Sims Police Weapons not Weapon Makers

Is it solely up to a sim to police weapon's?

Yes
24%
Yes
24%
No - It's up to a Weapon Maker too
2%
No - It's up to a Weapon Maker too
2%
No - It's up to a meter makers
2%
No - It's up to a meter makers
2%
No - It's up to Weapon Makers Only
No votes
No - It's up to Weapon Makers Only
No votes
No - It's up to Weapon Makers / Meter Makers / Sims in a Collaborated effort
19%
No - It's up to Weapon Makers / Meter Makers / Sims in a Collaborated effort
19%
No - It's Down to meter makers and weapon Makers Sims have enough work to do
No votes
No - It's Down to meter makers and weapon Makers Sims have enough work to do
No votes
Other - Please Explain
4%
Other - Please Explain
4%

Total votes: 54
Blue Conover

Re: Sims Police Weapons not Weapon Makers

Postby Blue Conover » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:57 am

Gabi wrote:
That 825482349234 was the list of weapons makers who complied with the GM specs not the weapons themselves ;) However, we did exactly as you suggested. We narrowed it down took a few large, a few not so large and a few smaller weapons makers and they are the only ones with approval here. Some are approved for all their weapons some only bows or melee.

It has reduced the workload by a heap shame people cant read though, as in read the approved list...but there never has been any accounting for idiots!

Its one of the reasons I don't wear weapons to thentis period :-/ it's rather amusing. A warrior going to a city entirely weaponless.
Blue Conover

Postby Blue Conover » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:59 am

HorizonNinetails wrote:The lesson? Weapon makers can do whatever the hell they like...it will always come down to the sim owners and mods about deciding the environment they want for RP. Weapons makers can do whatever they like...they can make hammers the size of Chron Minotaur's penis! (huge...its like he's always mounted on a tarn I swear)...but to risk being removed from approved weapons lists means a lot of lost profits when people finally go "ok...thats just too stupid" and take them from the list.

Unfortunately there are some makers totally immune from this, or that wide spread that they really dont give a shit if one sim says no, or two sims, or three sims. because there are 100's others that will allow them because they really dont have any idea on testing weapons entails. They just copy their list from another sim's and dont update, check, or maintain the list at all.
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Postby HorizonNinetails » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:05 am

Thats not true. IPWN likely were the biggest bow makers as of late and likely had the highest sales. People called them out for having long range arrows that were too fast. His weapons were banned on sims they used to be available on and after his sales were threatened (I can only guess) his bow was updated to conform with standards.

As for not carrying any weapons into Thentis, you could wear a sheath and no weapons into Thentis and challenge people to RP fights.
Rhubardin
SL Name: Rhubardin Fluffball

Postby Rhubardin » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:13 am

Well in some cases Blue is correct. Way way back in the day, when there were like a whole six people making bows, the 'standard' was one arrow at 1.2 seconds a shot. Or this was what Navar, maker of the most popular and spikey bow at the time, used. However, along came his first real rival with spikey bows of his own and lo and behold we got arrows shooting as fast as twice a second becuase they were 'short range'.

I'll give you three chances to guess how fast these new 'short range' arrows became that standard we use today.

And once the pwn bullies got that accepted as 'legal' there wasn't much anyone could do but accept it, or watch their sales die. Hamtaro help you if you even tried to ban bows, or use a system that didn't use this...standard.
I am an opionated artist, not a typist or english professor. So, excuse my typos and the occasional mispelling. Also yes, sometimes I will say weird things you need to google to figure out.
Xaz
SL Name: Xaz Elephas
Caste: Black
Role: Master Assassin

Postby Xaz » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:03 pm

I wish weapons maker did take responsiblity to police there weapons but my experince is they are in it to make money. Its a bussiness for them. It has fallen to the sim owners to have to police these weapons to make sure they are fair. Recent experince with the G4 bow has put a bad taste in my mouth on weapons makers. I spent 700l only to have this bow banned in sims in Gor because it is hackable. Did the maker send out a notice and a update weapon to fix this? No, the sim admin who approves/bans weapons had to do it. So that right there tells you who is policing weapons. :thumbdown:
The difference between Tactics and Strategy?
Tactics is showing Dracula a cross to drive him off.
Strategy is making the cross out of Kryptonite so you can drive off both Dracula and Superman.
Victor.
SL Name: Victor Klavinham
Role: Mister Internet
Home Stone: SalernuM
Owner: V for VESSEL

Postby Victor. » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:07 pm

Xaz wrote:I wish weapons maker did take responsiblity to police there weapons but my experince is they are in it to make money. Its a bussiness for them. It has fallen to the sim owners to have to police these weapons to make sure they are fair. Recent experince with the G4 bow has put a bad taste in my mouth on weapons makers. I spent 700l only to have this bow banned in sims in Gor because it is hackable. Did the maker send out a notice and a update weapon to fix this? No, the sim admin who approves/bans weapons had to do it. So that right there tells you who is policing weapons. :thumbdown:

Wasn't that the one who put a prize out to people who can hack his bow? :o
Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft. // Jealousy is a passion, seeking zealously what causes suffering. Franz Grillparzer
Xaz
SL Name: Xaz Elephas
Caste: Black
Role: Master Assassin

Postby Xaz » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:07 pm

Victor. wrote:
Xaz wrote:I wish weapons maker did take responsiblity to police there weapons but my experince is they are in it to make money. Its a bussiness for them. It has fallen to the sim owners to have to police these weapons to make sure they are fair. Recent experince with the G4 bow has put a bad taste in my mouth on weapons makers. I spent 700l only to have this bow banned in sims in Gor because it is hackable. Did the maker send out a notice and a update weapon to fix this? No, the sim admin who approves/bans weapons had to do it. So that right there tells you who is policing weapons. :thumbdown:

Wasn't that the one who put a prize out to people who can hack his bow? :o

yeah something like 1 million credits but that was on the old forums that I don't think were archived. I do plan to ask them for my 700l back though. I mean I buy a bow I can't use. wtf
The difference between Tactics and Strategy?
Tactics is showing Dracula a cross to drive him off.
Strategy is making the cross out of Kryptonite so you can drive off both Dracula and Superman.
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Postby HorizonNinetails » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:41 am

Xaz...the bow was made the same as every other bow out there with no mod sealed scripts.

People didn't have a clue what to think of having mod prims on a bow and said "I can put a bunch of cheat scripts within the prims of the bow" and said it was hackable.

They didn't have a clue what they were talking about, because you can put arrows inside of a hud while wearing a legal bow and do the exact same thing...with ANY bow.

The reason why the G4 got banned was because people claimed they hacked it, when they really didn't, and a bunch of sim owners pissed themselves. Old argument...

To be honest tho, G3 AC is much better than the G4. IMHO.

G5 is in the works as well.

But yea, people suffer...I love my AC bow but there are sims I can't use it on.

Wanna know the funny part tho Xaz? This is a really good one: There is a bow out there with the same sealed scripts as your 700l bow put out by a completely different person (not just avi, but a completely different man) but the same sims that had banned AC didn't ban the other bow maker. Until I heard the familiar arrow "tisk" sound and saw it myself I didn't believe it; people ban stuff out of fear even more quickly than actually being illegal.
Sidney
SL Name: Sid

Postby Sidney » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:20 am

It simply can't be up to the weapon makers. Nobody agrees on anything in world. You can't make a weapon everyone will agree on. So, they have to make what the make and let it be banned or not banned.
Blue Conover

Postby Blue Conover » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:09 pm

HorizonNinetails wrote:
Wanna know the funny part tho Xaz? This is a really good one: There is a bow out there with the same sealed scripts as your 700l bow put out by a completely different person (not just avi, but a completely different man) but the same sims that had banned AC didn't ban the other bow maker. Until I heard the familiar arrow "tisk" sound and saw it myself I didn't believe it; people ban stuff out of fear even more quickly than actually being illegal.

That's the problem with Sim policing. Most of the time they are copying lists from other sims. Alot of the time they are political (I don't like xyz so im not allowing it) and rarely is it about being "legal"

Return to “Weapons”