30-32
4%

Total votes: 84
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Re: How many Gor books have you read?

Postby Kaitlin » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:55 am

Ok 78 books by the same author...blog on the primary male role...nope you weren't a fan...just a gorean researcher. :problem:

Glaucon will be glad to know he was right.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:59 pm

No great feat being correct about that. I kinda already knew, because he said so before, like I said. And I try to actually believe people (Pelo, Norman, you) when they tell me something about themselves, rather than assuming the opposite, unless they are obviously talking out of their ass (an approach I would heartily recommend :thumbup: ). When there is out-of-ass-talking, I am happy to play dr. Phil, same as you. It just isn't my default stance.

Pelo never really struck me as an ass-talker, though. As a tropic fish collector, maybe. But he is done with fish, clearly. :mrgreen:

@ Pelo: How is the Greek-Turkish border doing? And share some of the optimism apparently aired by people in your government? The 'the economy' thread misses you.
Pelopidas
SL Name: Dion Diavolo

Postby Pelopidas » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:48 am

Kaitlin wrote:Ok 78 books by the same author...blog on the primary male role...nope you weren't a fan...just a gorean researcher. :problem:

Glaucon will be glad to know he was right.

I was a fan of the community, i said that, i enjoyed my roleplay and the people i used to hang out with, the debates in the forums, my research of the books was about all that.

Let me tell you what a fan is. Im a Tolkien fan. I have all of his books both in Greek and English. I have digital copies and hardcover copies. I have all the DvDs, collector's edition, hell, i even have a miniature of the city of Gondor on my desk. When The Hobbit was out, i rushed to the cinema to see the movie, even if it's been more than 15 years since i read The Lord of the Rings.

That's a fan.

Truth be told Kaitlin, if i wasnt involved in the SL Gorean community i would have stopped reading the books after Tarnsman. Were they SO horrible? Well, they were rather bad, Oor nailed it yes, i did like the Red Caste and was curious about the Priest Kings vs Kurii war, and just that.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:42 pm

Let me tell you what a fan is. Im a Tolkien fan. I have all of his books both in Greek and English. I have digital copies and hardcover copies. I have all the DvDs, collector's edition, hell, i even have a miniature of the city of Gondor on my desk. When The Hobbit was out, i rushed to the cinema to see the movie, even if it's been more than 15 years since i read The Lord of the Rings.

That's a fan.

I can still drone up all of those names... Finwe, Feanor, Celegorm, Caranthir, Maedhros, Amrod, Amros, Curufin, Maglor, Fingolfin, Fingon, Finarfin, Orodreth, etc. of the noldo houses. The movies... meh. Not so much. (Though The Hobbit was okay... for a fan... at least they didn't cut anything out... but then again, hard to cut anything out from a movie covering about 50 pages of a book. :o.O: ).
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:05 pm

Pelopidas wrote:I was a fan of the community, i said that, i enjoyed my roleplay and the people i used to hang out with, the debates in the forums, my research of the books was about all that.

I'm really not sure how this differs from anything I said despite my easy acquiescence to Glaucon because I felt he missed my point.

Kaitlin wrote:As for Pelo, I didn't say he loved the books or he lied. I stated he got something out of reading the entire series...twice. He also got something out of creating a website to provide accurate book information to people who couldn't be bothered to read the books themselves. The puts him in the "fan" category for me and not the "hater" category.

I only placed you in the "fan" category in comparison to the "hater" category. I have no idea how this compares to every other series you have ever read but you got something out of reading the books even if it is all tied up in your "love of community & debate".

Once upon a time... Kait
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:26 am

If little Johny has to read a book because he will get an exam about it, and he doesn't want to fail that, he is also getting SOMETHING out of it. Doesn't make him a fan of that book.

Let's AGREE that you have an idiosyncratic interpretation of the word 'fan'. ;)
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:36 am

Glaucon wrote:If little Johny has to read a book because he will get an exam about it, and he doesn't want to fail that, he is also getting SOMETHING out of it. Doesn't make him a fan of that book.

Let's AGREE that you have an idiosyncratic interpretation of the word 'fan'. ;)

How about keeping it simple. You don't read books you hate 78 times and if you do you are one unique individual. That was really the only point ever being made.

Once upon a time... Kait

Postby ... » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:20 am

PELO!

COME AND BE MY MASTER!

Pelopidas
SL Name: Dion Diavolo

Postby Pelopidas » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:50 am

People who know me better than you Kaitlin, really, and showed me this thread, were laughing at your conclusions, as i do, but anyway. I think whatever i might say will not convince you, cause you are really determined to be right.

So let's sum it up. Im a unique closet Gor book lover in denial, i confess.
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:12 am

Pelopidas wrote:People who know me better than you Kaitlin, really, and showed me this thread, were laughing at your conclusions, as i do, but anyway. I think whatever i might say will not convince you, cause you are really determined to be right.

So let's sum it up. Im a unique closet Gor book lover in denial, i confess.

What the heck are you arguing about. Who said you were a gor book lover? You might despise the man and his writing. I said you got something out of it which you admitted in your first response on gorums in eons. I also stated you had an interest in helping at least one role be portrayed in accordance with those books despite the website being "half finished". It still remains one of the most valid sources/interpretations of the warrior role.

If you decided to read 78 books just for shits and giggles then that audience you mentioned should have something else to laugh about. That is a lot of time to spend on something you look at with disdain. It might help if they actually read what was stated.

That said, I'm glad my post got you out of hibernation. Glaucon has missed you.

Once upon a time... Kait

Return to “General”