GM meter: A more BtB male / female difference

What would a better difference in gender strength be on the GM meter?

1. None. Man and woman should have equal chance of winning in combat over eachother.
6%
1. None. Man and woman should have equal chance of winning in combat over eachother.
6%
2. It's fine the way it is. 15%.
6%
2. It's fine the way it is. 15%.
6%
3. 30% (4-5 meleeswings to take out a woman, 5-6 to take out a man)
6%
3. 30% (4-5 meleeswings to take out a woman, 5-6 to take out a man)
6%
4. 60% (4 melee swings to take out a woman, 5-6 to take out a man)
12%
4. 60% (4 melee swings to take out a woman, 5-6 to take out a man)
12%
5. 100% (3 melee swings to take out a woman)
4%
5. 100% (3 melee swings to take out a woman)
4%
6. 200% (2 melee swings to take out a woman)
2%
6. 200% (2 melee swings to take out a woman)
2%
7. 500% (1 melee swing to take out a woman or 2 arrowhits)
10%
7. 500% (1 melee swing to take out a woman or 2 arrowhits)
10%
8. 2000% (1 melee swing or 1 splash hit to take out a woman)
6%
8. 2000% (1 melee swing or 1 splash hit to take out a woman)
6%

Total votes: 52
Sinswo
SL Name: Aleksandr String
AkA: Sinswo

Re: GM meter: A more BtB male / female difference

Postby Sinswo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:40 am

Victor. wrote:1. People enjoying Gor RP should refrain from using the Gorean Meter and instead play text-based combat only because "most women" in Gor don't want to play Gor but Medieval RP but suffer the theme for lack of other RP communities?

2. And I love how you idly stamp everyone enjoying BDSM as a-normal. I'll try to say that as tenderly as possible: You're playing SL, per definition, that makes you a creep - so you might be more careful with chucking them rocks around...glass houses and such.

3. Besides - what Medieval times are you playing for women to have any word in any matters other than how they arrange their table decoration? :geek:

1. About removing meters. We are dicussing btb part of gor of course.
What for do BTB need meter? To fight each others? Ok. Men need meters to fight for something. But women don't need because they could be killed by "one swing" as BTB men want. So how about just to come to woman and say "i take you down with my fist and you are mine now". And if she is in btb sim she should agree with rules and of course she likes this path of roleplaying.
Just ask why WoW, Lineage or other mmorpg don't have differences beween males and females? it's called "gameplay", "game-balance", "all players should have equal terms to enjoy a game"

2.It's called "become personal")) Yes i'm playing in sl trying to entertain myself here but i don't live here like most of creeps here. Thatswhy i vote for equal damage for men and women. I don't have butthurt about "wman could be better than me".
And why did you skip the sentence about Red Caste? Answer me, would "real gorean man" ask gorean gods to make women weaker? It's a problem of sl gor )) because some men think if they wear red cloak they become real men but staing "creeps" (as you said) in RL. I'm not wearing red cloak and i don't cry "cheater" when woman beat me. And i prefer to train in bows with better shooter (women as usualy). and i use women's sword while training melee with women, if i'm better in melee ofcourse.

3. Ahah. Yes. But we are in game and not in real medieval times. Girls have other mind now. But yes somebody of them wants to feel like "real woman" from past years (centuries) and they come to gor rp for it too and become slaves or FW of yarl or etc. But what about others? Let's kick them out from gor to other rp? ))) Just because they don't want to be male's slaves? ))

And yes I think BDSM is abnormal. But my thoughts about it are not aggressive. I think anybody can enjoy from any activities if it's not illegal. And i have many friends in sl that like bdsm theme.
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Re: GM meter: A more BtB male / female difference

Postby Victor. » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:18 am

Sinswo wrote:
Victor. wrote:1. People enjoying Gor RP should refrain from using the Gorean Meter and instead play text-based combat only because "most women" in Gor don't want to play Gor but Medieval RP but suffer the theme for lack of other RP communities?

2. And I love how you idly stamp everyone enjoying BDSM as a-normal. I'll try to say that as tenderly as possible: You're playing SL, per definition, that makes you a creep - so you might be more careful with chucking them rocks around...glass houses and such.

3. Besides - what Medieval times are you playing for women to have any word in any matters other than how they arrange their table decoration? :geek:

1. About removing meters. We are dicussing btb part of gor of course.
What for do BTB need meter? To fight each others? Ok. Men need meters to fight for something. But women don't need because they could be killed by "one swing" as BTB men want. So how about just to come to woman and say "i take you down with my fist and you are mine now". And if she is in btb sim she should agree with rules and of course she likes this path of roleplaying.
Just ask why WoW, Lineage or other mmorpg don't have differences beween males and females? it's called "gameplay", "game-balance", "all players should have equal terms to enjoy a game"

2.It's called "become personal")) Yes i'm playing in sl trying to entertain myself here but i don't live here like most of creeps here. Thatswhy i vote for equal damage for men and women. I don't have butthurt about "wman could be better than me".
And why did you skip the sentence about Red Caste? Answer me, would "real gorean man" ask gorean gods to make women weaker? It's a problem of sl gor )) because some men think if they wear red cloak they become real men but staing "creeps" (as you said) in RL. I'm not wearing red cloak and i don't cry "cheater" when woman beat me. And i prefer to train in bows with better shooter (women as usualy). and i use women's sword while training melee with women, if i'm better in melee ofcourse.

3. Ahah. Yes. But we are in game and not in real medieval times. Girls have other mind now. But yes somebody of them wants to feel like "real woman" from past years (centuries) and they come to gor rp for it too and become slaves or FW of yarl or etc. But what about others? Let's kick them out from gor to other rp? ))) Just because they don't want to be male's slaves? ))

And yes I think BDSM is abnormal. But my thoughts about it are not aggressive. I think anybody can enjoy from any activities if it's not illegal. And i have many friends in sl that like bdsm theme.

1. I'll keep that brief because it actually doesn't require many words: Nothing and absolutely no-damn-thing in Gor should be about EQUALITY. For a lot of people that's a major point of its appeal. It's all about it NOT being equal grounds for everyone.

Men / Women
Master / Slave
High Caste / Peasant
An Empire / A Village

It's survival of the fittest with terribly canted measures, if you like.

2. For some it's about Roleplay. They want to play a Gorean Warrior because they enjoy the philosophy behind it or simply to play a martial character while they are god knows what in RL - doesn't matter. Now you tell that guy who's 60 years old and never in his life cared much about video games - that he can't play the role of a Warrior because his clicking isn't up-to-bar. Seems a bit unfair no? It's SL after all, most people come here to do what they CAN'T in RL or to plunge into a world that has only existed in their fantasies for so long.

Telling some guy he can't play the role he likes because he's past his zenith in terms of reflexes or SIMPLY DOESN'T WANT to bother with the whole meter mechanic - seems skewed.

3. And honestly? Yeah. Keep those who like the epoch they are playing in - or in Gor's case, the artificial parallel world of Greco-Roman/Norse/what-not eras with a tinge of Sci-Fi and BDSM.

I never got how people who don't really enjoy the theme, would stay in SL-Gor and force it to be something that fits their own needs, but doesn't do the theme any good. Why don't people just open up a fantasy sim, dub it god knows what, and enjoy their equal combat opportunities and roleplay stories that way? Why do they insist that what they do is GOR, while they stray so far from the path of it, they don't see their own tracks any more?

PS.: Just to clarify again - I am not arguing that there should be some ridiculous 200% or what not modifier for men in combat versus women. But the post begs to discuss the whole plausibility of complaining about unequal ground for people within Gor.
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer

Return to “Meters”