New Mesh Head- Project Bento enabled

A place to discuss what works best, looks best, and loads best when it comes to the world of Bodies and Clothing.
Oor
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Re: New Mesh Head- Project Bento enabled

Postby Oor » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:25 pm

She looks like I remember Manon looking!

I think bento heads will probably get "normal" very fast. I'm really interested in what creators are gonna come up with as far as clothing etc goes, though.
Last edited by Oor on Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
Oor

Postby Oor » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:27 pm

To share from Flickr - use the share button, select BBcode, select what size you want (mine are Medium 496 x 500 for reference), then copy and paste the code.
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
Manon Seid
SL Name: Manon Seid
Role: Mostly gone building mesh
Home Stone: Isle of Sin

Postby Manon Seid » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:44 pm

Thanks Oor :)

It's been a challenge finding a replacement for her old frizzy flexi hair. Nothing mesh looked remotely like Manon when I stuck it on her. But finally this came out and it comes at least sorta close though it looks more "cute" and less "Wild forest women". Oh well. The joys of upgrading avatars. The mesh head came as close as I could get it to good old Manon. She's not dead yet! :D
A Demon Sin - Thanks for the gift Judas
Oor

Postby Oor » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:11 pm

Soooo to be offtopic...

There's a hair at Vanity Hair called Say My Name that might work. Some of Tableau Vivant's frizzy textures on a few of their styles might do it (Foxtrot comes to mind). And failing those, Analog Dog's curly textures can look good, though they still use flexi pieces in conjunction with mesh (which I don't mind but YMMV).

Flix
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:19 am

Oor wrote:I totally do not get Cumberbatch's appeal. Love him as an actor but... yeah. No.

Don't tell him though, I'm sure he'll be devastated.

Catwa released another pic though, and it looks MUCH better. I might be biased because I love L'etre's dude skins.

ImageDaniel Bento Head [Soon] by Catwa Clip, on Flickr

Ok, yeah- I'm with you on that, this one looks much better.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:23 am

Manon Seid wrote:Wops I was not being fair to the Eve head there. There IS actually a way to edit the size of the teeth and when that is done they will fit nicely to wider mouths. Sorry about that. A new update came to the head as I was preparing for this post so there's definitely some developing going on there. The pic here is of the slightly older version from a few days back.

So this is the result of a LOT of fiddling with the Eve Bento mesh head. I am not entirely happy about it but for now it will do for Manon. The Altamura Bento mesh head is on the Celestine builder alt. I am too lazy to log her in today so a pic of that some other day.

Not entirely sure if this is working but here goes:

► Show Spoiler

Bah it don't work. How do I share a pic from Flickr?

Edit: Wooot thanks Oor - now it works :)

Daaaamn, that is a really pretty face and profile there, nice job!
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Qingwen
SL Name: Akane Nacht

Postby Qingwen » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:09 am

hmm those Eve ones are nice.. and on sale.
I finally succumbed :shifty:
"Who are you people?!" - Patrick Star
Manon Seid

Postby Manon Seid » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:05 pm

Thank you Tamar and thank you Oor too :) And just for the record you look like a goddess in that Bento mesh head Oor :)

I have been fiddling this week with a male Bento mesh head. It was actually surprisingly easy to get the base parts working - now how to get it animated... And added alpha layers and make up layers and huds and all that fancy scripty stuff might be more complicated. On top of that Gaia has been stating in the Avastar group that she wont be supporting the current Avastar 2 until it's properly released sometime in the near future. So creating stuff for Bento at the moment using Avastar 2 might kick creators butt in the near future if we don't wait for the coming release. Oh well it's still fun playing with the thing. This here was made to fit the TMP body for now:

► Show Spoiler

Unfortunately I fucked up the file today. Sooo back to the drawing board to re-rig the damn thing hah!
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:09 pm

Is that your own work Manon? It's looking good for your first Bento head!

I've been watching some videos on Bento animating with Avastar 2, will get into it this weekend.
Manon Seid

Postby Manon Seid » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:51 pm

Yea that's my own work. Not the skin though, I made the thing Omega compatible. I was curious as to how hard it would be to make. I know mesh clothing fitted to various bodies can be a pain in the ass even before Bento. But this head was actually fairly cooperative.

Return to “The Body Shop”