PRETTY, UP TO DATE Gor Sims???

DarbyDollinger
SL Name: Darby Dollinger
Caste: Slaver
Home Stone: Amongst the ruins of Salernum.

Re: PRETTY, UP TO DATE Gor Sims???

Postby DarbyDollinger » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:31 am

From what I can see the quality of slave RPers is pretty high at the moment. It's surprising how many slave chars have an interesting story to tell.

And even those that just want to do the 'sex doll' thing do it pretty well. If you can't roleplay with slaves these days then you pretty much suck.
Maeon
SL Name: Maeon (Alogical)
Caste: Scribes
Role: Scholar & Writer
Home Stone: Ar, residing in Turia

Postby Maeon » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:47 pm

I agree with Darby. I am lately very impressed by those who chose to play slave. Most do not hesitate to make the first approach and have something interesting to say or show.

Back to the OP, I am overall content with Empire of Ar and recommend it to those who are not jaded yet. The build is good and the most updated without a doubt. I have visited the other new cities (Port Kar, Temos, Cos) and seeing them built as if we were still in 2006 depressed me. I would suggest builders to visit non-Gor sims for inspiration, starting with Second Life's visitor's guide and recommended sites.

As to Ar's management team, if it has issues I hope to see them go away soon so we can focus on high scale stories. I was very happy to see that there are now major houses which is perfect to start creating a great deal of conflict and battling for power.
Harlequin
SL Name: Harlequin Salome
Caste: Scripter
Role: Guy Who Stares In Confusion
Home Stone: Blender, mostly.

Postby Harlequin » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:57 pm

First off, I'd use my neighbor's lawnmower all I wanted if it gave blowjobs and had tits. At that point the whole concept of neighborly politeness goes out the window. But I digress.

I've met more than a few slave RPers who are stellar. In fact, I think that a good portion of people who I enjoy seeing in non-Gor sims are slave RPers in Gor, and they're really fun even when they have clothes on. Even in Gor, slaves can have stories, and damn well should. They should be part of the stories we tell too, and not just in the way that a handbag is part of a story of a mugging. The trouble is that half of the people in Gor simply don't know what to do with them because they don't understand the real meaning of the slavery in the setting. In fact i'd go so far as to say the majority of long-standing RPers don't seem to understand Gor in any way more than a cursory manner.

The other rough half are sorta like me. Now, I'm not a huge fan of the books, but I do "get" a lot of the setting... and what I get wrong, Tamar is very quick to correct me on. So why do I often not RP with slaves? It's dull. Even the good ones, the moment RP starts, I get an IM with all the ooc "rules" and such their "master" has and really? I get bored. I wander off because I'd rather actually just play, rather than rape a slave IC and get lots of angry IMs. My first first first EARLY time in Gor went that way, actually. After nailing a slave all the guys were all really wanting to fuck but were too shy to, I got run out of town on a rail by bitter sour grapes assholes.

Even in Imperial Ar, easily 3/4s of my encounters with slaves were abortive because of OOC issues and fuck that. It's almost a poisoned well in many cases, and something we could... and should... push back against.
There used to be a gif here. It was awesome. But it's gone now.
DarbyDollinger
SL Name: Darby Dollinger
Caste: Slaver
Home Stone: Amongst the ruins of Salernum.

Postby DarbyDollinger » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:30 am

I like the builds of Port Kar and Temos and don't agree that they look like something out of 2006. I think there are actually a bunch of pretty decent builds around at the moment.

Oor
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Postby Oor » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:26 am

Yeah I like Port Kar as well. Been playing there occasionally on my slave alt when I manage to get online, and the RP is decent, too. Not very well trafficked yet, but should be.
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:19 pm

Friend updated me on Sais:
New sim rules are good- no mention of singling out people playing slaves for anything, and he's really proud of that huge change he pushed through. Still working on getting the app updated (it's still got some lifestyler stuff in it at this time) and also working on getting the city slaver on board but progress is being fought for and made. :D
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Maeon
SL Name: Maeon (Alogical)
Caste: Scribes
Role: Scholar & Writer
Home Stone: Ar, residing in Turia

Postby Maeon » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:52 pm

Correction: new Temos looks pretty cool. I will pay a longer visit.
Bassim
SL Name: Cookie

Postby Bassim » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:40 am

Well, if Temos/Cos/Selnar doesn't look from 2006, it definitely still carries some old school noob characteristics from 2006.

I was so disappointed, searching for a sim to move my slave house to. I had heard about Temos opening, but after reviewing many of their rules, applications and policies, it just doesn't stand up. Despite the relatively okay build, it's kind of like those backwater sims of Rorus and Sais, and half of the avatars on the sim look like they belong there.

Take a look at this gem here:

Attention all slave owners:

All slaves are required to be registered according to the Law of the Ubarate, and have a current record of slave examination. To aid in the registration effort, we at the Caste of Scribes have prepared this simple slave registration document. Fill it out, attach a slave exam record if you have one, or be sure to schedule one with the Caste of Physicians soon. Then turn it in at the Library or give it to any Scribe.

Our hope is to have all slaves registered and examined by the 4th day of the 3rd hand of the 9th month (Sunday 14 December).

The registration fee will be waived during this time.

Failing to prepare these documents by the posted date may result in fines or stripping of property.

Marcus Coffeius
Scribe Head of Caste

************************Ubarate of The Island of Cos**********************
***************************PRIVATE SLAVE PAPERS*************************

Slave SL Name:

The slave called XXXNAME OF SLAVEXXX is the property of XXXNAME OF OWNER(S)XXX

I totally understand voluntary NC paperwork. That's great. But it doesn't look like it's voluntary...

A, 1 Sold only to Island of Cos citizens.

A, 2 MUST have medical exam done.

A, 3 Branding is optional, can hold off on that if potential owner says something before it's done.

A, 4 The slave has been through the mandatory minimum time period in the kennels (5 days).

A, 5 Request must be made to any Slaver and approved by Head Slaver.

A, 6 Slave's city app. must be done.

Hooray for mandatory NC filling and slave exams! If you don't fill out this NC, we'll take it out on you ICly! Yeah, no.

Such a shame. I had a solid team of para-rper slavers ready to go, but we balked when we encountered nothing but oneliners and flexi-noobs one after another after another...

Oh well. Time to try out Turia or Ar
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:08 pm

Bassim wrote:Well, if Temos/Cos/Selnar doesn't look from 2006, it definitely still carries some old school noob characteristics from 2006.

I was so disappointed, searching for a sim to move my slave house to. I had heard about Temos opening, but after reviewing many of their rules, applications and policies, it just doesn't stand up. Despite the relatively okay build, it's kind of like those backwater sims of Rorus and Sais, and half of the avatars on the sim look like they belong there.

Take a look at this gem here:

Attention all slave owners:

All slaves are required to be registered according to the Law of the Ubarate, and have a current record of slave examination. To aid in the registration effort, we at the Caste of Scribes have prepared this simple slave registration document. Fill it out, attach a slave exam record if you have one, or be sure to schedule one with the Caste of Physicians soon. Then turn it in at the Library or give it to any Scribe.

Our hope is to have all slaves registered and examined by the 4th day of the 3rd hand of the 9th month (Sunday 14 December).

The registration fee will be waived during this time.

Failing to prepare these documents by the posted date may result in fines or stripping of property.

Marcus Coffeius
Scribe Head of Caste

************************Ubarate of The Island of Cos**********************
***************************PRIVATE SLAVE PAPERS*************************

Slave SL Name:

The slave called XXXNAME OF SLAVEXXX is the property of XXXNAME OF OWNER(S)XXX

I totally understand voluntary NC paperwork. That's great. But it doesn't look like it's voluntary...

A, 1 Sold only to Island of Cos citizens.

A, 2 MUST have medical exam done.

A, 3 Branding is optional, can hold off on that if potential owner says something before it's done.

A, 4 The slave has been through the mandatory minimum time period in the kennels (5 days).

A, 5 Request must be made to any Slaver and approved by Head Slaver.

A, 6 Slave's city app. must be done.

Hooray for mandatory NC filling and slave exams! If you don't fill out this NC, we'll take it out on you ICly! Yeah, no.

Such a shame. I had a solid team of para-rper slavers ready to go, but we balked when we encountered nothing but oneliners and flexi-noobs one after another after another...

Oh well. Time to try out Turia or Ar

I can tell you that neither Turia nor Ar have such rules. In fact, neither city has rules for slaves at all. They just have one set of rules for everyone.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:48 pm

1 - Sold only to Island of Cos citizens

Wow... And what if the typists want their character sold to someone not of the sim?

And fuck, why would you log in SL and spend time to fill these crap NCs? It's a total waste of time when you can just emote them when needed. And do their physicians lack creativity and so need something to RP for the admins disguise an OOC mandatory in IC laws? Why would you force people to RP something mundane? A slave exam is usually boring and when you play a slave, it's not difficult to figure that this kind of scene is just repetitive, sim after sim. People should have the choice between RPing the scene or just FTB and integrate it to their background.

Old School Gor retards....

Return to “General”