Great (Damage) weapons for women

Is there room for a Great weapon sized for women or smaller bodies

Yes, so long as it's not a sword,axe or other martial weapon
3
6%
Yes, so long as it's not a sword,axe or other martial weapon
3
6%
No, not even if it's a rough club or similiar idea
12
23%
No, not even if it's a rough club or similiar idea
12
23%
Maybe, though the idea of a club scripted and then a great scripted weapon is better.
0
No votes
Maybe, though the idea of a club scripted and then a great scripted weapon is better.
0
No votes
Make it, and let the sims decide if they'll let it be used.
11
21%
Make it, and let the sims decide if they'll let it be used.
11
21%
Other that I'll post below
0
No votes
Other that I'll post below
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 52
User avatar
HorizonNinetails
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:19 am
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Re: Great (Damage) weapons for women

Postby HorizonNinetails » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:28 am

Sword damage is reserved for swords, and most sims say (even GE) that women can't have them.

The reason is that swords are too heavy to lift, normally. *waits for quotes of slaves raising swords*

I think it would definately sell, but I don't think it really makes much sense for a woman to have something with great damage.

Thord's great weapons are the size of a man more or less...and I think they're an accurate representation of something that would do great damage. Men swing it slowly, three times slower than a sword...so I think its kinda weak to try and pass female great weapons as being realistic.

But again...SL combat is no where near realistic...and weapon makers are out to make money. *shrugs*

I voted for no.

Perhaps you can sell the weapons with a big torvie NPC man to walk behind the woman and wield the weapon? (just started a new cash cow idea for weapons makers)
User avatar
Allison Millet
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:59 pm
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Great (Damage) weapons for women

Postby Allison Millet » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:02 pm

HorizonNinetails wrote:Sword damage is reserved for swords, and most sims say (even GE) that women can't have them.

The reason is that swords are too heavy to lift, normally. *waits for quotes of slaves raising swords*



I always thoguht the reeason wasn't that we couldnt lift them, but compared to a males swordsman the strength inequility's just leave us with no chance because they can wield the blade faster, and their blows are much more heavier then ours ever could be.


Edited to add- I know of several gor evolved sims where woman are allowed, sword like weapons liek scimaers, panga's, machette's and so forth. Granted not your standard sword the Rari would use but I'd still classify something in the sword like department.
Hockey Stick!
Blue Conover
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:09 pm

Re: Great (Damage) weapons for women

Postby Blue Conover » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:10 pm

Allison Millet wrote:
HorizonNinetails wrote:Sword damage is reserved for swords, and most sims say (even GE) that women can't have them.

The reason is that swords are too heavy to lift, normally. *waits for quotes of slaves raising swords*



I always thoguht the reeason wasn't that we couldnt lift them, but compared to a males swordsman the strength inequility's just leave us with no chance because they can wield the blade faster, and their blows are much more heavier then ours ever could be.


Edited to add- I know of several gor evolved sims where woman are allowed, sword like weapons liek scimaers, panga's, machette's and so forth. Granted not your standard sword the Rari would use but I'd still classify something in the sword like department.


The main point is, What consititues a sword in your eyes? the prim work or the damage it does on the meter?
as stated, it's easy to make a dagger that does great damage, but would that be right?
Rhubardin
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:13 am
SL Name: Rhubardin Fluffball

Re: Great (Damage) weapons for women

Postby Rhubardin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:47 pm

Some quick clarifications now that I've woken up. Didn't realize this would produce such quick debate.

Anyways, here's a picture of me holding the hammer, along with a comparison of it next to the two handed, men only, axe I released last month. I apologize for any poor quality, but I'm rushing here.

Image

AS you can see, it's not a small weapon. It's the kind of thing you'd use for making fences or busting something particularly tough. It's also made of simplistic materials that could conceviably be found in the woods. The hardest bit to manufacture would be the head, and even that's just a matter of time if you have a hatchet and a need.

Now, has anyone discussed the whole weaker female's meter option in regards to the damage type?

Also, I plan to do cookware someday, but they will be club scripted as they're one handed weapons. This here though is because I have the animations to do it right, and there is a certain lack of actual two handed weapons out here.

Oh, and it meets the gorean meter specs for two handed weapons, in case I didn't post that already.
I am an opionated artist, not a typist or english professor. So, excuse my typos and the occasional mispelling. Also yes, sometimes I will say weird things you need to google to figure out.
User avatar
E. Edward Gray
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:23 pm
SL Name: Mr. Resident
Role: Back in the Game

Re: Great (Damage) weapons for women

Postby E. Edward Gray » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:10 pm

HorizonNinetails wrote:Sword damage is reserved for swords, and most sims say (even GE) that women can't have them.

The reason is that swords are too heavy to lift, normally. *waits for quotes of slaves raising swords*




Ya know..

Just a bit off topic but I WOULD love to have a final fantasy type reaction to women using swords in gorean RP..

Just a thought..

Not saying you are wrong about women using swords.. the books are pretty clear it doesn't work out well for the women.

Anyhow..

In Final Fantasy and games like that if you use the wrong weapon or the wrong attack at certain times in the game it just ko's your character right then and there..

I wouldn't mind seeing something like that in Gorean meter..

Women could use a sword and swing a sword.. but if she is hit even one time by a man while she is using a sword.. INSTANT Capture.. built right into the meter..

Oh well ..

I refuse to buy into the 12 year old boy argument, it's stupid, abused, and generally just an excuse to never lose.. but also the fact is mostly because I don't like comparing my sexual objects to pre-teen boys..

But yeah I agree a women shouldn't in gorean roleplay defeat a man if she is using a sword..
I'm not happy unless you're not happy..
Vylixan
Posts: 903
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:32 pm
SL Name: Massah Dude
Owner: I own.

Re: Great (Damage) weapons for women

Postby Vylixan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:24 pm

isn't a rolling pin enough for a woman ? afterall she should be in the kitchen :)
Rhubardin
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:13 am
SL Name: Rhubardin Fluffball

Re: Great (Damage) weapons for women

Postby Rhubardin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:29 pm

Ah, but with my Sledge there I can flatten out enough dough to make enough pizza to feed a whole tavern of manly men.

Of course , I'll make sure to blend in a diarhetic agent so that you get what you deserve but it's no more dangerous than ordering Dominos right?

Anyways, in all seriousness. I do make normal club(pickaxe under gorean meter) damage clubs and axes and likely will make a scaled down one handed version of this that will do so. However, the weapon as stands simply does not strike me as a mere club, and having it swing as fast as one seems silly considering how its held and used.

EDIT: Almost forgot to add in my typical disclaimer. Sim owners, or designated mods can request a weapon I make for testing. Just send me a LM so I can confirm you're not just trieing to bum free weapons off of me. :P
I am an opionated artist, not a typist or english professor. So, excuse my typos and the occasional mispelling. Also yes, sometimes I will say weird things you need to google to figure out.
Sidney
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:41 pm
SL Name: Sid

Re: Great (Damage) weapons for women

Postby Sidney » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:20 pm

Allison Millet wrote:
HorizonNinetails wrote:Sword damage is reserved for swords, and most sims say (even GE) that women can't have them.

The reason is that swords are too heavy to lift, normally. *waits for quotes of slaves raising swords*



I always thoguht the reeason wasn't that we couldnt lift them, but compared to a males swordsman the strength inequility's just leave us with no chance because they can wield the blade faster, and their blows are much more heavier then ours ever could be.


Edited to add- I know of several gor evolved sims where woman are allowed, sword like weapons liek scimaers, panga's, machette's and so forth. Granted not your standard sword the Rari would use but I'd still classify something in the sword like department.


I' been told that it not so much a weight issue as a tough to use in dense woods issue (utter nonsense), or that women can lift and use swords normally, but without the social conventions and training they never acquire much skill with them. This is a much more likely thing. Though I still think its easiest and best to just be honest: its a cap and molest game and its not fun if you can't cap. Thus, swords for women are against the rules for that reason and no other.

Gor is poor fiction, and you are never going to get anywhere by trying to make it 'realistic.' That just leads people to find ways around things. But if you just say 'it's a rule, accept it because that is the nature of the game...' you'll get fewer arguments.
Rhubardin
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:13 am
SL Name: Rhubardin Fluffball

Re: Great (Damage) weapons for women

Postby Rhubardin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:29 pm

I'm a staunch proponent of the 'no actual swords' for non martial fighter types camp. This not only includes women, but just about every non warrior role out there, including things like red savages, wagon people, and so on. Mostly it's a combination of a sword's overal inefficiency except as a martial symbol, and the cultures involved.

I've also made a couple of sword like weapons such as a panga, and a rock or tooth bladed war club to satisfy the 'gotta have sword' crowd without actually giving them a sword.

Personally, I use a club, spear, or knife just because they make more sense to me. But then I'm also known for carrieing a small arsenal on my person, which is probably almost as silly as carrieing a sabre.

Anywho.

Aside from the fact that no, it's not designed soley for women so you guys can feel free to use it. Are there any other thoughts or questions now that you can see the device being discussed?
I am an opionated artist, not a typist or english professor. So, excuse my typos and the occasional mispelling. Also yes, sometimes I will say weird things you need to google to figure out.
User avatar
Allison Millet
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:59 pm
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Great (Damage) weapons for women

Postby Allison Millet » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:51 pm

Hehehe....she got me into carrying a small arsenal for any situation, but yea Sidney that was alwasy my thinking mroe of why women don't use sowrds not that we cant, we just cant wield or use them half efficently as a trained rarius or even a regular man could.

At anyrate I prefer my zulu spear stabbing and slashing galore with it :) though swords do look soooooo cool sometimes I wish I could use em and not feel quite as silly about it.
Hockey Stick!

Return to “Weapons”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron