Regarding the other forums...

Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Regarding the other forums...

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:30 am

I just figured I'd let people know that they've assigned a new global moderator team on the other gor-sl forums. These people can now anonymously moderate all the forums and subforums, meaning deleting, locking and editing posts. Below are the list of new global moderators.

I just want to inform you, that a team of Global Moderators was finally built.
Those are:
Adoveea Rau
Carter Ebbage
Druhsus
Maria Tisane
Mercy Riiser
Xaz Elephas

I am very happy that the members of that team agreed on joining in and I think it will help to get the forum a bit smoother than it was in some areas recently. Comparable to my roles as Admin the Global Moderators have the right to do all the moderation parts on every board which will be needed apart from deleting accounts and editing the ban list. etc. etc.

:lol: Image

Just figured I'd let you know ... considering that I believe people have a right to know who would be responsible for moderating their posts.
Meri
SL Name: ...

Re: Regarding the other forums...

Postby Meri » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:30 am

I assume that was announced privately. She should be announcing these things to the public. Now the changes I've seen in some of those global moderators behavior makes sense.
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:21 am

I think it's a good thing. At least they have a title now rather than the sanctimonious and hypocritical posts and the wash of PMs to have Laja do their bidding. :D

Just one question. How did Randall not make this list? :hrm:
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Postby HorizonNinetails » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:22 am

I didnt go before.

I've never had a problem with Xaz myself. Or any of the other BC guys.

I already had my posts edited about two years ago - and I haven't gone back.

As soon as mods start editing my posts here without making it evident what was modded - I'll be out of here as well.

Personally - I'd rather have a free flow sh*t show.
iJudas

Postby iJudas » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:39 am

HorizonNinetails wrote:I didnt go before.

I've never had a problem with Xaz myself. Or any of the other BC guys.

I already had my posts edited about two years ago - and I haven't gone back.

As soon as mods start editing my posts here without making it evident what was modded - I'll be out of here as well.

Personally - I'd rather have a free flow sh*t show.

If I was still modding here mate, I'd take a pair of scissors to your Brian May hair while you were looking in the other forums and not paying attention. Hippy!
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Postby HorizonNinetails » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:55 am

DONT CHU TOUCH MY FRO! ITS ALL I GOT LEFT!!!

Back off blackie! I'm warnin' ya!
Ceri the Urt
Urtastic!
SL Name: Ceri Kesten
Role: Being totally stinky.

Postby Ceri the Urt » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:09 am

Thats a lot of mods to keep track of. I hope she has luck with it.

As for here, if you get modded there is only one person to blame. *looks at Gar...the cringes and quickly adds*...Me..I did it...It was me!

Tee hee.
Don't raise your voice, Improve your Argument.
Garrgon
SL Name: Garrgon
Owner: Zira keeps me in her pocket.

Postby Garrgon » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:13 am

Ceri the Urt wrote:Thats a lot of mods to keep track of. I hope she has luck with it.

As for here, if you get modded there is only one person to blame. *looks at Gar...the cringes and quickly adds*...Me..I did it...It was me!

Tee hee.

Instigator. *pokes you with the mean end of a fish* :D

I'm glad she got herself a global team. Hopefully it'll make things easier on them over there.
Nope. Nope. Nevermind.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:26 am

Hmmm, Anarch... while I appreciate you not appreciating some ... ah... less fun aspects of that other forum, it is kinda petty to sabotage the 'secret' efforts of that other forum by announcing their anon. mods here. Also kinda odd that they apparently have all this secret talk there, but cannot keep it secret. But it is still a bit petty. Not that being petty is quite beyond me... :P

Though, I must admit... the choice of some of those mods is a bit odd. I appreciate Dove and Carter, but they would not be the first names that would pop up for me as ideal forum mods, just as I would not nominate myself, Anarch or Kaitlin (unless there were no more suitable candidates) here. Well, I WOULD nominate myself, but only to do very very little actual moderating, because I feel that most instances of moderation tend to be on the unecessary side.

One name jumps out, of course. Starts with X. Haven't seen too many posts by him, but from what I have seen... hardly an ideal moderator.

And yet, it will probably be an improvement. Better than 1 mod. that has to run to do the bidding of her favorites, moderating posts here and there whenever one of them is starting to look bad. And while it is clear that the large group of mods (don't know all of them) belongs to a set of people that lean one way rather than another in many debates (and not so much a 'fair representation' of most frequent posters there), maybe that will 'help' them in forming a block against dissenting opinions. Good for harmony, that. :thumbup:

Meanwhile... I am happy to post here. Maybe this place doesn't quite have the same level of drama as that place (and I know that lots of us really love a bit of drama), but still... mature discussion has it's perks. :)
Meri
SL Name: ...

Postby Meri » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:32 am

Glaucon wrote:Hmmm, Anarch... while I appreciate you not appreciating some ... ah... less fun aspects of that other forum, it is kinda petty to sabotage the 'secret' efforts of that other forum by announcing their anon. mods here. Also kinda odd that they apparently have all this secret talk there, but cannot keep it secret. But it is still a bit petty. Not that being petty is quite beyond me... :P

They aren't anonymous. They have the title of "Global Moderator" under their name. I don't understand why she didn't announce it to the general forum public but it's her show. :hrm:

Return to “General”