SL Name: Erik Fyanucci
Caste: It's complicated
Role: Laugh-master
Home Stone: Reality
AkA: Ari Blackthorne

Re: :: Port of Hesius ::

Postby Erik » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:12 pm

Wow.

It's amazing what has become of this thread. The people who know me for years already know I don't softball my points of view, so for the rest of you: fasten your seat-belts:

Regarding homosexual characters in Gor: ANYTHING is possible in Gor just as it is in Real life - we see it in the news all the time. So bring yo homosexual ass on. I'll role play with you. Chances are I'll do everything I can to put you into a collar, but bring it on. THAT is how it's done in IC Gor. Role play anything you want: BUT be prepared to face the IC consequences of that role play. Melisande has been preaching that very thing for years. And I'm with her and all others who follow that paradigm.

Now, before anyone gets their panties all bunched-up - that is my IC Character's attitude. As for my real life attitude about it: It's no one's business. However I will publicly say and proclaim none of it bothers me a bit. Just don't try to force it down my throat; live and let live I like to practice. Whether you believe me or not does't matter to me.

As for the banning of anyone on the sim: as they say: you had to be there. I was't there and neither were most of the people in this forum save one and that's only one side of the story. Seriously people: truth is lost on all sides of every story. Someone admitting to being banned is not going to divulge the entire story, especially anything they have knowingly done wrong. Sim-banning is due to rule-breaking plain and simple. I have no doubt whatsoever in my mind that the offenders were warned because I know of no admin past or present who wants to ban anyone. The admins want more people to come, not to be kicking people out. Put on a little deductive reasoning already.

Enough of the nonsense, people. Seriously, there are better things to discuss about this sim or Gor in general.

As for any 'pretty-boy' coming into the sim: bring yo ass on. I can use the money I make when I sell that ass to the slaver. Because that's how it happens in "by the books" Gor. And everyone here knows that already. Full stop.
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:25 pm

Why would you collar a gay, in Gor? I don't get it.... Where is homsexuality listed as a collarable offense, in books?
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:12 pm

Sasi wrote:Why would you collar a gay, in Gor? I don't get it.... Where is homsexuality listed as a collarable offense, in books?

The character in question was, as far as I know, a slave character, so I think he was referring to that.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Sasi

Postby Sasi » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:00 am

Leah wrote:
Sasi wrote:Why would you collar a gay, in Gor? I don't get it.... Where is homsexuality listed as a collarable offense, in books?

The character in question was, as far as I know, a slave character, so I think he was referring to that.

You cannot collar a slave, he/she is already collared. I was refering to this comment:

Erik wrote:Regarding homosexual characters in Gor: ANYTHING is possible in Gor just as it is in Real life - we see it in the news all the time. So bring yo homosexual ass on. I'll role play with you. Chances are I'll do everything I can to put you into a collar, but bring it on. THAT is how it's done in IC Gor. Role play anything you want: BUT be prepared to face the IC consequences of that role play. Melisande has been preaching that very thing for years. And I'm with her and all others who follow that paradigm.

It can be Erik's IC attitude, but still, in Gor, you cannot pull out a collar and enslave anyone, just because you think it suits your char's personality.

There is no mention in books of homosexuality like a collarable offense. Appanius in Magicians was known having no interest in women and fond of Milo, his slave that he almost treated as a free man, which upset the men of his houses, envious because the slave's privileges, but not once, he was in danger of being collared, nor it was suggested that his preferences could make end him in collar.

Also, I don't even remember a quote where Appanius was frowned upon... I tend to think that homsexuality if Gor is quite rare, still, Goreans don't even give a shit when they know about a man who is not attracted by women and obviously in love with his male slave...
Erik
SL Name: Erik Fyanucci
Caste: It's complicated
Role: Laugh-master
Home Stone: Reality
AkA: Ari Blackthorne

Postby Erik » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:18 am

Sasi - you tend to take things too literally.

My "I'll collar your ass" is simply a statement to indicate the following: "I don't care who or what you are supposed to be, I will still role play with you anyway, though my role play with you will be by the books whether your role play with me at the same time is or is not by the books and, hence, there may be consequences that come from that and you'd better be prepared to accept those consequences as long as those consequences fall within the proper genre of theme and sim rules."

There, I've dummed-it-down for you to help you understand the context of what I was trying to say. However, because people rarely read a "wall-of-text" post I simply truncated it as an example in a hypothetical to help keep it pithy, it was not a direct reference to the specific individual about whom this major mountain that's barely a molehill of a thread this has turned into.

There. Are you placated, yet? Ironic since I know better than to even try.

//facepalm
Sasi

Postby Sasi » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:02 pm

Usually, when people want to make clear they will go with the RP, they just say something like this: "I will go with the RP" or "I will follow the RP", etc, and not "Chances are I'll do everything I can to put you into a collar".....

There is a difference between stating you will follow the RP and telling your RP partners about your character's intentions, even before you started a scene with them....

I guess that most people can easily understand something like "Whatever your character, I will go with the RP but be aware that my actions will be by the books".

Just sayin'...
Vector
Site Admin
SL Name: Vector

Postby Vector » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:14 pm

Can I suggest that one of you opens a new topic entitled 'Homosexual Characters in Gor" so that the bulk of this specific Hesius content can be split and moved to it.
If you see something broken on these boards send me a PM please.
TreatRothschild
SL Name: I'm Treat Dammit!
Role: Magistrate and Love Cthulhu
Home Stone: Hesius

Postby TreatRothschild » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:22 pm

Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.

Return to “Port of Hesius”