GM Meter death and resetting--admin only or individual?

Should meter resets resulting from death be made a server admin only option?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:55 pm

Yes, too many people cheat by self-resurrecting.
13%
Yes, too many people cheat by self-resurrecting.
13%
No, let people govern themselves.
23%
No, let people govern themselves.
23%
I don't care either way.
14%
I don't care either way.
14%

Total votes: 56
Claude Belgar
SL Name: Claude Belgar
Role: Trader… sort of…
Home Stone: Twin Falls
Owner: None… I think.
Location: Looking down at the idiocy of Kaitlin and Sasi, among others

Re: GM Meter death and resetting--admin only or individual?

Postby Claude Belgar » Thu May 19, 2011 5:15 am

Black Caste Assassin wrote:So...if raiders came to your camp in the woods, and you killed one of them, if he just reset his meter and said "it isn't worth it to me" you'd be ok with that?

So… if I killed you, while using no meter so I'll be safe, without any RP, and then just left, leaving you with no way to reset and no admin present, you'd be ok with that ?

Come on BCA, you started this thread with a genuine question, but now you are only making a fool of yourself.
"when all the books show that Gorean seldom change of home stone."Sasi.

"I have never said that the books stated that Gorean seldom change of homestone."Sasi.

Sasi caught lying between her teeth.
NoneSpecified

Re: GM Meter death and resetting--admin only or individual?

Postby NoneSpecified » Thu May 19, 2011 6:35 am

Claude Belgar wrote:
Black Caste Assassin wrote:So...if raiders came to your camp in the woods, and you killed one of them, if he just reset his meter and said "it isn't worth it to me" you'd be ok with that?

So… if I killed you, while using no meter so I'll be safe, without any RP, and then just left, leaving you with no way to reset and no admin present, you'd be ok with that ?

Come on BCA, you started this thread with a genuine question, but now you are only making a fool of yourself.

If a meteor came crashing down from the sky... :roll:

Plus, we already covered this on page 3:

http://www.goreanforums.net/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4993&start=20

Anyways, I think the thread served its purpose. People weighed in on the topic, most had good points, and insults were kept to a minimum. Victory! The poll will be open for 14 days and you can change your vote if you like. Please keep in mind that this is not a discussion on perma-death just on meter death. Thanks!

Return to “Meters”