Changes. IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ!

Vector
Site Admin
SL Name: Vector

Re: Changes. IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ!

Postby Vector » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:25 pm

Keep the memorial thread. Keep the best topics but not the content. Perhaps keep it strictly gorean with only limited off topic threads? I don't need to know what diet you are on.
If you see something broken on these boards send me a PM please.
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:41 pm

It'd be nice to save some of the old, informative posts on details from the Gor books, just because sadly most of the good websites that used to compile that stuff have poofed, so there's really not much in the way of resources for someone that wanted to roleplay in Gor and use the actual books as source material for ideas, etc.

That said, I know what a headache it'd be to comb through and try to sort those out, so if you need to ditch the old posts to keep the Gorums going, do whatcha gotta do. :)
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Maligant
Tech Guy
SL Name: Maligant

Postby Maligant » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:55 pm

I'm doing a formula of "it no one has even looked at the post in 1 year, it will be purged"
Logic being here that even if it is "cool info" it obviously hasn't even been looked at in a year. No real sense it keeping it around.
"If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever."
Manon Seid
SL Name: Manon Seid
Role: Mostly gone building mesh
Home Stone: Isle of Sin

Postby Manon Seid » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:57 am

The reason i personally wanted to keep the Gorums alive was the huge archive of great information about Gor. There has been some pretty smart people here through the years to answer questions. The past year is not exactly up to par with what is hidden in the archive really. More than the past half a year the Gorum has been dead and more or less impossible to use, i doubt there is much really interesting stuff to find in that period and if more or less everybody gave up even using the Gorums there naturally wont be any visits in the old threads - as there were no visits in brand new threads either, most of those were created by spammers. Pruning all the old posts would be a real shame in my eyes. Erasing it all so we can all get to discuss the same things all over again seems a bit stupid to me. Mind you revisiting old discussions might be a good idea. But loosing the old perspective and all the SL Gor history with it ...no - i'd rather not if there is any way to keep it alive still.
A Demon Sin - Thanks for the gift Judas
Ceri the Urt
Urtastic!
SL Name: Ceri Kesten
Role: Being totally stinky.

Postby Ceri the Urt » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:28 pm

As much as we would have liked to have kept the old threads and their wealth of information, Unfortunalty it just couldn't happen. Simply put, it was just "To Much" info. We don't make any money off of this site and while we don't pay a whole heck of a lot to keep it, if we wanted to bring all the info over, it simply would have cost to much.

Consider this a fresh start. SL Gor has changed over the years. New people have come who have different ideas, opinions and perspectives and they should be allowed to voice such without being told "this has been discussed already, look it up." It has not been discussed by them, and who knows, maybe they have a different view of it. It would be nice to get a fresh take on everything.
Don't raise your voice, Improve your Argument.

Return to “From the Admins Desk”