Sims Police Weapons not Weapon Makers

Is it solely up to a sim to police weapon's?

Yes
24%
Yes
24%
No - It's up to a Weapon Maker too
2%
No - It's up to a Weapon Maker too
2%
No - It's up to a meter makers
2%
No - It's up to a meter makers
2%
No - It's up to Weapon Makers Only
No votes
No - It's up to Weapon Makers Only
No votes
No - It's up to Weapon Makers / Meter Makers / Sims in a Collaborated effort
19%
No - It's up to Weapon Makers / Meter Makers / Sims in a Collaborated effort
19%
No - It's Down to meter makers and weapon Makers Sims have enough work to do
No votes
No - It's Down to meter makers and weapon Makers Sims have enough work to do
No votes
Other - Please Explain
4%
Other - Please Explain
4%

Total votes: 54
Carter
SL Name: ***

Re: Sims Police Weapons not Weapon Makers

Postby Carter » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:28 pm

Rhubardin wrote:As further demonstration I'll just ask, when was the last time you saw a guy wearing a spiked black skirt, combat boots, and tribal tats, using an Ordo Kivsungai weapon? Answer, you've likely never seen the typical pwnja using what I market, but you have seen them using what's probably popular and legal in not just your sim, but their sim as well.

So yeah, maybe a bit of an apology for lumping me in with people you have a beef with.

I think last time I saw you Rhu.. you where shooting a ballista at people about the size of the empire state building which realistically would have taken 3 panthers standing on each shoulders to use. I subesequently came across several other panthers running around with that "portable" ballista you made strapped to their backs and banned the use of it..after alot of comments about women running around looking like an mobile artillery unit...not my words btw.

I also remember your bollas that took somebody down in one hit and now your bone crusher sledge hammer for women....so again, I shall be watching for them and banning them as ridiculous weapons for women to use.

So yeah, you are part of the problem.. making unrealistic weapons for panthers and women in general and i am sure the first time I get a woman turning up with one of your supah kewl crushing weapons..either myself or one of the mods in my sim will have to stop their RP and intervene to get the poor person who bought to take it off or leave the sim..so more policing on our part :pft:
Rhubardin
SL Name: Rhubardin Fluffball

Postby Rhubardin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:58 pm

Lemme use big bold letters here. The sledgehammer wasn't made for women. I started a topic to discuss if it was feasible given the way the meter works and the style of weapons possible. If you'd stop admiring your 'goreanness' for a few moments you might have realized that. The one great weapon I have released is very much designed and advertised as purley for large men.

As for the ballistae. Never made one for sale. I do sell some rather large wooden bows, and a satirical set advertised as the golf bag of death though. Incidentally the big one ended up with its own damage type in GLM after I discussed it with Mykael.

Considering your outright lie about the bola I offer I highly doubt you've had much first hand experience with many weapons that do not appear to be made for the latest warcraft game. So I'll just consider your trolling for what it is. An ignorant attempt to come off as holier than thou simply because I show an interest in something other than nuke firing bows made of chrome and you don't like that.
I am an opionated artist, not a typist or english professor. So, excuse my typos and the occasional mispelling. Also yes, sometimes I will say weird things you need to google to figure out.
Allison Millet
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf

Postby Allison Millet » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:04 pm

As someone who owns almost every product Rhu makes, I can tell you all first hand its A. Some of the most realistic gorean weapons Ive seen or used. B. Every single piece has always fell within the standards set by gorean limits. C. Comparing her prices to others she's barely gotta be making enough to pay her vendor fee's, especially to the numerous discounts she gives out to roleplaying groups. She's not even in the same tribe as me anymore but still gives us a heck of a discount. Oh and you seriously have no idea what your talking about pertaining to the bola's because they've never been one hit kills and are one of the fairest sets Ive seen in all of SL.
Hockey Stick!
Carter
SL Name: ***

Postby Carter » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:26 pm

Rhubardin wrote:Lemme use big bold letters here. The sledgehammer wasn't made for women. I started a topic to discuss if it was feasible given the way the meter works and the style of weapons possible. If you'd stop admiring your 'goreanness' for a few moments you might have realized that. The one great weapon I have released is very much designed and advertised as purley for large men.

As for the ballistae. Never made one for sale. I do sell some rather large wooden bows, and a satirical set advertised as the golf bag of death though. Incidentally the big one ended up with its own damage type in GLM after I discussed it with Mykael.

Considering your outright lie about the bola I offer I highly doubt you've had much first hand experience with many weapons that do not appear to be made for the latest warcraft game. So I'll just consider your trolling for what it is. An ignorant attempt to come off as holier than thou simply because I show an interest in something other than nuke firing bows made of chrome and you don't like that.

Your bone crushing hammer post was titled "Great (Damage) Weapons for women"... your poll title was "Is there room for a Great weapon sized for women or smaller bodies".. ermm another attempt to create something inappropriate for women.

And your bollas you created and justified ay length over 18 months ago was used in nothern woods,, as well as your super huge ballista that you used to stand on the hills looking like some surface to air missile commando..

So, enough of the comments and accusations of Trolling.. make weapons that dont require me and others to waste our time monitoring and policing.

if you want to make bone crushing uzi bazooka style weapons.. continue, but dont justify them as gorean in theme and then not expect people like me who waste my time banning them to comment.
Rhubardin

Postby Rhubardin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:40 pm

Your sim your rules. If you want to say katanas are more gorean than gladiuses, then that's your call. If you want to say no panthers that's your call (Incidentally you indicate you permit them there....somehow you must be very far north and in the middle of noewhere).

If you want to say only chrome can be used for gorean weapons because wood isn't a feasible building material, that's also your call. Which, is what you're saying if you are in anyway implieing every single item I offer is somehow unfit for use by anyone within the setting. But, last time I checked, panthers used clubs, made of wood......huh, but that's not right according to you.

Again, you're displaying a pretty large ignorance of the items in question. It makes me have to ask, whom you consider to produce items 'pure' enough for your use and why you permit women in your sim at all.

It also brings into question why you're trieing to single out one of the few weapon makers who's publically shown that she gives a damn and has done so for years.
I am an opionated artist, not a typist or english professor. So, excuse my typos and the occasional mispelling. Also yes, sometimes I will say weird things you need to google to figure out.
Allison Millet
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf

Postby Allison Millet » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:44 pm

You musta shot him off his tarn once Rhu -snickers-
Hockey Stick!
Rhubardin

Postby Rhubardin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:51 pm

Well, it was probably back when tarns were invulnerable attack gunships that they could fire down from without being hit in kind. That's what led to the 'tarn clipper' arrows, which eventually ended up as its own type of arrow in GLM, and was the reason I made such big bows. Morons want to abuse the setting, so a solution was found.

AS for the mobile artillery sets. Back when those were made swiss army bows were just coming onto the scene. Two certain people who shall not be named began making bows that fired faster, farther, and did more than before. It led to alll kinds of stupidity as 'short range' arrows began dominating every act of pew pew, and fortress walls became mere playgrounds for gorean spider men.

So, I said 'why have one stupid bow that does everything when I can have three semi realistic bows on one quiver!' So there you go, instead of a bow that could fire like three others, we had three bows carried as one set. Again, abuse, solution. Or in this case, satire.

Oh, and those bows got split up into their own sets as well, and many of the customers who bought the first ones got those for free so they didn't have to worry about getting a second weapon if their 'silly' one wasn't allowed. Darn, my money grubbing ways.
Sidney
SL Name: Sid

Postby Sidney » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:00 pm

Rhubardin:

If you have already made the weapon then it's done. Just release it and let those who want to ban it do so. If you are really troubled by this (God only knows why you would be, but if you are) then put DCS2 scripts in it, or some other meter. I would not throw away a lot of hard work because some sims don't want it.

I'm not promising a sale, since I don't really use any weapon other than a bow (I have a spear and dagger, but if I get in a situation that is melee only, I pretty much just accept the fact that I will lose and move on with my life.) But I think people will buy it. It's cool.
Rhubardin

Postby Rhubardin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:09 pm

Oh it's not about the sledge I don't think. I said that this matter of policing is a collaborative effort, and Carter here seems to wish to denigrate everything I've done.

AS soemone who's spent years either playing catchup with the 'legal' crap, or simply enjoying being innovative without working to be overpowered I find the accusations and outright lies to be incredibly, annoying.

Being accused of purposely making cheating gear that has no place in the setting is really not something any honest weapon producer can stand.
E. Edward Gray
SL Name: Mr. Resident
Role: Back in the Game

Postby E. Edward Gray » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:33 pm

Being accused when it's a baseless accusation is a small issue Rhu, don't give it anymore thought. As we agree, when someone tries to tell people what to do and they aren't the sim owner the only rational answer is to tell them to get fucked.

Now.. Gabi had a few good points.

Regarding the meter policing it, I think the GLM meter did do a lot of that work and it was a great meter.. The only issue was that a major member of the admin team was not suited for general population. Where as the GM meter is far more popular and it's widely accepted that Alika is a tireless sport about helping people out.

Gabi you had mentioned the 20492092384098234 different weapons makers and bows, and I agree I wouldn't want the job of policing them all. Talk about a drag, so why not just list the weapons makers that are allowed.

There doesn't have to be 145 different makers with 494949349487394 different bows.

Give me 5 or 6 choices and that's all the more we need.

I think waiting to find out a bow is shooting 10 arrows at once with heat seeking and laser tracking, is pointless and reactive.

Once the damage from a cheat weapon it's nothing but heart ache and annoyance.

I say be proactive and just state, "I allow the use of weapons from person x,y,z,tarl,yo mom." Nothing else is allowed on the sim.

That is taking the bull by the horns..

In fact if you wanted to make a few bucks take it one step further, tell potential weapons makers that for 1000 lindens they can petition to have their weapons allowed on the sim.

Or even once step further then that.. Allow weapons makers to produce sim exclusive weapons, that are sold only on sim with 15% or 20% of the sale going to the cost of the sim.

THAT is being in charge of what happens.
I'm not happy unless you're not happy..

Return to “Weapons”