Isle of Illyros - Opening Soon

User avatar
Anarch Allegiere
Posts: 1000
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:01 am
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Isle of Illyros - Opening Soon

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:04 am

Chronicles of Counter-Earth: Isle of Illyros


Introduction
We are a role play sim based on the culture depicted in John Norman’s Chronicles of Counter Earth novel series, set on the planet “Gor”, and adapted with it’s own history, ongoing story, faction set and timeline.
Here are a few key points:
  • Applications are required for every character, even ‘visitors’
  • Standalone sim: The characters and storylines from other sims do not carry over here
  • Conflict role play occurs on sim between players and factions, and is sometimes facilitated sometimes by “Game-Master”-controlled NPC characters and factions
  • Death is permanent. No exceptions.
  • Roles are restricted in order to maintain balance in the role play world.
  • No combat meters are used here
  • A role play dice combat system is used here
  • We strongly enforce role play etiquette and expect characters to “look the part”

Sim Rules
Take a look here:
http://counterearth.enjin.com/simrules

Quick Lore:
A free port in the Thassa ruled by Merchants and a Merchant-Magistrate, under the distant rule of Cos. Tensions however seem to run high as notable high caste families and even legendary pirates are starting to get restless.

Goal:
Delivering a whole new experience unlike any gorean role-play sim you've seen before with a strong focus on storylines. A strong backbone of lore (still being worked on) and an active admin storytelling team that will bring you back to the edge of your seat while writing. Come live the real authentic gorean experience, feel like a part of the books.

Applications:
We would like to accept applications for characters while the sim is being built and prepared:
http://counterearth.enjin.com/recruitment

Also check our notable characters page if you want to apply and play a featured role (of great influence):
http://counterearth.enjin.com/notablecharacters
User avatar
Tamar Luminos
Posts: 638
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:06 pm
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Re: Isle of Illyros - Opening Soon

Postby Tamar Luminos » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:46 pm

Woot! This looks promising! Sending in an app now. :D
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Anarch Allegiere
Posts: 1000
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:01 am
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Re: Isle of Illyros - Opening Soon

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:07 pm

The application form might undergo some slight adjustments over the coming days, but don't let that deter you from filling it in with what is there.

I would also like to highlight the featured roles we are recruiting for, most of them are still open for recruitment:
http://counterearth.enjin.com/notablecharacters
User avatar
Lacey
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:06 pm
SL Name: Lacey arentire
Caste: The White Ghost
Role: Haunting
Home Stone: Where Dead Goreans go.
Owner: Deka
AkA: Crazy
Location: South carolina

Re: Isle of Illyros - Opening Soon

Postby Lacey » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:43 pm

Could you elaborate on this part please? I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what you mean. Do you mean that all the slaves go to the baths, auctions, or slave houses?

Slaves:
Slave players are able to choose whether to immediately play or “queue up” until there are 3+ for various introductory events, such as auctions, and any not bought to be funneled into a tavern, bath or slave house.
I should have never cut her hair!
User avatar
Anarch Allegiere
Posts: 1000
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:01 am
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Re: Isle of Illyros - Opening Soon

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:55 pm

Lacey wrote:Could you elaborate on this part please? I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what you mean. Do you mean that all the slaves go to the baths, auctions, or slave houses?

Slaves:
Slave players are able to choose whether to immediately play or “queue up” until there are 3+ for various introductory events, such as auctions, and any not bought to be funneled into a tavern, bath or slave house.


This is an option we would like to have available for new role players wanting to play the role of slave or slave-girl. They can be brought into the sim through IC RP in batches, sold IC on an auction block. And if they're not bought there they can be taken to an NPC or other owner, in the tavern, baths or slave house.

Private slave-girls obviously won't be subjected to this. And unowned or rather NPC owned slave-girls don't have to do this either. It's but an idea or suggestion.
User avatar
Lacey
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:06 pm
SL Name: Lacey arentire
Caste: The White Ghost
Role: Haunting
Home Stone: Where Dead Goreans go.
Owner: Deka
AkA: Crazy
Location: South carolina

Re: Isle of Illyros - Opening Soon

Postby Lacey » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:58 pm

Anarch Allegiere wrote:
Lacey wrote:Could you elaborate on this part please? I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what you mean. Do you mean that all the slaves go to the baths, auctions, or slave houses?

Slaves:
Slave players are able to choose whether to immediately play or “queue up” until there are 3+ for various introductory events, such as auctions, and any not bought to be funneled into a tavern, bath or slave house.


This is an option we would like to have available for new role players wanting to play the role of slave or slave-girl. They can be brought into the sim through IC RP in batches, sold IC on an auction block. And if they're not bought there they can be taken to an NPC or other owner, in the tavern, baths or slave house.

Private slave-girls obviously won't be subjected to this. And unowned or rather NPC owned slave-girls don't have to do this either. It's but an idea or suggestion.


Okay thank you!
I should have never cut her hair!
User avatar
Anarch Allegiere
Posts: 1000
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:01 am
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Re: Isle of Illyros - Opening Soon

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:13 pm

Just a small update:

Sim build is approximately 1-2 weeks away, at which point we'll open up the sim to be viewable (from skybox) as to give people an idea of the build. The sim itself will open a week later, as to give people time to prepare their characters and background stories.

In the meantime you can apply here:
http://counterearth.enjin.com/recruitment

And also have a look if any of our feature roles might interest you. These applications take a much loner time to review because we want to pick the most eligible candidate for every faction leader or notable featured character:
http://counterearth.enjin.com/notablecharacters

The combat dice rules have also been added (a simplified version of WCS):
http://counterearth.enjin.com/dicecombat
User avatar
Cassie
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:09 am
SL Name: Isabeus

Re: Isle of Illyros - Opening Soon

Postby Cassie » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:16 pm

You mention Visitor application to be different , where would one specify that on the form?
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.
User avatar
Anarch Allegiere
Posts: 1000
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:01 am
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Re: Isle of Illyros - Opening Soon

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:19 pm

Cassie wrote:You mention Visitor application to be different , where would one specify that on the form?


My idea was to make those available in the skybox once the sim was open through notecard form, but there is discussion to get rid of that and just make it the same 'full' app for all.
User avatar
Anarch Allegiere
Posts: 1000
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:01 am
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Re: Isle of Illyros - Opening Soon

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:42 pm

Our amazing sim logo:
Image

Bumping for hype.

Still accepting applications before we open up for RP (ETA 1-2 weeks).

Return to “Isle of Illyros”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron