Error Messages

Vector
Site Admin
SL Name: Vector

Error Messages

Postby Vector » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:48 am

I can see that a lot of you are getting error messages like the one below but have no means of telling me. You can always IM me in SL on Black Foehammer to tell me you are having issues to bring it to my attention rapidly.

Error while creating image
» Error in [ROOT]/phpbb/search/fulltext_mysql.php on line 90: Missing argument 8 for phpbb/search/fulltext_mysql::__construct(), called in [ROOT]/phpbb/cron/task/core/tidy_search.php on line 61 and defined

I will investigate the cause and speak to Mal too. No wonder the boards are quiet!
If you see something broken on these boards send me a PM please.
Vector
Site Admin

Ugh - Errors Posting

Postby Vector » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:51 pm

I've been trying to post the following message under the Staff Announcements but can't.

I can see that a lot of you are still getting error messages (myself included) when trying to post messages, send private messages, update avatars and some of you can't post at all. This is clearly not good for you or the popularity of the boards and I've left a note for Mal to update the boards to the latest version (we're two versions behind). As a result the boards may have to be taken offine. I have no idea when the message will be picked up by Mal but if you can't access the boards in the near future you'll know why. I'm really sorry I can't do more and that you're experiencing these hiccups; it's a pain in the butt I know.

This post will be moved to its correct location when possible.
Maligant
Tech Guy
SL Name: Maligant

Re: Error Messages

Postby Maligant » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:26 pm

Board has been updated. Hope this helps...
"If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever."
Maligant
Tech Guy
SL Name: Maligant

Postby Maligant » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:29 pm

As posted above, please reach out in the ways Vector listed if you are having issues.
PMs tend to be the best way to alert me as they show up on my phone via email which is best due to my work and travel schedule.

Sorry for the issues. PHPBB 3.1 has turned out to be less fun than I had thought it would be. :oops:
"If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever."
Vector
Site Admin

Postby Vector » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:27 am

The last known logged error was created on Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:22 pm when Sasi tried to do something (lol).

I note that Leah experienced an issue when trying to post on the Gor Revised thread.

If anyone experiences any board problems, please please leave a message here (if you can) or IM Black Foehammer in-world.

Ta
Oor
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Postby Oor » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:10 pm

Vector wrote:The last known logged error was created on Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:22 pm when Sasi tried to do something (lol).

I note that Leah experienced an issue when trying to post on the Gor Revised thread.

If anyone experiences any board problems, please please leave a message here (if you can) or IM Black Foehammer in-world.

Ta

That was me, I think. It was like Error something something GAP.

If it happens again I'll screencap it.
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:16 pm

Vector wrote:The last known logged error was created on Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:22 pm when Sasi tried to do something (lol).

Ta

I thought it was just the site timing out. I've been having that issue, where I go to a thread and suddenly I get a "site is not available" message.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:09 pm

"to do something", ho ho! I didn't try to hack the system, huh! Grrrbbllll....
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:36 pm

Been getting a lot of error messages last few months, so much so that it's really hit or miss to be able to even open the webpage, usually "Error 500, internal error" or "The www.goreanforums.net page isn’t working, www.goreanforums.net is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500"
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:37 pm

Been getting a lot of errors lately, viewing and posting on the Gorums.

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@goreanforums.spyles-world.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/

Return to “From the Admins Desk”