (for the most part), I love the character development...and like Kaitlin, some of the kinks are not possible in rl...so it is chance to explore.
Capture the mind ~ all else will follow.

I am not a bitch ~ I just have a low tolerance for bullshit
Double Aa
SL Name: Mr Gor

Postby Double Aa » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:14 am

Other. Slaves get the best roleplay.

As a slave, you get an unlimited number of tildes and stars in your roleplay. Think about it: you can /me giggles or you can ~giggles~ or you can *giggles* or if you're TRULY submissive, you can go for broke with a *~giggles~*. There are so many different ways you can take your roleplay. I mean, MAYBE you can star every once in an a while as a free, but Masters can't even tilde once. Totally unfair.

Slaves also get bff sissypoos and all the adjectives you can handle. Are your hands dainty and slender? No problem, use them both in your emote. All Masters can do is look cooly off into the distance and act constipated by shifting from foot to foot every once in a while. That's it.

But what REALLY clinched it was the Merry Meetsies. After I learned that slaves could greet with a ~Merry Meetsies, Master~, my head exploded. If I can't greet with a Merry Meetsies, I don't want to be in Gor. And that's why slaves have the greatest roleplay.
"In Gor, everyone plays to win so we just set up the rules to create mutually assured destruction."

Return to “Classroom”