Tarn Combat: the Good, the Bad, the Ugly

Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Re: Tarn Combat: the Good, the Bad, the Ugly

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:38 am

Glaucon wrote:This may be the exact problem mentioned here. In terms of lore and realism, a single solo warrior on a tarn downing an entire city, or even a group of warriors, just isn't really how things should be.

Has little to do with the tarn in my opinion. And probably one of the reasons why meter combat rarely goes anywhere storyline wise. People tend to RP ban those who they feel they stand no chance against. People -really- want the outcome of RP dice, so everyone has a chance of winning and losing sometimes, even if they will deny it.
Adoveea Rau
SL Name: Adoveea Rau
Caste: Builder
AkA: Lady

Re: Tarn Combat: the Good, the Bad, the Ugly

Postby Adoveea Rau » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:07 am

I've seen more solo warriors on the ground with a sword or bow pwn an entire city thoughout the years then I've ever seen a tarnsman solo pwnd a whole city.

Its easier, defenders come running out to attack you and you just slaughter them, they make a very nice downed pileup in that area and then bind them all (play the lord of rings track at this one point, with dark background voice going "one rope to bind them all...") Pick and choose who you want to drag home.

Solo tarnsman landing to bind the defenders, runs out of time, those defenders were spread out everywhere over a city shooting at your tarn. And blast it, they're being aided and popping up again and shooting your landed tarn!
Grab your screaming prize and leave, just like the books.
Reputation is what others know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself.

Return to “Meters”