The Luther Scrolls

Discussions about John Norman, and his books.

Have you heard of the Luther Scrolls? DId you ever read them? If so, what did you think of them?

Never heard of them.
3%
Never heard of them.
3%
Didn't he hammer them to a church door in 1517?
1%
Didn't he hammer them to a church door in 1517?
1%
Heard of them or seen them, never really read them.
1%
Heard of them or seen them, never really read them.
1%
I read (some of) them. Good information in them.
11%
I read (some of) them. Good information in them.
11%
Read (some of) them. I felt they were so-so.
16%
Read (some of) them. I felt they were so-so.
16%
Read (some of) them. They were quite bad.
14%
Read (some of) them. They were quite bad.
14%
Read (some of) them. They ruined SL Gor.
3%
Read (some of) them. They ruined SL Gor.
3%
I read the Luther scrolls, therefore I am.
No votes
I read the Luther scrolls, therefore I am.
No votes

Total votes: 70
Conall
SL Name: Conall DeCuir
Role: Torvaldslander

Re: The Luther Scrolls

Postby Conall » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:27 pm

Sasi wrote:
Conall wrote:And i had some situations (not many though, probably because i am not so active anymore)where it was not a crossover because of some ooc relationships but because of a total misunderstanding or ignorance about the actual setting the slave (and some FWs)had entered and which is called Gor. I was not nice enough, not understanding enough, bad me kept it IC and gorean and did not used some more decent BDSM ways.

I am still sure if people would understand and it would be pointed more clearly out to them that gor and gorean roleplay has very less to do with bdsm and ssc (except you are in privacy where you can do what you want), you could actually enjoy much more the very simple gorean roleplay.

And you have no idea about the number of men who in Gor have a total misunderstanding about the FW's role and the notion of ranks, how many of them, of low caste, playing some artisan or peasants, had expected that my high caste and wealthy FW's character would bow in front of them because they were men, and were just upset OOC because she considered herself, with reason, so, due to her position and family, as superior to them... And I shouldn't even speak of these other men who insult the FW in requiring that slaves kneel in nadu in their presence... Pointing to these guys the quotes from books (because of course, IC, the FW reacts bad and gets some stupid reaction making the whole scene turning ridiculous) where men respect highly the FW , even those with sharp tongues and would not offend them, is just a waste of time, you get usually the stereotyped and simplistic argument that is "Gor is a man's world and women are free only because men allow them to be free blah blah..." Just boring...

Sasi i know that, i saw and see it still to often that there is no understanding of the setting when men meet free women. For me the situation is just very fucked up.

Who is new to sl-gor will never find out what gor is about while entering the offered roleplay (in most cases, not in all). They see, they hear, they learn that FWs do not have to be respected but slaves are very valued, FWs do not dare to punish a slave (they do not dare, they are afraid or just tired about all the hassle and thats just sad) and slaves on the other hand act like FWs, like a kind of FW. The guys who roleplay a gorean master do not see what is wrong, for them its just normal and i do doubt anyone of them has ever heard about the books, not to speak of the Luther Scrolls, less gave it any deeper thought what they are doing. It is just some fun roleplay and bdsm and hot and naked pixel chicks.

Well thats SL-Gor. We have to live with it or leave, join into the circus or, as someone else wrote (and what i am usually doing) choose to play with the rare people who want to embrace it a bit more.

(I dont want to generalise, its just how i write .. i know its not "all")
"You have your Odin and i have mine"
Conall
SL Name: Conall DeCuir
Role: Torvaldslander

Postby Conall » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:30 pm

Leah wrote:
Conall wrote:And i had some situations (not many though, probably because i am not so active anymore)where it was not a crossover because of some ooc relationships but because of a total misunderstanding or ignorance about the actual setting the slave (and some FWs)had entered and which is called Gor. I was not nice enough, not understanding enough, bad me kept it IC and gorean and did not used some more decent BDSM ways.

I am still sure if people would understand and it would be pointed more clearly out to them that gor and gorean roleplay has very less to do with bdsm and ssc (except you are in privacy where you can do what you want), you could actually enjoy much more the very simple gorean roleplay.

Yeah, but...Conall...did you really want to RP with them? I mean...if they can't appreciate your style of RP, it's better that they freak out early before mucking with your RP too much.

You meanie, you.

More to the point, though, I still think it's important to remember that there are real people behind the avatars. Real people are weird and have strange (to me) triggers and sometimes flip out over things that I really don't understand. Then again, I suppose I am strange and weird (to them) and sometimes flip out over things they don't really understand.

I dunno, man. I don't see the issue with making sure everyone is having fun in the situation. And, if they were flipping out from an OOC perspective because you weren't "nice" enough OOC, that's crossover to me. :fleeflee:

When you would play a slave and meet me and you would do two times the same silly fault because you didnt paid attention and i would ask you if your owner has belted your brains too, would you run away screaming, calling out you would ftb and mute me because i am not nice enough ?

:D
"You have your Odin and i have mine"
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:54 pm

Conall wrote:When you would play a slave and meet me and you would do two times the same silly fault because you didnt paid attention and i would ask you if your owner has belted your brains too, would you run away screaming, calling out you would ftb and mute me because i am not nice enough ?

:D

I think we both know that I would not run screaming bloody murder.

Think of it as an escape! You escaped a nitwit! :D
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499

Return to “Chronicles of Counter Earth”