So... it's been a year.

Hephaesteon
SL Name: Hephaesteon Resident
Caste: Scribe
Role: Codger
Home Stone: Ar.

Re: So... it's been a year.

Postby Hephaesteon » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:44 pm

Torolf Fenrirson wrote:SL Gor could really use a new southern sim run by a new set of owners to the scene. One that's not run by a ball leashed boy and his rabid spacecookie girlfriend would help too.

Not sure if you're on "other boards" (not sure about the uh, policy about referencing them here), but I know Victor was talking about people (not sure if it was him or his friends) starting up a Treve. It wouldn't be my choice for a southern city sim, but it would be something at least. Might get in touch with him if you're curious.
And that was that.
Torolf Fenrirson
SL Name: firstleviathan
Caste: Torvaldslander
Role: Kur Hunter
AkA: The Mountain Troll

Postby Torolf Fenrirson » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:04 pm

Hephaesteon wrote:Not sure if you're on "other boards" (not sure about the uh, policy about referencing them here), but I know Victor was talking about people (not sure if it was him or his friends) starting up a Treve. It wouldn't be my choice for a southern city sim, but it would be something at least. Might get in touch with him if you're curious.

Yeah, I'm on those boards as well. And I agree, Treve is a very bad choice for an open and inviting RP sim to help alleviate the boredom the southern preference RPers are having imo. A new Ar would have been a better way to go imo, if not a completely new fiction or unused city to go with, but city RP is all but gone right now and those that crave it have no option at all.

As for Victor's pet project, I have to assume that it'll go the same way everything else he's done has gone. Fortunately for me, when I was in Gor I was strictly a northern player and wouldn't have an interest in the goings on at this time. Southern RP isn't my thing, but I acknowledge that the majority of SL Gor RPers prefer it and find it a shame they have so few options.
Torolf Fenrirson
SL Name: firstleviathan
Caste: Torvaldslander
Role: Kur Hunter
AkA: The Mountain Troll

Postby Torolf Fenrirson » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:05 pm

Belle wrote:
Torolf Fenrirson wrote:SL Gor could really use a new southern sim run by a new set of owners to the scene. One that's not run by a ball leashed boy and his rabid spacecookie girlfriend would help too.

Agreed! They also need grown up individuals instead of passive aggressive name calling douchebags.

And if wishes were horses we could all go riding!

The two people I'm speaking about know who they are. There's no need for me to out them for everyone else's amusement.
Escapee
SL Name: elzbieta balfour
Caste: gone
Home Stone: gone
AkA: Hollie

Postby Escapee » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:50 pm

If I had the money to spare, I would create a southern sim, but not just one city. I've always thought it would be remarkable to have a sim that had parts of several cities - things they were well known for, then recruit people to rp each unique area, allowing for travel between the different parts of the sim, including using storytelling for conflict storylines. (For example, the slave houses of Ar, the silver mines of Argentum, the scribe tower of Ko-ro-ba. (just tossing those out as examples)

While I appreciate and understand why people build such massive sims, with every part of the city included, it's been my experience over the past three years of roleplay that most of the space goes unused. There are a couple of places where people congregate, and the rest tends to be empty.

I think of Port Kar under Dyce and Syndel. It was a fantastic build, and each house became its own 'village', so to speak. The Rencer Island was barely occupied, though it had so much potential. It was a good concept, in general, and it could be done again, instead of one southern city, a combination of the best and most notable features of each city.

Just random thoughts, not sure if it could even work. I do recall when there was the continent. anyone here who was part of that? Why didn't it succeed?

And that should probably be a whole other thread, yes?
it was
TreatRothschild
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius

Postby TreatRothschild » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:58 pm

Welcome back, Lady. You've been missed.
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Dren Bernard
SL Name: Dren Bernard
Caste: Physician's
Role: On sabatical
Home Stone: Salernum

Postby Dren Bernard » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:30 am

For a Southern sim, watch out for the soon to re-open Abydos, it is a hidden gem.
I have been hiding there for a few months now and I am not leaving.

Sim is not open during the rebuild but I'll post here when it does open again soon.
Dren & Kait's Gorean Physician's resource:
http://teslikandsiproot.webs.com/

Return to “General”