The Gorean Forums Role Play Sim

This Forum is for people or homes to advertise for players they need in their rps, or for players to advertise themselves to homes that might need them.

Who's in?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:10 pm

I'll give it a shot. Count me in. (I'm posting more info below...)
33%
I'll give it a shot. Count me in. (I'm posting more info below...)
33%
Fe, I hate this idea. Run away. RUN AWAY!!
No votes
Fe, I hate this idea. Run away. RUN AWAY!!
No votes
I'm not in, but I'll read the drama filled posts that are sure to come from this. *grabs popcorn*
17%
I'm not in, but I'll read the drama filled posts that are sure to come from this. *grabs popcorn*
17%

Total votes: 30
FeorieFrimon
SL Name: Feorie Frimon

The Gorean Forums Role Play Sim

Postby FeorieFrimon » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:10 pm

I think we should do it.

Seriously; lets a group of us figure out a concept, hash it out on the forums, and do this thing. We can hash out basic topics or something with threads and polls. Submit build ideas and vote on them. Rules. Whatever.

Some of you store owners can do a -small- market at the top, with a landing point or something right in the middle to help pay for portions of the tier. I'm not talking about the uber huge maze markets....I'm talking out some simple where the TP point down to the sim is right there, too.

Who's down?
Sabina Takakura
SL Name: WAT.
Caste: Hobo
Role: Zombie Killer
Home Stone: My cat.
Owner: Reddit.

Re: The Gorean Forums Role Play Sim

Postby Sabina Takakura » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:48 pm

Even if I don't put a shop (cause I hate updating shops. Hate.) I'll donate L$
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:20 pm

I'm really, really interested but I don't want to commit 100% just yet, as I'm not sure I have the time. :(
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:18 pm

Sounds good to me. I'm willing to help out however I can. :D
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
FeorieFrimon
SL Name: Feorie Frimon

Postby FeorieFrimon » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:57 pm

Wow, awesome ladies!

Just so you know, the poll is running for 15 days total. So, tell your cool friends that also, might be interested.
Harlequin
SL Name: Harlequin Salome
Caste: Scripter
Role: Guy Who Stares In Confusion
Home Stone: Blender, mostly.

Postby Harlequin » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:06 am

I could help out, within reason.
There used to be a gif here. It was awesome. But it's gone now.
Qingwen
SL Name: Qin

Postby Qingwen » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:49 am

can I be the slaver? new slave application will have only one question:

'Does this dress make me look fat?'

jk.

I am poor but if there's room for a tavern musician I'd come play there. 8-)
"Who are you people?!" - Patrick Star
Harlequin

Postby Harlequin » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:48 am

One thing that occurs to me. While obviously a "Gor inspired" setting is more my sort of thing just because then we don't have to deal with the eternal issue of slave boredom, more importantly:New Characters Required.

I'm personally deeply, deeply sick of every darn sim, the first thing you run into is people with 10 years of intertwining backstories and stuff that like. Everyone in the sim but the new people know. Plus it means that the entire city's female population has been around on the FW-Slave carousel at least 5 times and it just gets sort of silly.

A big part of the flaws of BtB Gor are rooted in the paired problems of jaded too-old characters, and the fact that even now no one knows what to do with slaves unless they're perusing them for a relationship.
Sabina Takakura
SL Name: WAT.
Caste: Hobo
Role: Zombie Killer
Home Stone: My cat.
Owner: Reddit.

Postby Sabina Takakura » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:00 pm

I rather agree with you there, Harlequin. I retired Sabina because I felt like she had too much under her belt. There was no reason to continue playing her. I know it'll be a hard sell to some, but I never quite know how to react IC when someone says "I was the ubar of X and then I did this, that, and the other."
It's sort of the gorean equivalent of "I'm half dragon, half elf, 1/4 cherokee u jelly?" in a fantasy sim.

One thing I would like to see is an emphasis on roleplay. Not just stating it, but actually doing it. Run it like every other RP sim is in SL, with broad overreaching plots that allow for every player, even if they're just starting, to jump in.
I know I will be wildly unpopular in this, but non-metered sims tend to do poorly so I think partially metered may be best (Designated raid times?) which adds an outside threat as well. Do I like meters? Absolutely not. Most sims elsewhere thrive without them, but that isn't the case in Gor in my experience. I'd love to be proven wrong.

It would be nice to set the RP up in a way that has a house/sector specific for each type of player. Gor tends to focus upon physical locations - Tavern, infirmary, etc when I think there is more benefit for a long term RP if it's set up almost like a roman theme sim would be. House X controls this resource, House Y controls another. It creates a solid foundation rather than people magically coming in with all the power and monies. All of it.
Harlequin

Postby Harlequin » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:27 pm

Eh. It depends on what you want.
You want a traditional Gor sim for gorean RPers? Yeah, meter.

want just an RP sim that's Gor? Not a bad idea to cast off all the crap that has for some reason become "accepted" as just how Gor is done.

But, that's why I keep saying that a sim that has all the aspects of Gor, the D/s, the -really- hot kinky sex, the slavegirls, the violence, but isn't Gor makes it maybe easier because you odn' t have all the baggage.

Return to “Classifieds Ads”