Slings- Arrow, dart, dagger, or slave damage?

What damage and or speed should the sling do

Make it just like a bow
7%
Make it just like a bow
7%
Make it like slave rocks
7%
Make it like slave rocks
7%
Make it a short ranged faster alternative to the bow
7%
Make it a short ranged faster alternative to the bow
7%
Make it a short ranged alternative to blow guns
7%
Make it a short ranged alternative to blow guns
7%
Make it short ranged but keep the damage and speed of the bow
11%
Make it short ranged but keep the damage and speed of the bow
11%
Just make that gun fires shurikens work with gorean meter
11%
11%

Total votes: 28
Rhubardin
SL Name: Rhubardin Fluffball

Slings- Arrow, dart, dagger, or slave damage?

Postby Rhubardin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:47 pm

So I finally got myself a halfway decent left handed sling animation and put together a quick and simple one I plan to offer for sale shortly. However I'm faced with a quandary that notecards and forum searching hasn't answered. Since group chats are down right now I figured this is the best place to ask.

For slings used in gorean meter what damage should they do? If they do arrow, should I make them shorter ranged than real bows? Should they ONLY do slave level damage despite a sling bullet being quite capable of making someone dead? Should i make them faster, but suffer from extreme drops so they're again only useful in the shorter ranges?

Keep in mind that the sling has been both a hunting and military tool that has rivalled the bow in popularity for millenia. Also keep in mind we're not talking about slingshots like Dennis the menace has, but slings like David used to fell Goliath.
I am an opionated artist, not a typist or english professor. So, excuse my typos and the occasional mispelling. Also yes, sometimes I will say weird things you need to google to figure out.
Echo
SL Name: Echo Horatio
Caste: Merchant?
Role: Trouble maker
Home Stone: Island of Jahesa

Re: Slings- Arrow, dart, dagger, or slave damage?

Postby Echo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:02 pm

Put in my poll option. but you had me thinking og going with this just for funny.
"In order to roleplay in SL Gor, you first need to accept that people are not sensible." by Chron
Rhubardin

Postby Rhubardin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:44 pm

Yeah, except it wouldn't take much work.

See, already made it. :D
I am an opionated artist, not a typist or english professor. So, excuse my typos and the occasional mispelling. Also yes, sometimes I will say weird things you need to google to figure out.
Rhubardin

Postby Rhubardin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:19 am

Okay so after tallying all the votes and customer opinions I'll likely be going with a 'short range' that does arrow damage but is scripted to not go past thirty meters much like darts. The long range will do slave/rock damage but otherwise be indentical to a long range arrow.

Return to “Weapons”