Story: The imaginary rape of a Free Woman (not BtB)

This Forum is for storylines you think others might be interested in following.

Did you like the story?

1. No, it pisses me off. Totally not BtB!
5%
1. No, it pisses me off. Totally not BtB!
5%
2. Meh.
10%
2. Meh.
10%
3. Yes, I quite liked it so far.
35%
3. Yes, I quite liked it so far.
35%

Total votes: 20
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Re: Story: The imaginary rape of a Free Woman (not BtB)

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:02 am

Kismet Reyes wrote:A nice well written story, not my taste but enjoyable none the less.

And just to clarify. I didn't write the story to see if people thought I could write a nice story or not, more to see if people would be upset or annoyed with the non-by the book elements or twists I'd give to the gorean world.
Frevet

Postby Frevet » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:29 pm

Given that I do not enjoy playing throw-away characters I'd rather not rp as the slave of said guy, so in regards to rp: No, I'd not be interested. :P

Though I think the general direction taken here would make danger on Gor a lot more 'real', so to say.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:30 pm

Anarch Allegiere wrote:
Kismet Reyes wrote:A nice well written story, not my taste but enjoyable none the less.

And just to clarify. I didn't write the story to see if people thought I could write a nice story or not, more to see if people would be upset or annoyed with the non-by the book elements or twists I'd give to the gorean world.

I'm pretty sure no one gives a shit unless you're trying to force your version of "Gor" into their RP, Anarch.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:46 pm

Leah wrote:
Anarch Allegiere wrote:

I'm pretty sure no one gives a shit unless you're trying to force your version of "Gor" into their RP, Anarch.

Some people were giving me the impression that the "world of Gor" as described by JN was sacred and deviations upon it were unacceptable.

Now how horribly annoyed would you be if someone did try to RP this vision for Gor towards you, knowing it was heavily adjusted with personal creative preferences?
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:52 pm

Anarch Allegiere wrote:Some people were giving me the impression that the "world of Gor" as described by JN was sacred and deviations upon it were unacceptable.

Isn't the real question whether or not people want something other than Gor based on your example? I think the answer would be yes for some and no for others. That has absolutely nothing to do with the authors work being sacred. You are no longer dabbling in his work but your own creation.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Exploring SL - Ann Owiti
Kait
Teslik & Sip Root Gorean Medical Info
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:43 pm

/me says to Anarch attempting a very bad french accent, "Anarch...your story is not BTB."

And she leaves it at that. ;)

FYI it was very well written. :thumbup:
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:18 pm

Anarch Allegiere wrote:Now how horribly annoyed would you be if someone did try to RP this vision for Gor towards you, knowing it was heavily adjusted with personal creative preferences?

Unless I specifically sought out that version of "Gor," I would likely ignore you and move on. :)
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499

Postby ... » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:28 pm

I'm just gonna say, because I'm pretty sure you're not interested in just having your ego stroked for the sake of it, that it wasn't very well written, but has potential.

As far as the theme goes, meh. It was okay. I guess I want more 'why'. I mean, the dude buys a slave, gets bored, kills her, buys another one. It all seems very scripted and not really FOR anything other than 'oh look at this man's character quirk'. Things done without reason tend to bore me. I think with work though, and a bit more of a nod to the underlying reasoning and personality, could be good.

IC, I'd probably roll with it, maybe. Though if I was playing a slave, perhaps not. For the same reason Arica gave. I think any characters that are absolutely destined to be killed in RP should be NPC'd - whether that NPC is a played avatar or not.
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:44 pm

In the books, Port Kar was a city without homestone and with 5 ubars, Tharna a city where women ruled and wore a silver mask. There are several cultures without homestone, too, in the books. Slaves may be killed if they are not pleasing enough without anyone care much.

And even when sharing the same homestone, a warrior may still dream to rape a FW who taunted him. And this warrior who weights the pros and cons, tempted to risk his own life to satisfy a drive, is not that I could call a deviation, regarding the books. I would not expect less from a warrior.

So, if Norman didnt write anything about a city where each notable family/clan has its own homestone, where tattooing is a common custom, etc, this story remains, for my point of view, in the spirit of the Gorean culture, not so much a deviation. And too, blood, violence, harshness and sex made an exciting cocktail. That could be a Gor novel written by George R.R. Martin :mrgreen:

I consider myself a BTB Rper and Im not upset by this kind of "deviation". Hordes of Gorean Ninja girls helping men in combat, in SL Gor, yes, that upsets me. But this story, I loved it. Playing the slave of such warrior, I would consider as an IC challenge to do not get killed, probably.

Anaaarch, what happens next? Write the next episode! :popcorn:
Lacey
SL Name: Lacey arentire
Caste: The White Ghost
Role: Haunting
Home Stone: Where Dead Goreans go.
Owner: Deka
AkA: Crazy

Postby Lacey » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:48 pm

I like it and it was a better asked question than what I was trying to get at with my when is it an onlinism thread, so even if it was totally unrelated or not purposely done thank you. I shall watch to see how the replies go. This is the exact sort of thing I wanted to know if people would not enjoy because it is not exactly in the books or enjoy it just because there is roleplay to back it up. I wanted to know if people would get upset if the city decided to have a thing with tattoos or anything of the sort just to show some custom differences or to add some creativity. Me personally, I don't see why one cannot unless it gets so far that there are unicorns arriving into Gor or something else that could be very far fetched.
I should have never cut her hair!

Return to “Storylines”