Mesh What?!!?? Hands, Heads & Breasts...wow

Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Mesh What?!!?? Hands, Heads & Breasts...wow

Postby Kaitlin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:11 pm

So a few days ago I saw the prettiest rack on any avatar I have ever seen for breast additions. It wasn't overly large but the shape was a huge improvement over prim breasts of the past.

A few weeks ago I went to snag some flip flops from SLink and they now have mesh hands. They were gorgeous but I didn't commit yet to purchasing them.

Is anyone out there trying the latest mesh additions to improve the look of the avatar?

Mesh Head

Mesh Hands

Mesh Breasts

Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Exploring SL - Ann Owiti
Kait
Teslik & Sip Root Gorean Medical Info
Garian
SL Name: Garian Vidor

Re: Mesh What?!!?? Hands, Heads & Breasts...wow

Postby Garian » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:16 pm

Yes, I checked them out for my slave. I like the concept, but not the idea of the same faces going around so I can't wait for more. The expressions and makeups give some variety and I'm very pro-mesh for quality.

I'll be looking for a man one for myself.
Last edited by Garian on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GariansGoreanGuide.tumblr.com

"In the heart of every male, there is a Gorean, even if only a secret, concealed Gorean."
Rebels of Gor
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Garian wrote:Yes, I checked them out. I like the concept, but not the idea of the same faces going around so I can't wait for more. The expressions and makeups give some variety and I'm very pro-mesh for quality.

I'll be looking for a man one.

I really like the concept of the head/avatar but I had the same concern over seeing the same face over and over gain. I snagged the demo of the head and I'm going to see how much variation is possible but hopefully this opens the door for other options & variety.

Exploring SL - Ann Owiti
Kait
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:29 pm

I tried the mesh head, and well, first, it looks better on the pic, second, you cannot change the features, so, if this concept get success, be sure to have a chance to meet your twin sister, some day... With a shape you can modify, finally, you can give to your face an expression that will be your, with a mesh head, and despite the variations offered by this model, you are still very limited.

I have the SLlink hands... Nice nice, when you wear sleeves... But naked, it is just impossible to have them matching perfectly with your skin, as the prims feet if you dont wear something around the ankles... And as they are not modify, you cannot remove the scripts and this option is not offered.

The lola boobs, I wanted to try, as I have seen they were modify (I dont like big boobs) but once in the store, I didnt see any demo, and the thing was proposed for 1700/1750 $SL, I dont remember exactly. Not that it would ruin me, but Im reluctant to pay that for something that I will probably seldom use (playing a FW, I dont have so many opportunities to go topless, huh!), especially if finally, it doesnt match perfectly with my skin...
Violetta Daviau
SL Name: Violetta Daviau

Postby Violetta Daviau » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:50 pm

Sasi wrote:...
I have the SLlink hands... Nice nice, when you wear sleeves... But naked, it is just impossible to have them matching perfectly with your skin, as the prims feet if you dont wear something around the ankles... And as they are not modify, you cannot remove the scripts and this option is not offered.

You can come pretty close if you use texture layer gloves (for feet: socks) that blend from fully transparent to fully opaque and then coloring the feet/hands very close to your skin, and using the texture layers to do the rest. The main problem with those feet/hands blending with the skin is usually the light effects fixed on the skin that give e.g. front and backsides of ankles/shins another color than their sides. The textures will undo that.

What I personally do not like is rather the daytime lighting effects that reflect differently from textures/skins and any kind of prims (normal, sculpt and mesh too). So no matter how good one adjusts in noon settings, in dusk/dawn and midnight it will look not fitting anymore.
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:53 pm

Awww I'm sad to hear that about the hands. I was hoping they would have a tinted glove to make the match more seamless like the new mesh feet have included with socks. It eliminates the need to wear an anklet of any kind.

I agree on the need for a demo on the breasts. I hate buying things that don't fit properly, however I have seen several skin makers come out with Lola Tango additions to match their skins so color matching shouldn't be a problem if this is available for the skin you wear.

Exploring SL - Ann Owiti
Kait
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:10 pm

I tried the mesh head. I like it- there's actually a lot of customizing options, eyebrows, makeup, nose, eye color, eye lashes, expression, blush/cheekbone shaping...it does seem to have a larger range of possibilities than you'd think. I've seen it blogged on different people and it does seem to look different each time. Here's my pics of it:

http://www.clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/2012/11/midian-character-aria-delgado.html

And here's New World Note's Iris Ophelia's write up on it:

http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2012/11/logo-chloe-making-a-mesh-head-your-own.html#more

I think the mesh hands and feet are lovely, but having a crappy viewer, I'm often at a loss to match them, even going by "color under cursor" to get an exact match with my skin I'm usually thrown off by the ambient light making them look so drastically different.

The mesh boobs, when they're not "inflation fetish" enormous, look pretty nice too- though again, I think I'd have problems matching them up. Although, I did have a friend tell me that Luck, Inc. makes skin matching textures for many popular skins, so that might take care of that problem. I dunno. If I give 'em a try, I'll do a write up of them and take pics. LOL
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:41 pm

Love the Mesh hands and actually I featured them in a post here:

http://ellecouerblanc.com/gorean-fashio ... ry-in-gor/

I found them easy to match if you use the tattoo layers to better blend the skin with the wrists. Personally I would like it if she had used a glove layer since I tend to max out on tat layers.

The mesh head I hate and I probably harassed my friend daily who blogged it non stop for about two weeks. Something about it was too perfect and the shape was just off. I really don't get the point of a mesh head - hands and feet totally - but not heads. I like the way our avatar heads are and how we can personalize them somewhat.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:55 pm

Kaitlin wrote:Awww I'm sad to hear that about the hands. I was hoping they would have a tinted glove to make the match more seamless like the new mesh feet have included with socks. It eliminates the need to wear an anklet of any kind.

It's a tat layer but she told me she was going to update to a glove layer at some point. I think the max tat layers you can wear is five.
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Kaitlin

Postby Kaitlin » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:22 pm

Elle Couerblanc wrote:
Kaitlin wrote:Awww I'm sad to hear that about the hands. I was hoping they would have a tinted glove to make the match more seamless like the new mesh feet have included with socks. It eliminates the need to wear an anklet of any kind.

It's a tat layer but she told me she was going to update to a glove layer at some point. I think the max tat layers you can wear is five.

It is five. If you wear lashes and makeup and a hair base you are at the max quickly. I've also got the new LAQ skin on one of my alts which takes up all of the tat layers just to add the features you want which sucks. They really should up it to 10.

Exploring SL - Ann Owiti
Kait

Return to “General”