:: Port of Hesius ::

TreatRothschild
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius

Re: :: Port of Hesius ::

Postby TreatRothschild » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:48 am

Never said they were, Love. :)
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Oor
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Postby Oor » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:20 pm

TreatRothschild wrote:Never said they were, Love. :)

Oh. I know you didn't.
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
TreatRothschild

Postby TreatRothschild » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:18 am

Continuing to have a blast as one of the Magistrates of Hesius. Had some fun, light RP last night with Dove and Drago which resulted in me getting bubbled and Dove dragging us both to the infirmary for a stitching and telling off.

I also appear to not be making many friends among the Green caste.
Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:18 pm

TreatRothschild wrote:Continuing to have a blast as one of the Magistrates of Hesius. Had some fun, light RP last night with Dove and Drago which resulted in me getting bubbled and Dove dragging us both to the infirmary for a stitching and telling off.

I also appear to not be making many friends among the Green caste.

I bet you're up to no good. :)
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
TreatRothschild

Postby TreatRothschild » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:19 pm

I think I pissed off an Initiate too.
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:04 pm

I love exploring this sim, wandering through the gardens, some of the best intimate outdoor spaces I've ever seen in SL, and there are a lot of great people playing in Hesius, too.

But I'll admit to having trouble getting started there. I popped in once as a slave character, found two nice folks to roleplay briefly with, a Pani she-urt and a slave girl.

After giving it some thought, I decided to try to play a FW, a slaver of all things, to really stretch my 'chops' so to speak and give me some interesting ways to interact with free and slave characters. And popped in another couple of times. And to my surprise have been rather aggressively ignored when posting, even when posting directly to people asking them questions- I've had 5+ different people either not respond (possibly AFK) or even worse, not respond and walk off without reacting in any way to posts that were directed at them.

Once or twice I could write off as 'maybe they didn't catch my post?' but after several times now, starting to wonder- is it that hard to get going in Hesius? Or is it just me? Should I try playing a slave again? I'm honestly surprised at being ignored on a FW character, I guess I am less surprised when on a slave character, I sorta expect them to be ignored at some points because that mindset is epidemic in SL Gorean RP, but didn't know you could just as easily be ignored on a FW character. Admittedly, the folks I'm running into for the most part seem to be...well...really outdated avatars, nobody I recognize, really- but I try to play with whoever I stumble across, and these are the people I'm running into in the public places.

Anyone got any clues for me? I'm genuinely not sure if it's me or the sim, so asking for advice/tips on how to get going here.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
TreatRothschild

Postby TreatRothschild » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:52 pm

To be honest, Tamar, I walked around and checked the minimap to see if there was anyone I knew around. Otherwise, I just walked up to someone and started talking.
Melisande
SL Name: Melisande
Caste: Warrior
Role: Ubara
Home Stone: Ar

Postby Melisande » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:46 pm

Well, that's really discouraging to hear that folks are just ignoring your RP. I would contact Orcobal Resident in-world to see if you could connect with him to set up some RP. Or me of course. But you shouldn't have to make an OOC connection just to step into some RP. I'm honestly baffled as to why someone would not actually RP with you. You're a terrific role-player, and I've gotten nonstop comments from folks that there's spontaneous RP going on everywhere, people I don't even know. We do have some chronic afk-ers, and perhaps a reminder needs to go out to folks not to afk in the open RP areas without marking yourself as such. Don't give up :)
Esse quam videri - To be rather than appear to be.
Harlequin
SL Name: Harlequin Salome
Caste: Scripter
Role: Guy Who Stares In Confusion
Home Stone: Blender, mostly.

Postby Harlequin » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:47 pm

Going to be honest, and I know that often gets me in trouble.

I'm finding the sim pretty in terms of build, if a bit confusing. The RP is... inconsistent. We had a great RP with a slave who was funny and interesting, but we also saw a bunch of machinegunned one liners and other strange stuff... a naked male slave in nadu next to a free woman in public, an unveiled FW and her slave both wearing pirate hats, and other strangeness.

I won't say the sim is bad, just its really hard to tell if it's BtB, GE, or what the aim is. I know what the website and your posts here say, but the reality seems somewhat more scattered right now so it's hard to feel grounded. That said, our RP last night was really fun and the first really enjoyable scene I think me and Tamar have had in a very long time.
There used to be a gif here. It was awesome. But it's gone now.
Manon Seid
SL Name: Manon Seid
Role: Mostly gone building mesh
Home Stone: Isle of Sin

Postby Manon Seid » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:10 am

I was there as a visitor a few times and had good rp. First time i was part of a crowd visiting and i guess looking back i did not interact that much with locals or other visitors and more with the people that came with me. In the end Hesius was involved though and i can only say i had a great time there. Next time i went alone. Granted i did im a person i found standing around then to ask if she was up for a scene and it went great from there. I find in a sim with this many people i prefer to im someone first when i go alone. Just a line to setup the scene i am looking for and to hear if they are interested. It seems to work.

I see Harlekins comments about people not being btb. But with a sim with this success and this much traffic, i seriously think it's impossible to control down to what kind of hats people are wearing. The owners and moderators would be busy full time nagging people instead of letting rp hopefully flow. I dont know. Letting too much slip and it will go GE because of visitors not caring to keep up the standards. But being too strict will kill creative ideas that might develop into something awsome. I guess i am on the laissefaire side of moderation and after so many years in SL Gor i have gotten excellent at ignoring stuff that don't fit into my personal rather strict interpretation of btb Gor.

Hesius seems to have gone with a short list of rules hoping that people will keep up standards of btb and be adults about roleplay. I support that hope even if there are cases where it's clear that that hope gets shattered when idiots ahem newbies err some individuals don't care much about the lore but more about their pretty and unusual pixels standing out to get attention.
A Demon Sin - Thanks for the gift Judas

Return to “Port of Hesius”