Gorean Meter Manual and Crafting HUD

snowgryphon
SL Name: snowgryphon
AkA: Snow Gryphon

Gorean Meter Manual and Crafting HUD

Postby snowgryphon » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:11 pm

Is there a manual available for the Gorean Meter, and if so where might I get a copy? Also, where can I get the Gorean Meter crafting HUD. I think I've been to every Gimli in the world and can't find it....grins.
eligiblejam
SL Name: Eligiblejam Resident
AkA: Romulus Agrippa

Re: Gorean Meter Manual and Crafting HUD

Postby eligiblejam » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:21 pm

I agree. I have been trying for a long time to find some *basic* definitions for speed, delay, etc. Any pointers, please?
Purist, not elitist.
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:42 pm

You can find those in your Gorean Meter folder, there's a Developer Guide and a Weapons Guide.

The GM crafting HUD and guide can be found here:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Gimli/115/125/31

I don't know of anyone who actually crafts, almost everyone purchases bandages with coins gained from exploits. If you're in need, join a large group like Ghost or someone, get to know people, and you'll receive a batch of thousands.
snowgryphon
SL Name: snowgryphon
AkA: Snow Gryphon

Postby snowgryphon » Mon May 05, 2014 4:15 pm

Been to Gimli numerous times and no crafting HUD to be found and not sure what is meant by a group named "Ghost". The nc that comes with the meter has some info about commands, but no real manual or instructions for use. Since the meter still seems to be supported and is in widespread use, it seems odd that there is no manual that I can find and no one I know really knows how to use the meter when asked.
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Tue May 06, 2014 3:47 pm

Paste this link into SL, click it, and it will teleport you directly to the crafting station:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Gimli/115/125/31

The meter itself is simple to use, you wear it and set your gender. Then equip a weapon(if appropriate), and go out to roleplay. If you aren't involved in Gorean combat, there's little to say for the meter's use.

If you have specific questions, you can post them here. Otherwise just equip it, go out and roleplay.
shadowdancer2014
SL Name: shadowdancer kamala

Postby shadowdancer2014 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:44 am

I am a level 10 crafter in healing took me almost a year to reach that level and now all the high level stuff i crafted has no value because of the ones who hacked the trading station and consequently you cannot sell them any more. Yes, I still craft bandages, even though those who stole all the coins are now selling them in mass for lindens....the crafting manual is way out of date and is not true in most cases any more but at least gives you an idea of what you need but no help to a new crafter of how it actually works.. The only way the bandage system will be viable again is to totally turn off the buying of bandages and let the healing crafters make the bandages

shadow
shadowdancer2014
SL Name: shadowdancer kamala

Postby shadowdancer2014 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:46 am

The crafting hud is at gimli right by the trade station...it is a big white sign and you click on it.
Hope this helped
shadow
zeldaz
SL Name: zelda zsun

Postby zeldaz » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:11 am

This reply is in regards to the crafting HUD:

- Gimli seems to have gone. The trading station, GM server (factory box), and crafting HUD can be found here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/V ... 52/91/2001

- This link is hard to find, but explains a lot of the crafting system: http://gm.mivabe.nl/GMCraftManual.php

- Don't listen to people who say that "nobody uses the crafting system" Lots of people do. But trading does seem to be a thing of the past, so you will probably want to coordinate with a few friends.

- I'm not sure if it's documented, but you must make ten of the new craft item to advance. I can't remember if when there are two new items if you make five of each. I think that's the case.

- If you actually use any of the poison weapons, be prepared for drama. In stark contrast to the books, Gorean warriors are drama queens. ;)

I hope people find this helpful,
Z

Return to “Meters”