How do you like your nipples?

Need to find something? Ask Here!

How do you prefer the nipples to be on women's skins?

Small, tight
14%
Small, tight
14%
Larger, less defined
7%
Larger, less defined
7%
Less defined areola, more defined nip
10%
Less defined areola, more defined nip
10%
Darker then surrounding skin
10%
Darker then surrounding skin
10%
Barely different from surrounding skin
1%
Barely different from surrounding skin
1%
Options?
7%
Options?
7%

Total votes: 70
Caitlyn
SL Name: Viciously Llewellyn
Role: Slave

Re: How do you like your nipples?

Postby Caitlyn » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:42 am

It seems to me that over the passing of a relatively short amount of time, the tattoo layer will seriously cut into the ability of skin makers to sell a ton of different makeup styles for their products.

When you sell a skin, you want to hear the cash register ring a substantial number. To me, I would stop looking at skins as your "look" and start looking at it as the base for your eventual look. I would offer several shading options. For eveyone that likes the heavy shading, there is another that doesn't. Some really nice second generation skins that aren't so heavy on the body shading might be nice ... and a few levels of shading might be a good marketing plan. Think something right in the middle of a flat first generation and a second generation skin. Another good marketing plan might be to vary the height of the shading around the breasts. As an avatar that comes in at about 5'7", most of the best second generation, highly shaded skins, put the breast shading, somewhere down on my stomach.

Several nipple options, is a no-brainer. I mean .. why not?
Thirty Loop Animations
Willow
SL Name: Willow Jenipe

Postby Willow » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:23 am

I have one of those skins (from PK) which is made from a photo of someone. It looks brilliant in closeup; you can see her pores, a mole, and so on. So naturally the nipples...

You can't get much more realistic than that. Except for one thing - the shape. Is it impossible to make a skin with nipples that actually work in 3D? However good they look from the front, they never quite work when looked at from the side. I mean in RL, even under a bra, you still get some indication of what's there.
Erik
SL Name: Erik Fyanucci
Caste: It's complicated
Role: Laugh-master
Home Stone: Reality
AkA: Ari Blackthorne

Postby Erik » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:01 am

Caitlyn wrote:It seems to me that over the passing of a relatively short amount of time, the tattoo layer will seriously cut into the ability of skin makers to sell a ton of different makeup styles for their products.

When you sell a skin, you want to hear the cash register ring a substantial number. To me, I would stop looking at skins as your "look" and start looking at it as the base for your eventual look. I would offer several shading options. For eveyone that likes the heavy shading, there is another that doesn't. Some really nice second generation skins that aren't so heavy on the body shading might be nice ... and a few levels of shading might be a good marketing plan. Think something right in the middle of a flat first generation and a second generation skin. Another good marketing plan might be to vary the height of the shading around the breasts. As an avatar that comes in at about 5'7", most of the best second generation, highly shaded skins, put the breast shading, somewhere down on my stomach.

Several nipple options, is a no-brainer. I mean .. why not?

Agreed.
Whenever my opinion is asked, I always recommend the "natural" (or as close to it as possible: no make-up) version. Of course, as a business person myself, it's just good business (from the business person's perspective) to find ways to get the customer spend as much as possible. Which is why skins (and many other things that have different variations) are all sold with one variation each.

However, I am of the belief that people will spend more on one, if it is modifiable/layer-able, etc.

I use Imprudence viewer, which has all the features (most of) Emerald and some that Emerald does not have. So I don;t know if Emerald supports the Viewer 2 "Tattoo" and "Alpha" layers in the appearance widget, but Imprudence does.

If I were doing the female thing, I would hope to buy a "base" skin in a "natural" look, then buy "add-on" make-ups and tattoos that will go into those layers (they appear in inventory like any other clothing item, so easy to replace by double-click to wear).

Even though viewer 2 (apparently) will not gain any real traction, viewers such as Kirstens Viewer, Emerald, Imprudence and likely others will incorporate these newer features and creator (Ohai, Dream!) will need to plan ahead to take advantage.

So in Dream's case (and other creators/products) I can see releasing as usual: multiple individual skins with different looks and also a modular "system" that the user can modify as they choose: base skin with add-on "plug-ins" for different make-up, skin shades, tattoos and so on. The "skins" industry in SL will see a transformation to this model over the next couple years I suspect.

As a someone who prefers to spend more for quality and flexibility, I'd easily pay L$4000 ot L$5000 for the beginnings of such a system for a quality male skin (Base skin with a selection of two tattoos and two shades or something as a "starter" pack, then shop for additional "plug-ins".)

As for Dream's samples shown above... it's SL. I don;t want "too realistic" Merge the two you have and that would be my own choice. But to choose between the two, I'd go with the "original" for definition purposes alone. I know there are limits to this stuff. But that's just me. I don't cam-in on nipples.

One question all the guys want to ask but are afraid to (or maybe I missed it in a previous comment) is what will the "charms" area look like? LOL
:thumbup:
Dream Resistance
SL Name: You may call me...Headmistress
Caste: Slytherin
Role: Faculty
Home Stone: Hogwarts
Owner: Fantasia & *FakE*

Postby Dream Resistance » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:36 pm

Well hell guys, gonna make me give up my whole damned marketting plan?!?!
The problem with putting everything on tattoo layers is the fact that currently, you can't wear more then one. So I'm thinking, for now, a standard body in 7 tones. That one base, for probably less then most skins sell for now. In the box with the base skin will be the base with or without hairbase, with or without cleavage, with or without freckles, and in three hair colors.
Then, off to the side, the wall'o'makeup. Lip color packs, eye makeup from simple to dramatic, etc. Maybe even tattoo/undershirt layers with piercings (because I loooooved when Nomine offered pierced nip options) These will probably end up in my FakE store, so hopefully people will be up for the makeup packs. And I'll probably put up posters with links to the Imp and Emerald viewers, since both support tattoo and alpha layers, but don't suck like v2.

I'm glad you guys seem to like the new nips better :D I toned down the areola shading a bit, but kept the more defined nip 'bud' itself. And the size. The lady bits are um...pretty simple really. No gaping meat curtain look, not too high on the pelvic area (I don't think). I'll have to look at it now, lol.

These do tend to be a bit more strongly shaded then some. I prefer a more defined skin myself, and invariably the creators taste comes through too! And I gave them something that I love on the Atomic skins too, the cupid's bow muscle line. Maybe when they allow wearing multiple tattoos at once, I can start incorporating the extra shading as an option as well.
"Excuse my rudeness, I can't abide useless people."

"I'd rather rp with kids and newb rpers then asshats."

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Auckland%20Island/96/55/37
http://fantasiacostumes.blogspot.com
Cup of asshole tea

Postby Cup of asshole tea » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:15 am

...yours...
Dream Resistance
SL Name: You may call me...Headmistress
Caste: Slytherin
Role: Faculty
Home Stone: Hogwarts
Owner: Fantasia & *FakE*

Postby Dream Resistance » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:46 pm

Vio, where have you been all my life? Want to come give the skin a thorough review? Don't forget the stinky belt! :lol:
"Excuse my rudeness, I can't abide useless people."

"I'd rather rp with kids and newb rpers then asshats."

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Auckland%20Island/96/55/37
http://fantasiacostumes.blogspot.com

Return to “Merchandise Help”