21%
Other
3%
Other
3%

Total votes: 62
Username
SL Name: Username Resident

Re: Exchange or In Game? Where do you shop?

Postby Username » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:09 am

Marketplace only. No lag, no idiots.
alana
SL Name: alana quicksand

Postby alana » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:10 am

Marketplace...for most...
Not always
Retreat from reality ~ The substitution of the imaginary for the real.
~I know a lot more than you think, but I keep it to myself to save arguments~
Part of the 1%, lucky me! Must suck to be you. :poke:
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:16 pm

Marketplace. Comparison shopping at its finest.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Exploring SL - Ann Owiti
Kait
Teslik & Sip Root Gorean Medical Info
Chron
SL Name: Chron Minotaur

Postby Chron » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:56 pm

I use the marketplace to search, then I'll visit the stores inworld to see the range of their products and if they have anything out on display. The last bit of shopping I did was for animals(nothing breedable!), for which you need to seem them inworld before purchase.
Thyri
SL Name: Thyri Carver
Caste: Scribe
Role: Free Woman

Postby Thyri » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:19 pm

I usually will shop on the marketplace, and then look in world if its something I actually want to buy.

Usually on the marketplace the items presented have been so overly photoshopped or edited on a pose stand so much to fit the model well... that they're nothing like the out of the box item. I prefer to see the item in world if I'm going to be spending a good amount of money on clothing. No photoshopping, show me how the item moves on an avatar... show me you actually can work with prims well rather then looprez. Then I'll be a devoted fan and probably buy in store and in marketplace.

With furniture, if the item is highly photoshopped or edited or has items in the photo that are not the item offered, I tend to avoid that item. Yes I know that photoshopping happens, and editing happens, and props look nice.. but I'm buying an item, not your photoshop skills in making pretty light effects, not your ability to place the text for the item RIGHT over the major flaw in the item's design. I'm buying the item. Also with furniture I'd like to see that you're not using freebie animations with the furniture. Either custom made poses/animations or well done full perms ones is good. But I'm not spending 5000L on a couch that has nothing but a free MLP drive in it and freebie animations. Great, you edited a notecard.... that's not worth 5k in my book. So if there's a store available for me to test the animations and to see the primwork, that will make me part with my lindens a LOT more than a well done ad on the marketplace.
Be very polite. -Flagg RIP 2009
Varrich
SL Name: Varrich Steamweaver
Caste: Peasant
Role: tarsk/flower farmer
Home Stone: Rose Isles Village
AkA: Varrich

Postby Varrich » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:10 am

for big things in world i will go to locations to find them. for clothes the market place...for toys like carts and what not...i like to go to the different stores i find some really good stuff that way, for the breedables the in world stores, for buildings supplies market and in world. depends on what i want or need
Kel
SL Name: Colin Eternal

Postby Kel » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:08 pm

I search the marketplace then if its something like animations or scripted stuff I tend to visit the store in-world to test it out. So much easier and quicker than walking around lag filled stores for hours just trying to find something in particular.

Return to “Merchandise Help”