The Gorean Forums Role Play Sim

This Forum is for people or homes to advertise for players they need in their rps, or for players to advertise themselves to homes that might need them.

Who's in?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:10 pm

I'll give it a shot. Count me in. (I'm posting more info below...)
10
33%
I'll give it a shot. Count me in. (I'm posting more info below...)
10
33%
Fe, I hate this idea. Run away. RUN AWAY!!
0
No votes
Fe, I hate this idea. Run away. RUN AWAY!!
0
No votes
I'm not in, but I'll read the drama filled posts that are sure to come from this. *grabs popcorn*
5
17%
I'm not in, but I'll read the drama filled posts that are sure to come from this. *grabs popcorn*
5
17%
 
Total votes: 30
User avatar
Pepper
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:18 am
SL Name: Pepper

Re: The Gorean Forums Role Play Sim

Postby Pepper » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:20 pm

FeorieFrimon wrote:I'm not trying to 'hate', and really I'm not, but this is the Gorean Forums. So, we are talking about making a Gorean sim.

There are a lot of super bad ass people that post on these forums, with super bad ass friends. I think we can figure out how to make a fun -Gorean- sim.

I proposed the idea for all of us to work together to come up with something cool in this genre that people obviously love to play in.

People like to play slaves. It doesn't always have to suck. I've had experiences as a slave both ways. And Ceri brought up good points. I'd even add that, slave girls; there are a lot of OTHER people to play with other than dudes. If all of you RP is centered around male avatars, you are going to be bored. A lot. I think the ratio right now is 1 dude 5 female avatars.

Hell, I talked to my friend Zira the other day about a group of slave girls that played with each other as a crew, or a slave gang. Um-awesome! Epic idea and different! And penis free!

Here's the thing; you don't want to have to play in the theme, or play a slave, or agree with it for that matter. But, can we keep the 'naysaying' about Gor to a minimum? I mean, at least about the genre? In this thread? It's like shooting the idea in the foot before the conversation even started.

Use your evil genius to help us fix the problems so we can Gor it up with some of the best RPers on the grid.


These are still things you should be thinking about if you really, truly want to make a Gorean rp sim that's not like every other Gorean rp sim out there. There's a lot more to opening and running a sim then throwing up a build and opening your gates, if you want it to last that is. I know you know that, Feorie. These are all problems that you will have. You really should have some kind of game plan or set up to combat them when they happen, or lessen the chance that they will happen at all. This is the cycle in Gor sims. Someone gets a great idea, opens a sim, the same problems at every other sim flow into the new sim, the owners burn out and the sim dies a few months later. You have to decide what will make this sim last longer than any of the other sims that were great when they started and shut down shortly afterwards.

That chain gang was a genius idea, but it had the same problems that every other slave role has. It was sex rp or no rp. That wasn't the fault of anyone in that chain gang. They were all great rpers. They did have some good inter-chain stories which I think is the only way to play a slave. You're right, slave typists can't count on the male characters. Like I said, it's not any one person that has to work harder at getting some rp. It's everyone. If you can come up with a sim that supports roleplay for everyone that isn't -- Warrior takes slut to his furs until a raid pops in - FW gets threatened with a collar for having an opinion. Again. - Slave sits. And sits. And sits, because every person she's approached for rp has walked away from her. -- you'll be golden.

I'll stop commenting since I'm obviously a little negative about SL Gor and you seem to only want the positive back slapping go for it comments. Good luck on your sim. Go for it. I know that sounds sarcastic, but it's sincere.
User avatar
Leah
Posts: 1043
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:14 pm
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara
Location: Somewhere in Eorzea
Contact:

Re: The Gorean Forums Role Play Sim

Postby Leah » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:50 pm

Well, it may be, Pepper, that she doesn't have any truly long-term plans. Sims generally have a life-cycle of under a year, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Other than that, however, I agree with everything Pepper said. And I'm going to back off and be quiet now. I'm not sure how to fix problems, Feorie, if we can't talk about them. I find it funny that you're okay with people basically shunting 100% of blame to slave players for not having good RP experiences, but not okay with those of us who are piping up with, "Actually, no, that's not fair."

Anyway, I'm off. Good luck with your sim, Fe! :)
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
User avatar
Darius of Turia
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:15 am
SL Name: Darius Vayandar
Caste: Red
Role: Ubar no more!
Home Stone: City of Turia
Contact:

Re: The Gorean Forums Role Play Sim

Postby Darius of Turia » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:11 pm

Ill have a look on the condition you ignore any opinions, input, suggestions, or any attempt i make in trying to help out/get involved.
"Life is as a storm, one must be prepared for the hardship and scorn. But with in this is a light, one for which we must fight. For hope is our weapon and our dreams are our shield. When fully armed we can not be felled from the field."
User avatar
FeorieFrimon
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:51 pm
SL Name: Feorie Frimon
Contact:

Re: The Gorean Forums Role Play Sim

Postby FeorieFrimon » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:02 pm

Pepper wrote:
FeorieFrimon wrote:
I'll stop commenting since I'm obviously a little negative about SL Gor and you seem to only want the positive back slapping go for it comments. Good luck on your sim. Go for it. I know that sounds sarcastic, but it's sincere.


Aw, Pepper and Leah...that was -honestly- not what I was trying to do. Your points are EXTREMELY valid and real. I was talking to a friend about those exact problems just the other day. Cliques were the other brutal sim killer; I think it was one of three things that murdered the last incarnation of Turia.

The point I was trying to make was that if the idea of the thread is to make a 'Gorean sim' off of the people that post in the Gorean Forums, posting that the 'genre sucks' and that 'you hate Gor' and that 'no sim is worth doing if it's Gor' is really -not- helpful.

Also, for everyone that's IMing all my friends and telling them I'm making a sim, not interested in RPing with them any more, and that I'm posting it all over the Gorums, this post is not a declaration of that. This is an idea....it's a poll, intended to run for 15 days to gather info and a list of names of people that might be interested in doing a project. Tamar said she'd 'be in. Does that mean she's fronting the $300 bill? I don't think that saying 'Yeah dude, let's do this' is anything other than a declaration on interest.

I'm not talking about just doing a sim build; I'm talking about planning and building the sim on these forums. I was thinking, like..submitting build ideas via the threads, or hashing out rules on the forum boards. Putting together a builder crew of something, and the conversations happen -here-, on the forums. I'm talking a project...not just a build and a 'running a sim'. I'm not talking about me even Admining a sim...I'm a decent builder, a decent mod, but I'm a terrible Admin. That's not one of my strengths...

Anyway, this turned in to a rant.

I didn't mean to shut anyone out...I just....

I want us to be -positive-. Gor doesn't -have- to suck. It can be fun; it's been done before. There have been AWESOME sims before. There are highly popular non-gorean ones...why can't we figure out how to do that here?

That's the project I'm talking about. So, if you're drinkin' the 'hater-aide', that's cool. Just drink some of the other stuff too, so we can use your very real and honest opinions and turn them in to something that might actually intice you to come back and RP in Gor again.

Know what I'm sayin'?
User avatar
Harlequin
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:25 am
SL Name: Harlequin Salome
Caste: Scripter
Role: Guy Who Stares In Confusion
Home Stone: Blender, mostly.
Contact:

Re: The Gorean Forums Role Play Sim

Postby Harlequin » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:10 pm

Hard to figure out what works if we don't figure out what isn't, and why.
There used to be a gif here. It was awesome. But it's gone now.
User avatar
Pepper
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:18 am
SL Name: Pepper

Re: The Gorean Forums Role Play Sim

Postby Pepper » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:20 pm

FeorieFrimon wrote:Also, for everyone that's IMing all my friends and telling them I'm making a sim, not interested in RPing with them any more, and that I'm posting it all over the Gorums, this post is not a declaration of that.


Outstanding. :woo:

I could tell you a few things that killed Turia, but I wouldn't make any friends in doing so. I'll keep my opinions on that to myself. I agree though that cliques was one thing. And that's my exact point, Feorie. If you're really serious about hashing out a new sim idea with other Gorumers, then you'll have to address things like "How do we keep cliques from killing off the sim?". Otherwise, why even start a sim?

Even if it's a project and you don't want to run the sim yourself, someone has to pay for the sim, someone has to own it, admin it, moderate it, run it, and be the story teller. Working out the logistics of how to handle some of SL Gor's biggest problems should be in the planning talks, right up there with the build design.

I never said I hate Gor. I said I'm jaded. I grew tired of having to change sims and story lines and character stories every 3 - 6 months. I got tired of logging in one day in my busy fun sim to find nobody there because someone started a fight with someone else, so they took their toys and their whole family and left with half the sim. Someone else can offer you the positive pat on the back. I know you'll get a lot of that. What I can offer you is advice on what to be careful about or what to plan for. But I think I've said it all at this point.

I want us to be -positive-. Gor doesn't -have- to suck. It can be fun; it's been done before. There have been AWESOME sims before. There are highly popular non-gorean ones...why can't we figure out how to do that here?


Yes, it can be fun and yes, there have been some awesome sims before. Awesome sims that closed down quickly because of something massive happening. You want to figure out how to have a highly popular sim in SL Gor? Well you have to address the problems first.
User avatar
FeorieFrimon
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:51 pm
SL Name: Feorie Frimon
Contact:

Re: The Gorean Forums Role Play Sim

Postby FeorieFrimon » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:44 pm

Pepper wrote: If you're really serious about hashing out a new sim idea with other Gorumers, then you'll have to address things like "How do we keep cliques from killing off the sim?". Otherwise, why even start a sim?


Um...we're saying the same thing here? I never said I didn't think addressing these topics wasn't important. :?:

Pepper wrote:Even if it's a project and you don't want to run the sim yourself, someone has to pay for the sim, someone has to own it, admin it, moderate it, run it, and be the story teller. Working out the logistics of how to handle some of SL Gor's biggest problems should be in the planning talks, right up there with the build design.


Yes, but this thread was designed to generate interest and find out -who- those people might be. Not to hash it all out right this second. It's a post in the Classified section of the forums...

Pepper wrote:I never said I hate Gor.


I never said you did. There are a lot of people saying the dislike the genre and SL Gor in this thread.

Pepper wrote:I said I'm jaded. I grew tired of having to change sims and story lines and character stories every 3 - 6 months. I got tired of logging in one day in my busy fun sim to find nobody there because someone started a fight with someone else, so they took their toys and their whole family and left with half the sim. Someone else can offer you the positive pat on the back. I know you'll get a lot of that. What I can offer you is advice on what to be careful about or what to plan for. But I think I've said it all at this point.


Amen, dude. I hate logging in to trying to drum up some boring story, and then one day show up and the sim is being closed..in like, two days. Surprise! Start over.
I think a lot of us are jaded; I know a lot of the people on these forums are, at least. This project is intended to come up with a way to ensure that -doesn't- happen, and we can figure out what's needed to make something that doesn't blow.
That's good for slave RPers.
That stories happen in.
That doesn't close in 3 months. And hell, even if nothing comes from it, maybe new sim owners can go back and read this stuff and use it to make their sims better.

Wait...that's it? Two posts worth and you're out? You have nothing else to add? I hope you'll reconsider if the specific topics make it to a different thread where your thoughts aren't just wanted, but NEEDED.

Leah wrote:Well, it may be, Pepper, that she doesn't have any truly long-term plans. Sims generally have a life-cycle of under a year, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Other than that, however, I agree with everything Pepper said. And I'm going to back off and be quiet now. I'm not sure how to fix problems, Feorie, if we can't talk about them. I find it funny that you're okay with people basically shunting 100% of blame to slave players for not having good RP experiences, but not okay with those of us who are piping up with, "Actually, no, that's not fair."

Anyway, I'm off. Good luck with your sim, Fe! :)


:offtopic:

Leah, I just spent the last 6 months playing a slave full time in a Torvie sim. I -AM- a slave player. And I can point at three or four posts I've made within the last month where I said similar things, that I had a hard time playing a slave. That I was experiencing some of the same issues that you pointed out in your posts.

I'm not disagreeing with you.

But, I also have seen a crap ton of slave players (and FW, too!) that only want to play with dudes; they won't play with other slaves longer than 5 mins, won't RP with FW, and when said dude logs in to the sim, they vanish and post out of their scene to go chase the man charecter's in the sim. For players like that, it's going to be a very boring Gor if you only want to RP with guys, simply because there aren't that many of them, and of the ones that are out there, you'll likely only mesh with 25% of them.

Ceri is right...you can make your own RP. If you log in to a sim, and there are 30 people on the sim....if you want to rp, you should try and rp with every single one of them until someone gets story going with you. If you aren't trying to rp with all of them, chicks included, you can't say that 'no one wants to play with you'.

And thats not a jab at you. That's a general statement of what I have observed from MANY players that choose to play slave characters.

And if you're on a sim when you make those rounds, to ALL 30 people, every time you log in for a week or two...and no one will give you anything? Well then screw that sim, and go play somewhere else. Because who wants to play second fiddle to everyone else on the sim?

That's all I'm saying.
User avatar
Pepper
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:18 am
SL Name: Pepper

Re: The Gorean Forums Role Play Sim

Postby Pepper » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:54 pm

FeorieFrimon wrote:
Pepper wrote: Wait...that's it? Two posts worth and you're out? You have nothing else to add? I hope you'll reconsider if the specific topics make it to a different thread where your thoughts aren't just wanted, but NEEDED.


:fryingpan:

You just said you don't want the negativity on this thread. I'm just saying that's all I've got. The end result? Maybe this isn't the thread I should be yammering away on. I really don't have anything else to add. I listed off the things I think need improvement in SL Gor. You don't really want to focus on that right now. You just want to get a group of people interested first. I could repeat myself, but there's no point in doing that.

Maybe there's a thread on breast size or sheer veils vs opaque veils. That sounds like fun. :clap:
User avatar
FeorieFrimon
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:51 pm
SL Name: Feorie Frimon
Contact:

Re: The Gorean Forums Role Play Sim

Postby FeorieFrimon » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:53 pm

Pepper wrote:
FeorieFrimon wrote:
Pepper wrote: Wait...that's it? Two posts worth and you're out? You have nothing else to add? I hope you'll reconsider if the specific topics make it to a different thread where your thoughts aren't just wanted, but NEEDED.


:fryingpan:

You just said you don't want the negativity on this thread. I'm just saying that's all I've got. The end result? Maybe this isn't the thread I should be yammering away on. I really don't have anything else to add. I listed off the things I think need improvement in SL Gor. You don't really want to focus on that right now. You just want to get a group of people interested first. I could repeat myself, but there's no point in doing that.

Maybe there's a thread on breast size or sheer veils vs opaque veils. That sounds like fun. :clap:



Ooooh! I thought you meant forever...

My bad. :banghead:
User avatar
Anarch Allegiere
Posts: 1000
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:01 am
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Re: The Gorean Forums Role Play Sim

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:31 am

A sim is not something you make as a team, imo.

You need to have someone at the top that calls the shots and by whose vision the sim will be ran, and people around that person that can give advice, but in the end must understand that they are not the ones in charge.

A gorean sim is a very frail and fragile thing, and if too many people try to pull on the steering wheel the ship will sink much faster than anything else that requires coordination. If you want to build a sim, build it, listen to advice, but don't be too easily swayed by people that start to rage and disagree with your vision and rules, unless you can see reason in their points.

There are different types of roleplayers in SL Gor too. The 'gorean forums' are already a clique in itself, because of what they prefer in their roleplay. The more active you want your sim to become, the more diversity you'll need to accept among your roleplayers, and the more tolerance you'll have to maintain among your roleplayers for different styles. Cliques will be unavoidable, as people simply always prefer roleplaying with certain people over others, or are afraid of dilluting their current storylines with other new unknown things.

There will obviously be exceptions to this advice, as some groups of close friends might be a lot more similar minded than most people. Nor should the one in charge act like a dickish dictator that neglects all the effort and advice of his moderator team, or undermines their actions.

Roleplay and keeping the sim active, that requires teamwork and a big team.

Return to “Classifieds Ads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron