Epic Storylines of SL Gor

This Forum is for Logs, Storylines and Reviews on rp that people wish opinions about or want to share.
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Epic Storylines of SL Gor

Postby Tamar Luminos » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:55 pm

Ok, so- Manon gave me the motivation to post this in counterpoint to the "Moronic Storylines of Gor" thread. So, what are some of your favorite epic storylines/scenes you've gotten to be a part of in SL Gor?

I don't have a lot storyline-wise but I have had some really great scenes I loved being a part of:

Repulsing the Torvoldsland attackers in Imperial Ar. Got to be a "ballista slave" up on the walls, working to keep the ballistae repaired and firing (Harlequin had scripted and built a ballista that took damage and could be "repaired", if someone had the wrench scripted to go with it, so we had 2 person teams on each ballista, one FM character aiming and firing it, and a slave character kneeling beside it with the wrench to jump in and repair it when necessary). Was exciting, fast paced, had a lot of fun. Got to play a slave character with something important to do in the grand scheme of things, terrified and scared but trying to be brave with the arrows flying past, even taking a couple of hits that led to roleplay afterwards, and some great scars the character can brag about.

My slavegirl character getting caught by Cadence trying to pretend to be a FW to a male slave (who'd mistaken her for such) and ordering him around and toying with him, and her terror at getting caught and the rather severe punishment that followed (public punishment/whipping scene that deeply influenced both our characters).

My slavegirl character and another random male slave getting accosted out on the street by a random FW, who was icy cold and professional, putting us through our paces as she considered whether either of us would be worth pursuing for purchase and putting us thoroughly in our places with just the flash of a snake whip at her belt. Brilliantly wicked scene.

Those are just a few that come to mind. What's yours?
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Manon Seid
SL Name: Manon Seid
Role: Mostly gone building mesh
Home Stone: Isle of Sin

Re: Epic Storylines of SL Gor

Postby Manon Seid » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:51 am

Thanks Tamar :)

I logged in, typed a loooong reply with great examples. Hit preview and got the "You need to be logged in to reply" ....hence its all lost pft. I'll type a new reply another day right now i am frustrated lol
A Demon Sin - Thanks for the gift Judas
Harlequin
SL Name: Harlequin Salome
Caste: Scripter
Role: Guy Who Stares In Confusion
Home Stone: Blender, mostly.

Postby Harlequin » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:10 pm

Remember that one time, Tamar, where i hit you with a thing?

Yeah. That was awesome.
There used to be a gif here. It was awesome. But it's gone now.
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

Postby Kaitlin » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:24 am

Nice Op

SL Gor has at times been a blast that kept me rooted to my chair at home for hours. It's nice to remember those stories.

Epic storylines...

Top of the list would be Zander and Kait's story from companionship with the attendant negotiations where I was kept in the dark on price by my greedy brother to parting and reuniting. There is a reason he has been my RP partner for so long. The companionship feast in Melisandre's Ar brought together a cast of characters that are some of the best writers I've seen since I started gorean RP in IRC. Zander made playing the secret but very reluctant slave hella fun. :popcorn: :heart: :grind:

I'll go in chronological order since all these stories were special in their own way.

1) Kait finding out she had FC'd her brother. Dren was amazeballs and the caterwauling of Elle at the discovery and Author lending us his participation was truly a story I won't forget. It formed the basis for long running familial RP that I rarely got to see in SL Gor. :clap:

2) Definitely the capture of Kait by Chron was epic. All the tension you could ever ask for in RP. I only hope he enjoyed it as much as I did. I still look over my shoulder in fear he might return. :covereyes:

3) Carnival in Ar!!! A masked FW can get into all sorts of trouble. Of all my storylines this one felt most like the books because the door was opened to "what if" without anyone killing the RP. From the start of the storyline with an opening scene with Darby I knew this RP was going to be fun even if I had no idea where it was going. I've never really planned RP but this is the story that created itself and the cast of characters that got pulled in still amazes me. I was constantly surprised at the twists and turns it took. My partner in crime Kata was hilarious. :farmer:

3) No one can make a voyage in Gor more exciting than Vylixan the merchant. From port to port our mental duel was yet another story that kept me pinned in my seat for hours at the keyboard. This story took its twists and turns until Kait was left with a ghost. :rip:

4) The courtship of Kait by Barat. This RP sprang up from a visit to see a new sim. I wasn't even in "RP mode" so the veil was missing. I'm glad I didn't send an OOC message declining to play when he kicked off this storyline. I had no idea it would be one of the best experiences I've had in SL Gor. He was a physician so of course he had the upper hand with the family since this is Gor but my dear brother Dren wasn't as enamored as he should have been. If he had been he wouldn't have had me stabbed or hired a BC to spy on me (nice that it was the best one in gor, Crow). Our battle of wills reinforced that Gor is truly a man's world. Well unless you run away. :fleeflee:

No wonder I have had such a hard time letting go of the character Kait but it was time.
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:54 pm

Kait! Thanks for bumping this- I actually have a new one to add from Turia!

Much to my long-term slave character's dismay...her owner, Cadence took an FC, Feorie, and good lord it was hard to play through my character's jealousy and heartbreak at no longer being "his only one" but it was so totally worth it to get to play with Feorie. The scene where Cadence put his foot down and basically "broke" my character down again to put her in her place and remind her that she was -just- a slave was amazing. My character was painfully aware the freewoman's place over her in the household, of Cadence's growing fascination with his new companion. The interactions were intense and so incredibly complex. My character was all but blinded by anger and sadness, and Feorie's was sympathetic and kind but the two women were separated by an impassable gulf of status that kept them from reaching an accord.

It was something new and challenging, and I'm grateful I got to be a part of it, and that Feorie and I could alternately cringe and joke together in IM's while the scenes unfolded. LOL

Turia was a fantastic place to play, and I'm thankful I got to be a part of it and that it pulled Harlequin and I out of roleplay retirement, for a brief time, at least. LOL
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/

Return to “Role play”