Caste: Merchant
Role: Administrator
Home Stone: Vonda / Fort Haskins

Fort Haskins Recruiting

Postby Temujin » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:49 am

==========================
Fort Haskins - Recruitment Information
==========================
Fort Haskins is seeking various role players to join the sim. And let me quickly and briefly describe the fact that Fort Haskins is an open and free Trading Post - you can get more information about the sim in general, rules and the likes and description of where Fort Haskins is located on Gor, from our website at:

http://forthaskins.wordpress.com

Because we are a trading post, we are not a Home Stone and do not offer Citizenship. We do not have city laws with magistrated and court systems, we only have the absolute administration and ownership of the Fort by the Merchant of Vonda known as Temujin Calidius.

This is beneficial, because it means that we can recruit members onto our sim without pulling you away from your current Home Stone or back story. You will not have to denounce your home in order to join Fort Haskins.
It was not uncommon for Goreans to be of a particular Home Stone and travel or own a home, even holiday villa's at various locations.

So what does Fort Haskins offer? We offer you a home away from home, these homes are attached to Caste specific businesses which you get a permit to run by the Head Merchant and pay your fees through him (in DG coin).

We are seeking various low castes and well as some High Caste within the company & slave compound of House Calidius, these are:

Fort Haskins:
---------------
o Baker
o Brewer / Distiller
o Butcher
o Carpenter
o Metal Worker / Blacksmith
o Seamstress
o Tavern Keeper

Fort Haskins Farm/Town:
-----------------------------
o Bee Keeper
o Bosk / Verr Breeder
o Hunter
o Lumberjack
o Peasant
o Rence Farmer
o Vintner
o Vulo Keeper

All of these roles require the use of our G&S crafting/breedable systems which we have made available to you at no cost. You will produce or manufacture various items which the Merchants of House Calidius will purchase from you with DG Coin. You will use this coin then to pay for your business permit, home rental, food for energy requirements and the paying of any Taxes which the Merchant decides to demand from you.

House Calidius is also employing staff from any city and taking on slaves for various roles within the compound, and these are:

o Assistant Merchant (Assisting in trade negotiations)
o Physician (Slave health checks & certificates)
o Scribe (Slave Papers)
o Slavers (Will train all slaves in accordance with training system set out by the Master Merchant. This will form all kennel slaves training papers).

o Kennel Slaves (will be trained in our system and put to work at various tasks around Fort Haskins, as well as participate in slave auctions, both Kajira and Kajiru).

o Male Slaves/Captives: We are seeking male captives to be dropped off here for purchase from House Calidius to enable the roleplay of Fighting Slaves/Gladiators. These men will be owned by the House and feared by many. They will fight in the fighting pits at events between other Fighting Slaves of other Houses, and fight to keep their lives or potentially earn their freedom. An interesting twist to SLGor, and we look forward to receiving your male captives. We are not looking for boys, we are looking for Men who were simply defeated in combat and sold off into slavery as Gladiators.

o Mercenaries: We have the facilities to house a group of around 25 active Mercenaries. Each man will have a barrack type accommodation, and there is an arena available for daily training. The leader of the Mercenaries will be paid directly and he will be responsible to spread the coins out to his men. They will need coin to pay for their accommodation and to afford food and paga, and the use of kennel slaves.

If you are interested in any of these roles, please visit us in world and seek us out in character to discuss it more.
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Re: Fort Haskins Recruiting

Postby Sasi » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:20 am

What is this "training system"?
Temujin
SL Name: Attila Katana

Postby Temujin » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:08 am

Just a training regime we've been working on to give some roleplay to kennel girls to experience being a new girl in a kennel through to being auctioned off.

So, for example new to a kennel you will learn how to speak, you will learn how to kneel and some basic commands. Then you might be let out of kennels to scrub floors and learn basic domestic chores. Learn how to cook, learn how to serve the free the food which you have cooked.

Earning different items of clothing and different kinds of access around the House and eventually the Fort as you learn to pleasure or dance, or whatever else we have put into the system.

This is all RP based and expects that you already understand Gor or have educated yourself. We are not teaching emotes or OOC based subjects. The objective isn't to train a new kajira of Gor different onlinisms that you see today, but to give a roleplayer the experience of finding themselves in a slavers kennel and going through day 1 through to auction day.
Manon Seid
SL Name: Manon Seid
Role: Mostly gone building mesh
Home Stone: Isle of Sin

Postby Manon Seid » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:32 am

How much time and effort will be necessary to put into the system if one wishes to play a role that's not entirely poor?
A Demon Sin - Thanks for the gift Judas
Temujin
SL Name: Attila Katana

Postby Temujin » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Manon Seid wrote:How much time and effort will be necessary to put into the system if one wishes to play a role that's not entirely poor?

It depends since the sim is still in its infancy. Currently both myself and the slaver being of Australia, we'd be looking at 2 hours of roleplay dedicated to the role per day from around 1am SLT.

If I can find a majority of people who join us to be online during those times, then terrific. However majority of roleplayers seem to be in USA and are not online around the 1am-3am SLT time frame. So it is a slow process to find people in key roles who can do the major tasks while I as the sim owner am not there. And likely a few of those potential roleplayers to suit those key roles I am not online to meet and hire into those roles.
Sasi

Postby Sasi » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:24 pm

Honestly, since the whole purpose of your sim is less based on role play, intrigues, storylines, but on the G&S game to play some economic game (and well, with real money involved as you charge $400L for a gold tarn), I'm not sure you will get many real role players...
That system kills the RP (people spend much time producing items than actively working together to create storylines) and is not even realistic.

Not to mention this:
o Physician (Slave health checks & certificates)
o Scribe (Slave Papers)

Creative role players don't want to bother filling notecards....

And your training sounds like most of those we see in most sims: A succession of tests one has to success (and notecard to prove they have been filled) in order to earn something like a clothing or be sold. I doubt you would allow your slave players to FTB a chore. For example, to consider that chores are done when the RPer is offline, so, in the slave's background, for the player focus on more interesting interactions and stories with people because there is zero fun in writing how to scrub a floor (when I did that in RL in my own house, see, if playing a slave, I'm not willing to bother in describing this activity, SL is my fun time, not a real chore).

Pity, really, because your concept of fort, allowing much intersim RP, could be interesting if you didn't want to transform your players in little G&S collectors and traders. I played a wealthy merchant, I never felt the need to trade real items and I was busy to plot to extend my character's influence, sign contracts, afford caravans and intrigue toward her competitors while she worked as well to improve her position in society by a companionship with a powerful man (not to mention she had to fight her natural slave tendencies). Not once, I used an item from my inventory, not once I had needed to effectively produce something.
Aphris
SL Name: Aphris Myoo
Role: Yearkeeper & Trader
Home Stone: Kataii

Postby Aphris » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:26 am

Sasi wrote:Honestly, since the whole purpose of your sim is less based on role play, intrigues, storylines, but on the G&S game to play some economic game (and well, with real money involved as you charge $400L for a gold tarn), I'm not sure you will get many real role players...

What is a real role player? That is personal for everyone.
I am not a fan of G&S either, but many others are. But nor I am a fan of the people calling themselves pure role players, but totally miss any connection with their homestone, caste or tribe and change role as we change a dress.
She smiled. "I have grown fond of the smell of bosk," said she. Kamchak smiled. He held his hand to the girl. "Ride with me, Aphris of Turia," said Kamchak of the Tuchuks. Image
Sasi

Postby Sasi » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:08 am

Actually, Aphris, I think the G&S system is more for gamers. And if most of your online time is spent in producing G&S items, you have less time to role play, explore your character, other people's characters and write storylines with your RP partners. In this sim, if you are captured, from their rules, your ransom must be paid with some system coins or G&S items even if your IC relatives or allies don't RP there...

Finally, it's like those people who spend much of their time in metered fights as in GE sims. At the end, the time you commit in role playing your character and involving him in a story get limited.
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:25 pm

It's not my thing, but I know some people have a lot of fun with that stuff, so rock on with your bad self. Nice to see it as an option, and wish you the best of luck. :)
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/

Return to “Fort Haskins”