Furnished or unfurnished?

Need to find something? Ask Here!

What is your preference?

I'd rather buy the structure then decorate and furnish it myself.
40%
I'd rather buy the structure then decorate and furnish it myself.
40%
I'd rather buy a structure that is completely furnished so I don't have to do it.
3%
I'd rather buy a structure that is completely furnished so I don't have to do it.
3%
I'd rather create the structure myself but buy furnishings and decorations.
3%
I'd rather create the structure myself but buy furnishings and decorations.
3%
I'd rather build all of it myself.
5%
I'd rather build all of it myself.
5%

Total votes: 40
MammaKittie
SL Name: Grrrrr
Caste: Always Kittie
Home Stone: Right now in a world of pretty
Owner: Please...as if

Furnished or unfurnished?

Postby MammaKittie » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:58 pm

I have another poll I would appreciate help with! I've been building a whole bunch lately and am planning on some new Gorean structures. Please let me know your thoughts? Thanks so much:)
Charlotte
SL Name: Charlotte Milev

Re: Furnished or unfurnished?

Postby Charlotte » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:26 am

In The Sims 2, (computer game) you've the option to purchase a house furnished or unfurnished.
Obviously unfurnished is cheaper, but if your interested in furnishing the builds as well, then I'd suggest you offer 3 options.

1. unfurnished
2. furnished
3. furnishings

If the furnished has a bit of a discount (buying in bulk), even if its more expensive overall, you should get sales.
Never underestimate the power of the angry mod even if you are a trained fighter. -Vyl
Aphris
SL Name: Aphris Myoo
Role: Yearkeeper & Trader
Home Stone: Kataii

Postby Aphris » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:45 am

I almost always buy, or let other builders make the construction. But the furnishing I do myself. It helps keeping prims down. Builders often make low prim buildings, but then add all kind of highly detailed (also much prim) furniture.
She smiled. "I have grown fond of the smell of bosk," said she. Kamchak smiled. He held his hand to the girl. "Ride with me, Aphris of Turia," said Kamchak of the Tuchuks. Image
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:34 am

Yeah, I'd say do both if you can keep the prims down. I know I'm always looking for ways to save on prims and no matter how beautiful a building/furniture is/are- if they've got too many prims for my allotment, I can't use them. =/
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Charlotte
SL Name: Charlotte Milev

Postby Charlotte » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Another problem I've seen, builders who use crap animations, crappily placed/adjusted animations, or too few prims!

Or the cheap every-builder-has-them sculpts, like theres a chair -everyone- seems to have bought, and whenever I see it in a build I sort of go 'oh so you couldn't spring for something interesting, hey?'
Never underestimate the power of the angry mod even if you are a trained fighter. -Vyl
Varrich
SL Name: Varrich Steamweaver
Caste: Peasant
Role: tarsk/flower farmer
Home Stone: Rose Isles Village
AkA: Varrich

Postby Varrich » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:33 pm

the village provides structures for peoples work and home. There is not need for a seperate office for everyone and a seperate home for everyone we live where we work as it was done and still is done. that leaves people free to buy or make what they want to put in the shops farms industrial areas etc.
Aphris
SL Name: Aphris Myoo
Role: Yearkeeper & Trader
Home Stone: Kataii

Postby Aphris » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:51 pm

Varrich wrote:the village provides structures for peoples work and home. There is not need for a separate office for everyone and a separate home for everyone

No separate homes prevents people from sitting in a room with a kajira instead of role playing, so good idea. On the other hand, many people DEMAND a own home, otherwise they just don't come to your sim.
She smiled. "I have grown fond of the smell of bosk," said she. Kamchak smiled. He held his hand to the girl. "Ride with me, Aphris of Turia," said Kamchak of the Tuchuks. Image

Return to “Merchandise Help”