Regarding the other forums...

Re: Regarding the other forums...

Postby ... » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:43 am

Leah wrote:Considering that you've attributed a number of things to me that I've never said (I don't recall calling anyone stupid, claiming I was a peacekeeper, claiming I was good, never I said I wasn't going to "lower myself" to do anything, etc), I'm just going to conclude that something about being asked to be polite is so downright offensive to you that you can't deal with it. I really don't care what anyone thinks of me personally, I guess I just became used to better conversation, ironically enough (considering the location, anyway), on other forums.

I think you're projecting intentions and words onto me that I've never said. Which you're free to do, but I actually thought you were a bit deeper than that.

I didn't say you actually said all of those things, Leah. Doesn't mean they're not there, and it doesn't mean people can't see through your holier-than-thou attitude when you're pretty much the queen of passive-aggressive snark.

When you ask why people can't debate without being (in your subjective opinion) insulting or rude - you are in effect presuming that they cannot, rather than that they choose not to or that what they say isn't insulting in their opinion in the first place. When you say that Kaitlin's point 'isn't to be productive' you're using hyperbole to purposely paint her in a bad light. She is often productive and a good contributor to many of the discussions we have here about Gorean role play. There are other examples of this kind of thing dotted through your posts in this thread, but I won't put them all here. They're easy enough to recognise and you're smart enough of a woman that you knew what you were doing when you typed them. IMO this cowardly round-about way of insulting people is worse than doing it directly.

When it comes right down to it, it's simply a difference in communication style, and nothing to do with anyone being 'deep', or 'better conversation' or even having a problem with being 'asked to be polite' (you can ask all day - taking issue with the answers you get is on your own shoulders). My issue isn't with being asked to be polite (by someone who fairly regularly (and historically) throws out a considerable amount of snark and insult). My issue is with the hypocrisy of asking WHILE being rude and patronising about it - but thinking (I presume, or you just literally made yourself look stupid on purpose) that because it's YOU, and because YOU think, subjectively, that YOUR intentions are good, it's fine. Which is utterly repulsive on many levels.

Kaitlin isn't, and never will be, a friend of mine. And yes, she's snarky and rude and insulting when she's involved in debate - and more than is necessary a lot of the time. But you're not 'better' than her when you start throwing out snark and judgement of your own just because YOU think YOU are right. Newsflash: Kaitlin thinks she's right too. And in the end, you're both just being bitchy and rude.

But only one of you will admit it. The other wants to keep their ass planted firmly on the 'angel' embroidered cushion up on high. And that, mah fren, is a crying fucking shame. And is likely far more irritating to someone who values truth and candor over politeness than it is to someone who values those things the other way around, so I don't expect you to understand. But yeah, that is my 'issue'.

Now I'm off to have shallow (and bad - or at least, not betterer) discussions with my shallow friends. While pondering why I 'can't handle' being asked to be polite.

Bravo, you. :clap:
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:45 am

What Sempati said some posts up.

And as much as I would like to sing the praises of the gorums, the last couple of pages of this thread have proven once again that we can be petty and childish, bickering over naught with the best of them. :thumbup:

Postby ... » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:30 am

Glaucon wrote:What Sempati said some posts up.

And as much as I would like to sing the praises of the gorums, the last couple of pages of this thread have proven once again that we can be petty and childish, bickering over naught with the best of them. :thumbup:

Don't make me dry heave, Daddy.
Torolf Fenrirson
SL Name: firstleviathan
Caste: Torvaldslander
Role: Kur Hunter
AkA: The Mountain Troll

Postby Torolf Fenrirson » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:19 am

Glaucon wrote:What Sempati said some posts up.

I believe I said something to that very effect a few pages ago. ;)
Drevan
SL Name: Drevan Darkbyrd
Caste: Caste of Scribes
Role: Head of Caste
Home Stone: Vonda
AkA: Drevan

Postby Drevan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:29 am

..... Wow I leave for a few days and this happens. I read all 19 pages waiting to post so I could be current on the conversation and diatribe intelligently on my newly informed opinion and after reading all of your comments this was the best I could come up with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGJOqMHsDI&feature=youtu.be
Maisy Fenrirson
SL Name: Maisy Warwillow
Caste: Blue
Role: Scribe
AkA: Maisy Warwillow

Postby Maisy Fenrirson » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:36 am

Drevan wrote:..... Wow I leave for a few days and this happens. I read all 19 pages waiting to post so I could be current on the conversation and diatribe intelligently on my newly informed opinion and after reading all of your comments this was the best I could come up with.

:lol:

Good to see you back; was actually wondering where you'd gotten too.
Maisy Warwillow - I'm Still Standing
Drevan
SL Name: Drevan Darkbyrd
Caste: Caste of Scribes
Role: Head of Caste
Home Stone: Vonda
AkA: Drevan

Postby Drevan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:12 pm

Maisy Fenrirson wrote:
Drevan wrote:..... Wow I leave for a few days and this happens. I read all 19 pages waiting to post so I could be current on the conversation and diatribe intelligently on my newly informed opinion and after reading all of your comments this was the best I could come up with.

:lol:

Good to see you back; was actually wondering where you'd gotten too.

Oh I been Xboxin, getting my Pew Pew on with COD Black Ops 2 speaking of.... Anyone who I ever offended and would like a chance to kick my ass send a message to TMG Drevan
Garrgon
SL Name: Garrgon
Owner: Zira keeps me in her pocket.

Postby Garrgon » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:13 pm

Mod Remark:

The purpose of the OP was to inform about new mods on the other forum. That was done, a discussion about it was had, but now it's turned into pages of bickering, baiting and testing.

:locked:
Nope. Nope. Nevermind.

Return to “General”