Yes, so long as it's not a sword,axe or other martial weapon
6%
Yes, so long as it's not a sword,axe or other martial weapon
6%
No, not even if it's a rough club or similiar idea
23%
No, not even if it's a rough club or similiar idea
23%
Maybe, though the idea of a club scripted and then a great scripted weapon is better.
No votes
Maybe, though the idea of a club scripted and then a great scripted weapon is better.
No votes
Make it, and let the sims decide if they'll let it be used.
21%
Make it, and let the sims decide if they'll let it be used.
21%
Other that I'll post below
No votes
Other that I'll post below
No votes

Total votes: 52
Rhubardin
SL Name: Rhubardin Fluffball

Re: Great (Damage) weapons for women

Postby Rhubardin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:22 pm

Well it is now released. After the feedback here and elsewhere I decided to also include a much smaller one handed hammer of similiar design that's small enough to count as a normal club/hammer.

So, we'll see what time brings. Will this barely legal toy drown us all in hammer wielding femjas, or will they just stick with their bows and scimitars?

And yes, I'll make the kitchenware of death as some here suggested. Expect a discussion about that sometime in a few weeks.
I am an opionated artist, not a typist or english professor. So, excuse my typos and the occasional mispelling. Also yes, sometimes I will say weird things you need to google to figure out.
Ferin Myrtle
SL Name: Ferin
Caste: Red
Role: Captain
Home Stone: The Great Tahari

Postby Ferin Myrtle » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:09 am

Well if the weapons comes for Females with bigger Damageokay, but now I like to ask build a weapon for the Males with even higher Damage.
Like A Sword that give 100 damage against The Females, sorry to say this but it is needed for all the Female Warriors on gor and I dont mean panthers ore Talunas.
Rhubardin

Postby Rhubardin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:02 am

See, no one has answered that question yet. Does enhanced melee and weaker females produce less GREAT damage than for men. If so, then not only this weapon but my male specific torvie axe are still more powerful than when a woman swings a big mallet.

However there's also the fact that many popular items are just a hair faster than they might need to be, which results in a sword still being the overall better option unless the great weapon user can keep a good distance and position.

In unenhanced melee sim the item is much as I use it, a role play tool worn to show you perhaps do more than fling arrows and tie people up.
I am an opionated artist, not a typist or english professor. So, excuse my typos and the occasional mispelling. Also yes, sometimes I will say weird things you need to google to figure out.
Allison Millet
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf

Postby Allison Millet » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:23 am

Ferin Myrtle wrote:Well if the weapons comes for Females with bigger Damageokay, but now I like to ask build a weapon for the Males with even higher Damage.
Like A Sword that give 100 damage against The Females, sorry to say this but it is needed for all the Female Warriors on gor and I dont mean panthers ore Talunas.

So why only woman? Sorry to say but razor sharp steel versus flesh, sinew, muscle, irregardless wether you have a pee-pee or a V-J-J is always gona come up razor sharp steel wins.
Hockey Stick!
Rhubardin

Postby Rhubardin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:00 am

If i was to put a panther with a mallet up against a torvie berserker with a massive axe I'd lay my money on the viking wanna be every time. Remember the idea I'm going for is not to make women 'equal' or have options that are flat out ridiculous or impossible for them. What's being attempted is to expand options along reasonable lines so that there's more than just sword, knife, bow and that's all anyone ever carries.

So question is, could a woman, especially one such as a panther girl or similiar survivalist, get acess to a wooden hammer or other large bludgeon when she also can acess metal knives, arrowheads, and spears?

Second question is. Is it unreasonable to permit the occasional use of such a device? Note I don't say constant use. In this case it's like the frieing pan weapon, a killing tool of convenience, not choice.

Honestly, considering how many outlaw camps are surrounded by tree tunk spikes, they've gotta have quite a few of these puppies laying around.
Sidney
SL Name: Sid

Postby Sidney » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:53 am

Rhubardin wrote:See, no one has answered that question yet. Does enhanced melee and weaker females produce less GREAT damage than for men.

Why is that such a secret? And I'm not talking just great damage, I'm talking about the specifics of the whole 'weaker females' thing. I never know exactly what 'weaker females' means, and I don't think it's an unreasonable question. The one answer I got, from the maker, was on this forum, but it was a very vague 'the final total is calculated less.' Which made me feel like I was being scolded for asking. So the first bit of conventional wisdom I was given (that it doesn't effect damage at all, but severely restricts recovery from damage) is clearly not true (though it clearly DOES restrict recovery)

I really wanted to know because it was up for debate weather we should enable it on our sim, but there was just no data on it available and serious questions were brushed off like it was a big secret. Since we are a heavily Panther influenced sim, and since we spend plenty of time in bondage anyway, the deliberate seeming lack of specific data was enough to kill the idea of enacting it. I doubt it will be up for debate again soon, so it's one of those 'missed opportunities' issues.

So, gentlemen, if you come to our sim... You have to rely on your ACTUAL manhood, not something checked off on a server. Until I can get some clear data on it, I will never change my 'no' vote. If anyone is listening who actually has the specifics on what weaker females actually does, please post them and maybe, if it isn't as suspicious a thing as it seems now, it will be turned on in more sims.
mynx
SL Name: heatherly jewell
Role: Bond
Owner: Chaim Firehawk

Postby mynx » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:47 am

Sheraka Sirnah wrote:Go ahead

There is a huge market out there for such a thing. Advertise it to

- Gor evolved sims
- Black leather merc pirate outlaw groups
- Female mercenaries
- The Valkyrie Panther Alliance
- Any other Panther Alliance
- Bond maids
- Noobs
- Ayone else ignorant to Gor

Just don't offer it to serious Gor role players, you might impaled for that :-)

Bondmaids? I'm totally confuzzled by this statement.... Are you making a sweeping generalization that Bond maids are this unintelligent? O.o :pft:
I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
- Mark Twain
Rhubardin

Postby Rhubardin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:20 pm

Yeah it's a confusing statement. I took it as meaning she dissaproves on the ground wooden weapons are disney. ;)

Seeing as it lacks anything beyond a generall feeling of close minded elitism without any discussion to substantiate the claim as to why goreans do not have wooden mallets it's hard to figure out the poster's intentions.

Especially since we all know the NGTCGs and bondmaids far prefer automatic crossbows with chainsaw bayonets over any manner of melee weapon. :)
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Postby HorizonNinetails » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:49 pm

Not all sims have weaker females.

Many sims have stronger melee.

So in that sense, you have a big Torvie doing less damage than a panther.

We can all agree on that point. A hammer damage is less than great damage.

Ok. So normally a woman wouldnt have great damage as an option. Now transfer that idea over to weaker females.

Why would it be a question about if its realistic? The setting is made so that women are weaker...so it makes sense to up the damage?

The question makes no sense, regardless of the difference.

"Oh hey...weaker females...I'll just pull out my Hammer o'Chron Minotaur's Penis and smite these males!"

Thats the realism. As for sales...I can pretty much promise your sales will go up...I bet if someone made a hair pin that did sword damage every FW and their thrall would have one.
Rhubardin

Postby Rhubardin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:36 pm

Actually, the hair pin of the sword was made years ago, back when all we had was sword, kick, punch, and punch12.

Which was basically when every weapon, including your bare hands, were scripted for sword damage. Hell, some still are because the creators either don't care, or it sells to the NGTCGs better than 'realistic'.

Incidentally the whole realisism argument falls flat when used to argue against a weapon for meter combat. There is zero to do with realism in such situations. Don't beleive me, go get shot in the face by a dozen crossbow quarrels, see how quick you get up. Then, keep repeating the process with a gladius, a katana, a hatchet, a baseball bat, then a dirk until you get my point, or you're finally dead. If you can come back and say you made it through all of that with only a bit of rope burn...well, then I'll concede the realism angle.

Now, thematic compatibility on the other hand is something to discuss. Which is exactly what I'm doing. How is, a big mallet, different from a spear or club? Better yet, how is it more unwieldy than a bow or, a whip? all those, are permitted to panther girls, and some kinds of free women. Finally, why should a big bulky weapon be restricted to the same specifications as something 1/4 its size?

So, if a whip, a far less user friendly device, is okay why not the hammer? Obviously someone who runs around with a sledge 24/7 is missing the point, but the occasional use or even ownership of such a tool is not nesecarilly unfeasible. . Heavy yes, but not out of the realm of possibility.

As for damage. How are two people with identical meters and weapons doing different amounts of damage?

Final question, does anyone here have an issue with a man using this? Since that's obviously the primary target audience, not the female demographic under discussion here.

Return to “Weapons”