Sims Police Weapons not Weapon Makers

Is it solely up to a sim to police weapon's?

Yes
24%
Yes
24%
No - It's up to a Weapon Maker too
2%
No - It's up to a Weapon Maker too
2%
No - It's up to a meter makers
2%
No - It's up to a meter makers
2%
No - It's up to Weapon Makers Only
No votes
No - It's up to Weapon Makers Only
No votes
No - It's up to Weapon Makers / Meter Makers / Sims in a Collaborated effort
19%
No - It's up to Weapon Makers / Meter Makers / Sims in a Collaborated effort
19%
No - It's Down to meter makers and weapon Makers Sims have enough work to do
No votes
No - It's Down to meter makers and weapon Makers Sims have enough work to do
No votes
Other - Please Explain
4%
Other - Please Explain
4%

Total votes: 54
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Re: Sims Police Weapons not Weapon Makers

Postby HorizonNinetails » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:33 pm

I already addressed that.

Sim policing has downsides, but weapons makers can chose to put out illegal weapons. If they're illegal, and they get found out then that maker risks being banned. All yer bows are gone, so if you wanna risk that in buying it...

AC is sort of an odd case where legit bows got banned. But for the most part, the capitalist system works out better than hoping that weapons makers are going to be making completely legal weapons.

If weapons makers were trusted to police themselves and we didn't have weapons lists for sims...how long do you think it would be until weapons makers would start cutting corners? One maker had a faster long arrow that legal and it sold like crazy...the only reason why the weapon was adjusted back to standards was because sims said "GTFO"

If we hold weapons makers to make nothing but legal weapons, then isn't it more down to people using the weapons to be responsible and use weapons that are legal?
Rhubardin
SL Name: Rhubardin Fluffball

Postby Rhubardin » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:30 pm

Blue Conover wrote:
HorizonNinetails wrote:
Wanna know the funny part tho Xaz? This is a really good one: There is a bow out there with the same sealed scripts as your 700l bow put out by a completely different person (not just avi, but a completely different man) but the same sims that had banned AC didn't ban the other bow maker. Until I heard the familiar arrow "tisk" sound and saw it myself I didn't believe it; people ban stuff out of fear even more quickly than actually being illegal.

That's the problem with Sim policing. Most of the time they are copying lists from other sims. Alot of the time they are political (I don't like xyz so im not allowing it) and rarely is it about being "legal"

QFT there Blue I've honestly never been given a good reason as to why stuff I produce is banned and or not on 'the list'.

I usually get one of two reasons when I bother asking about it. One that I usually get is "Well this sim didn't allow it but they did allow this, so you're stuff isn't gorean" Which...is such a load of bull we could fertilize the world.

The other you've seen evidence of if you've followed this thread, some spike boi doesn't get his way and just arbitrarily decides that no matter how hipocritical it is, that whatever one person uses, is just to stupid to exist. Thankfully with the exception of a certain cabbage head this is fairly rare. In fact, aside from that guy, only one person has done much the same. A friend of mine had bolas banned in the sim she lives in, because I kept managing to run away from her by using them. XD

In the end though this is all why I am of the mind that no singular person and or group should be held soley responsible for cheating or 'to good' equipment. It's a community issue, so we're all to blame for it to some extent.
I am an opionated artist, not a typist or english professor. So, excuse my typos and the occasional mispelling. Also yes, sometimes I will say weird things you need to google to figure out.
Mehrunes Unsworth
SL Name: Mehrunes Unsworth

Postby Mehrunes Unsworth » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:41 pm

there are some conflicts of interest with around the weapons market and those allowed weapons lists. They are used to drift the money towards preferred people, my suggestion would be to befriend whoever makes those list or get shut out of the market.

The weapons selling thing has never been a level playing field, it always has this kind of sketchy shit going on and people trying to find ways to pick winners based on anything but the merits of the actual products being compared to each other.

Return to “Weapons”