Killer kitchenware

What damage should a hefty skillet and or rolling pin do in gorean meter?

Club/pickaxe damage. It's just as lethal as any other similiar tool and it's not cheating
15%
Club/pickaxe damage. It's just as lethal as any other similiar tool and it's not cheating
15%
Slave or other lesser damage. Women and bakers shouldn't have the ability to effectively fight back
18%
Slave or other lesser damage. Women and bakers shouldn't have the ability to effectively fight back
18%
Slave or other lesser damage. Keeps it as more a fun toy or RP aid than a viable weapon.
10%
Slave or other lesser damage. Keeps it as more a fun toy or RP aid than a viable weapon.
10%
Hybrid damage. Script a type switch to let the end user decide.
5%
Hybrid damage. Script a type switch to let the end user decide.
5%
Other which I shall politely post below.
3%
Other which I shall politely post below.
3%
Make it cheap and make it cheat. tis funny. XD
No votes
Make it cheap and make it cheat. tis funny. XD
No votes

Total votes: 40
Sidney
SL Name: Sid

Re: Killer kitchenware

Postby Sidney » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:21 pm

Carter wrote:FGS.. now we have lara croft dressed in FW clothing with pans and brushes charging around the place huh :ohgawd:

make a brush too that flies and we can re-enact scenes from Bewitched and learn to wrinkle our noses..

where does this silliness stop

Don't know, but I can tell you when the silliness started. 1966, when weak earth male lost out to a female in some unknown, unnamed academic contest. Others have made asses of them selves as late as a few hours ago by taking the dumbest possible crap ever published seriously.

BTW: I googled Tarnsman to come up with that date. I'm relieved to report that it is now classified by ebooks as 'fantasy.' As a Science Fiction fan, I'm glad to see that even the 'anything for a buck' publishing industry has moved it to the ghetto where it belongs.
Rhubardin
SL Name: Rhubardin Fluffball

Postby Rhubardin » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:39 pm

Just remember folks, for everytime you hit the mute option, a troll loses his voice.

Now ignoring the shortcarted one's opinion so far only blue has piped in with a nay to the idea of it doing pickaxe damage types, or...he might have. So far it looks like my idea to have it be 'flippable' will satisfy a lot more folks but the issue of course is, would some see this as cheating?

Any sim mods want to chime in on their opinion of weapons being able to change their damage types? Even if it's only from pickaxe to a much lower type with meter legal specs at all times do you see this as a potential problem you do not want to have to moderate?
I am an opionated artist, not a typist or english professor. So, excuse my typos and the occasional mispelling. Also yes, sometimes I will say weird things you need to google to figure out.
Blue Conover

Postby Blue Conover » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:25 pm

Stephania Vuckovic wrote:I used to teach women's self defence... anything can be used as a weapon

I took 1 year of judo two years of karate and my dad trained me for a year

your point?

for everyone saying that "OMG if i got hit by a cast iron pan id so do damage!"

One nice stab with a sword would kill you if we were being realistic.
Sidney

Postby Sidney » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:57 pm

Blue Conover wrote:
Stephania Vuckovic wrote:I used to teach women's self defence... anything can be used as a weapon

I took 1 year of judo two years of karate and my dad trained me for a year

your point?

for everyone saying that "OMG if i got hit by a cast iron pan id so do damage!"

One nice stab with a sword would kill you if we were being realistic.

Good point. One arrow too. But you are right, I dosen't really have to be realistic. I change my answers, it should be no more damage than slave rocks and sticks.
Rhubardin

Postby Rhubardin » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:16 am

Except sticks and rocks can be lethal as well. Or at the least they can stun a heroic sort long enough to let someone open up his throat. General Pyrrhos of Epirus is perhaps the most famous example of someone important getting pwned by common housing implements. Done by an untrained woman no less.

I think, realism isn't enough justification for making it purely a gag tool. It's obviously important and can not be blithely ignored, even though every 'popular and legal' weapon out there does just that. Also I doubt Alika is going to add an improvised weapon type to her meter anytime. Though that would be kind of nifty.

Let's also not forget that even Tarlman must be warey of the frieing pan. Or at least the purer gorean one, unburdened as it is by the sick and weakening compromises of earth skillets. Also, made of cast iron and swung by someone very cheesed off.

So, realism sets some ideas down, but there's little reason to use it as the be all and end all until everything else does to. It certainly isn't to maintain a consistensy with what's already commonly used by pwnjas.

That being said, obviously I have some reservations about making it as 'good' as a 'legal' sword or axe. SO don't think I am simply dismissing this all out of hand. :P

Hrmm new idea...throwable roof tiles for free women. :shock:
I am an opionated artist, not a typist or english professor. So, excuse my typos and the occasional mispelling. Also yes, sometimes I will say weird things you need to google to figure out.
Stephania Vuckovic
SL Name: Ania
Caste: Rencer
Role: Meh's Woman
Home Stone: Port Kar

Postby Stephania Vuckovic » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:53 am

:lol: roof tiles

well hun these are what I carry on me almost all the time
Dagger (only scripted weapon I carry), wire garrote, posion vile, capped teeth with posion

and in the last two years I only had to draw 3 times my dagger and that was in one week when some reason Port Kar was being attacked allot. It's calmed down and I have been happy to stick to my business.

Now if someone would accept the bite RP to an instant Kill I would be happy mostly because I really hate the captive RP unless it's a planed thing story line..... but I would love to see one time use teeth :drool:
Allison Millet
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf

Postby Allison Millet » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:44 am

a silly twit tied me down to a chair today and then straddled my waist doing the whole evil bad guy ima talk and tell you my plans routine so I headbutted her in mid stride and she actually rp'ed having it break her nose, I was impressed up to the point where she then in retilation branded my left breast >_> <_< :facepalm:
Hockey Stick!
Rhubardin

Postby Rhubardin » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:25 pm

Okay new line of inquiry, if we remove the question of gender from the equation does this change what the accpetable level of damage is?

Or if we change the user to a man, does this change the potential for lethal effects to an immense degree? Remember, this is just as useable by bakers as it is scaredy mcfreewoman.
Sidney

Postby Sidney » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:40 pm

Doesn't change my answer, though if I could pick up a 40% sword, I have no Idea why I'd use a pan. Still, he could have been downed, stripped of weapons, the recovered in reach of the pan... But is suspect the 'clangee' of a pan head shot wouldn't give a damn about the gender of the 'clanger.' But I have trouble thinking Gorean. Maybe a man should do a few more points of damage. But it still shouldn't be much.
Blue Conover

Postby Blue Conover » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:03 pm

Sidney wrote:Doesn't change my answer, though if I could pick up a 40% sword, I have no Idea why I'd use a pan. Still, he could have been downed, stripped of weapons, the recovered in reach of the pan... But is suspect the 'clangee' of a pan head shot wouldn't give a damn about the gender of the 'clanger.' But I have trouble thinking Gorean. Maybe a man should do a few more points of damage. But it still shouldn't be much.

agreed

Return to “Weapons”