GM meter: A more BtB male / female difference

What would a better difference in gender strength be on the GM meter?

1. None. Man and woman should have equal chance of winning in combat over eachother.
6%
1. None. Man and woman should have equal chance of winning in combat over eachother.
6%
2. It's fine the way it is. 15%.
6%
2. It's fine the way it is. 15%.
6%
3. 30% (4-5 meleeswings to take out a woman, 5-6 to take out a man)
6%
3. 30% (4-5 meleeswings to take out a woman, 5-6 to take out a man)
6%
4. 60% (4 melee swings to take out a woman, 5-6 to take out a man)
12%
4. 60% (4 melee swings to take out a woman, 5-6 to take out a man)
12%
5. 100% (3 melee swings to take out a woman)
4%
5. 100% (3 melee swings to take out a woman)
4%
6. 200% (2 melee swings to take out a woman)
2%
6. 200% (2 melee swings to take out a woman)
2%
7. 500% (1 melee swing to take out a woman or 2 arrowhits)
10%
7. 500% (1 melee swing to take out a woman or 2 arrowhits)
10%
8. 2000% (1 melee swing or 1 splash hit to take out a woman)
6%
8. 2000% (1 melee swing or 1 splash hit to take out a woman)
6%

Total votes: 52
Lacey
SL Name: Lacey arentire
Caste: The White Ghost
Role: Haunting
Home Stone: Where Dead Goreans go.
Owner: Deka
AkA: Crazy

Re: GM meter: A more BtB male / female difference

Postby Lacey » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:21 pm

I think panthers,tulunas,some northern women,and ect would be stronger than a city lady expecally if a high caste.
I should have never cut her hair!
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:15 pm

Lacey wrote:I think panthers,tulunas,some northern women,and ect would be stronger than a city lady expecally if a high caste.

Probably. But by how much? And what if the high caste woman had been a panther girl in a past life? Or if she was only pretending to be a caste member... but for the last 5 years? What if she was tall and bulky versus a slight and short panther girl? Would the peasant woman be stronger than the scribe FW? How about she-urts? And if you do this for women, you should do it for men. So... back to the 'assassin' vs 'warrior' debate. Are they equally strong? Or is the warrior stronger? How much stronger?

And how to settle such questions?

The enemy of the concrete, practical improvement is the vast array of possible further improvements.
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Postby HorizonNinetails » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:58 pm

Glaucon Delphis wrote:
Lacey wrote:I think panthers,tulunas,some northern women,and ect would be stronger than a city lady expecally if a high caste.

Probably. But by how much? And what if the high caste woman had been a panther girl in a past life? Or if she was only pretending to be a caste member... but for the last 5 years? What if she was tall and bulky versus a slight and short panther girl? Would the peasant woman be stronger than the scribe FW? How about she-urts? And if you do this for women, you should do it for men. So... back to the 'assassin' vs 'warrior' debate. Are they equally strong? Or is the warrior stronger? How much stronger?

And how to settle such questions?

The enemy of the concrete, practical improvement is the vast array of possible further improvements.

Yea that :thumbup:
Lacey
SL Name: Lacey arentire
Caste: The White Ghost
Role: Haunting
Home Stone: Where Dead Goreans go.
Owner: Deka
AkA: Crazy

Postby Lacey » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:39 pm

Glaucon,we know solutions will never be agreed on. That is why i think the meter is fine, people need to change.
I should have never cut her hair!
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:24 am

The current meter is not an issue for BTB sims where you wont meet women taking a sword and attacking a man. Women using bows in BTB sims, are panther girls or talunas. Women who need to fight in BTB sims, do it in defense only and they use already weaker weapons (daggers, hairpins), so, it's not an issue.

Why would we need, in BTB sim, to make weaker, again, the women? It would not be fair for panther girls.

And as for the Ms Conan, as they are not Gorean, they should be simply, ejected as soon as they show up as they break the rules. A GE Ninja girl coming into BTB sim, seriously, it's OOC provocation....
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:34 am

Hmmm, a good idea, and the thread dies with everyone (well, most) disagreeing in one direction or another.

(I do wonder what those 4 that voted 500% or up were thinking... if anything.)

Anarch... maybe you ought to ask Alika or Jaraziah to change the (optional) setting for her next version (I doubt anyone sim owner that IS using this option at the moment would object).
Mat
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Postby Mat » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:42 am

Glaucon Delphis wrote:Hmmm, a good idea, and the thread dies with everyone (well, most) disagreeing in one direction or another.

Anarch... maybe you ought to ask Alika or Jaraziah to change the (optional) setting for her next version (I doubt anyone sim owner that IS using this option at the moment would object).

I was one of the ones that voted 500% simply because I wanted it to where a panther would actually run unless having you extremely outnumbered and at range. I want the extremely weak female but that is just me and I do not want to have to continually practice I am lazy like that.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
Yani
SL Name: Yanika Calamity
Role: not active

Postby Yani » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:12 am

Mat Vhargon wrote:
Glaucon Delphis wrote:Hmmm, a good idea, and the thread dies with everyone (well, most) disagreeing in one direction or another.

I was one of the ones that voted 500% simply because I wanted it to where a panther would actually run unless having you extremely outnumbered and at range. I want the extremely weak female but that is just me and I do not want to have to continually practice I am lazy like that.

Mat, you want Panther Girls weak and running and that is all fine, most in SL Gor would like that, but then I would like to see an actual forest where you wouldn't see us till it was to late and our arrows hit you in the back, remove the use of maps, radars and such and let us be hidden as we are meant to be, till that happen we need to be able to defend ourself from the hordes of sex starved men
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Postby HorizonNinetails » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:17 am

Yea. I'd rather have it as a setting.

In forests, you'd be on more even footing.

But the prim thing, hiding, that goes both ways.

Just as many panthers turn off alpha and ignore trees.

It severely limits what you can build.

The best way to get around the issue is to make trees non-phantom or put in non-phantom invisiprims inside them to represent where the tree would be - sculpt maps are wonky when turned non-phantom.
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:36 am

Well if you look at the poll (and the one I posted on the other forum) it appears that about 75% believes that the 15% difference on the GM meter isn't high enough.

Last time I checked the "mass" of the voting centered around 75% more damage taken for women. Which basically would mean that females would take 70% damage from a melee swing, 35% from an arrow hit or 26% from splash damage.

I personally only would find this setting to make sense in gorean settlements, cities, torvie villages etc. as it to me would open the possibility of saying: "Okay gone with the OOC safety net that panthers can't charge our walls anymore. If they're crazy enough let them try." But for that personally I'd put the damage difference even higher, I'm one of the people who voted 2000% myself, with merely the above as reasoning.

There'll forever be the implication in captive of Gor for me that Verna MIGHT have rescued her captured bandmembers out of Ar, by use of stealth. And when I read that I think of having shot a handful of guards in the back of the neck in the dark of night with a few well-placed arrows and sneaking around to get her sisters freed out of the biggest, most well-guarded city in Gor.

Return to “Meters”