Traffic glitch

Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Traffic glitch

Postby Sasi » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:55 pm

The traffic of a bunch of Gorean sims has not been updated since 4/5 days, does someone know if Linden care actually about this issue?
Lacey
SL Name: Lacey arentire
Caste: The White Ghost
Role: Haunting
Home Stone: Where Dead Goreans go.
Owner: Deka
AkA: Crazy

Re: Traffic glitch

Postby Lacey » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:03 am

I've noticed this too. I don't think it really matters much anymore though. While you can still hit a category and sort places by high to low traffic, the new default way of sorting them is by relevance. So, I guess the traffic being broken isn't that much of a deal as it would have been if we were still using the old search.
I should have never cut her hair!
Sasi

Postby Sasi » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:08 am

Not really, Lacey.... For a new sim that was 3000 4 days ago, before its opening and has now a very decent traffic, it sucks a bit.
Syndel
SL Name: Syndel Daviau

Postby Syndel » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:13 am

There is a glitch and Linden Lab is working to fix it. To include your parcel's name on the list, you must open a ticket or, otherwise, they cannot know yours is being affected.
My sim is also affected with the traffic stuck at 3024 for 7 days now. This is what LL replied to me:

Hello Syndel,

Thank you for submitting your support request. Our engineers are aware of the issue and are working hard to correct it. I have added your SLURL for the parcel that has not updated traffic to our Project Report so that the engineers can use that information in their research.

Thank you,

Izzy Linden
Lacey
SL Name: Lacey arentire
Caste: The White Ghost
Role: Haunting
Home Stone: Where Dead Goreans go.
Owner: Deka
AkA: Crazy

Postby Lacey » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:06 am

Sasi wrote:Not really, Lacey.... For a new sim that was 3000 4 days ago, before its opening and has now a very decent traffic, it sucks a bit.

The point is, search sucks now. Why they had to change it from what it was to this, is beyond me.

Without realizing that the search is sorting by relevance, the first Gorean sim you get with the word "Gorean" is a sim with only 7,000 traffic when a lot run in at least the 10,000 range. That is, of course if the traffic is currently correct for that sim.
I should have never cut her hair!
Syndel
SL Name: Syndel Daviau

Postby Syndel » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:00 am

The search is only the way you're describing in the official viewer and on Firestorm if not set to act like Phoenix. Overall, the other viewers still have the search as it once was: organized by traffic.
Sasi

Postby Sasi » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:11 am

If you want to search by traffic, you change simply the relevance (Firestorm for example). That almost everyone does. And usually, I search with the key word "BTB", as I have no interest in GE sims.

And if the current non updated traffic might be relevant for some sims, for some others, no. For a sim that has opened a few days ago and is growing, the traffic is not relevant and it sucks because it could even be an issue for the recruitment.
Kiana Kuhr
SL Name: Kiana Kuhr
Role: RL, mostly

Postby Kiana Kuhr » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:17 am

You can also use legacy search on firestorm now. I do because I hate the other one.
Sometimes our power resides not in what we do, but in what we don't do.
-Paulo Coelho
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Postby HorizonNinetails » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:52 am

Just a heads up, but most people searching for kaelus arent going to be going through "BTB" as a search item for traffic.

...they're likely going to be seeing it in profile pics.

The hard part for me was showing up on sim and seeing 3k traffic, but a bunch of dots. Thats when I knew SL was glitching.

I haven't been back to see if its changed.
Kiana Kuhr
SL Name: Kiana Kuhr
Role: RL, mostly

Postby Kiana Kuhr » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:38 am

It is still stuck at 3k traffic and we have had about 15-20+ avies on sim consistently at all hours, so something is terribly wrong still. :lol:
Sometimes our power resides not in what we do, but in what we don't do.
-Paulo Coelho

Return to “General”