New Mesh Head- Project Bento enabled

A place to discuss what works best, looks best, and loads best when it comes to the world of Bodies and Clothing.
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Re: New Mesh Head- Project Bento enabled

Postby Tantus » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:06 pm

Boon have a couple of Bento gloves out, a cheap substitute for anyone without Bento hands! But it still needs a Bento AO to make use of it.

Niramyth are retiring their Aesthetic bodies, to release a new Bento head/body in 2017. Supposedly to be compatible with the "5 standard sizing", but is that still a thing? Anything Mesh I've bought of late comes in TMP/SLINK/Signature and a standard size. Even FitMesh seems to have fizzled out.

The Catwa Catya heads I've seen around are kinda distinctive so far. But with Maitreya bodies and Catwa heads being the most commonly used by females, I'd recommend anyone building a new av to avoid those altogether. Belleza and Slink bodies are rarely encountered, that adds to it when you do see one!
Oor
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Postby Oor » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:07 pm

Tantus wrote:The Catwa Catya heads I've seen around are kinda distinctive so far. But with Maitreya bodies and Catwa heads being the most commonly used by females, I'd recommend anyone building a new av to avoid those altogether. Belleza and Slink bodies are rarely encountered, that adds to it when you do see one!

The main reason I use Maitreya is because it's the most widely catered to, which, after using TMP for some time, is just such a beautiful thing.
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:31 pm

I am no expert, but I'd guess that it would make sense to wait a while before getting this bento stuff. I am fairly sure other creators must still be working hard on their own bento-body-parts and, from what I heard, this stuff is kind of expensive. Might be a wider selection to chose from, soon.
Brigid
SL Name: Brigid Alenquer
Home Stone: Skerry of Heilagr

Postby Brigid » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:02 pm

Atelier Pepe is supposedly working on a bento head. Apparently it will be omega compatible without the requirement of a relay hud and you will be able to use your existing omega appliers. For someone who uses a logo head with a maitreya body giddy up!

Agree with Oor maitreya is the most catered too, plus I like the way the ass sits. Hence go to body.
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:35 am

I'm such a noob, sometimes....

I was wondering if my skin designer would release the appliers for the Bento hands... But in fact, since I have already its Omega appliers, Ibought the Omega Vista Mesh appliers and applied my skin on the hands. Works perfectly.

Just, of course, now, all my rings, all mesh nails from formanails, and other accessories for fingers, which are not rigged / fitted meshes, as you imagine...... *cries*
Caranda
SL Name: Caranda Schreiner
Role: slave
Owner: Brigette Wade

Postby Caranda » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:36 am

I've never been a fan of the standard mesh heads largely because of the whole clone thing and because I think that (unlike the bodies) the SL heads are not bad and I treasure my individual look.

But I am excited about bento if it gives me the opportunity to represent my SL slider head in nicer smoother graphics. So far I have tried the Simone demo, which I liked but couldn't make look enough like my SL head to make the change worthwhile and the Catwa demo which I couldn't get anything useful out of because the demo is (deliberately) missing large chunks of the face.
It is regarded as right to enslave a natural slave
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:07 pm

Glaucon wrote:I am no expert, but I'd guess that it would make sense to wait a while before getting this bento stuff. I am fairly sure other creators must still be working hard on their own bento-body-parts and, from what I heard, this stuff is kind of expensive. Might be a wider selection to chose from, soon.

You'll never be a fashionista with that attitude! ;)

It seems like sound logic, until you consider the initial Mesh rollout. TMP first released in 2014(?), they're sill selling the same Heads and Bodies today. I hadn't bothered with Mesh before as I've not been involved in any serious RP needing an avatar update, until summer 2016. Had I updated an avatar in 2014, it probably would be using the same TMP head I settled on 2 years later. So being an early adopter will give you the best value over the lifetime of that product.

Some new items will release at an introductory offer, like the female GL Eva Bento Head at 3500L

And there's the vanity factor of updating to the latest releases. Even if the Catwa head is 10k for the full package, I don't blame these young women for jumping aboard. I would switch to a Bento head too if there was anything tempting.

► Show Spoiler

The male choices are between a Conan and a public schoolboy impression by Akeruka. But both of these are just under 3k which is entirely reasonable for the first male Bento heads on the market. I think Catwa Justin heads are in their Bento beta? I would personally avoid them as half the grid are using Catwa heads.

And that's what I meant about Maitreya bodies above, there's nothing wrong with them and I understand the convenience. For someone making a new av and trying to decide between Maitreya, Slink and Belleza. Then keep in mind 90% of female bodies in use are from Maitreya, for good reason! But it's also a very standard look now.
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:19 pm

Tantus wrote:You'll never be a fashionista with that attitude! ;).

Aw. (I don't especially like shopping for clothes in RL either, so that figures.)

Tantus wrote:Then keep in mind 90% of female bodies in use are from Maitreya, for good reason! But it's also a very standard look now.

I noticed that. I know some that stick to other bodies, Slink, TMP, Toxic (Tonic?) for that reason, even if they have less outfits to pick from.
Manon Seid
SL Name: Manon Seid
Role: Mostly gone building mesh
Home Stone: Isle of Sin

Postby Manon Seid » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:03 pm

Tonic for the win! :D

And exactly for that very reason Glaucon. I am against Maitreya - simply because it's so widely used and it's so damn hard to get the mesh creators kit for it. I am sick and tired of having to kneel to hot shot creators in SL to be allowed to spend hours and hours of hard work creating my own products so they fit theirs...pft.

Tonics creator is a very nice and very helpful lady and she let me have the mesh kit to her bodies with no issues whatsoever so I can create my own clothing for that. She even helped me testing out my first mesh thing I made for it the other day. So Yay! And besides all that it's Omega friendly, my favorite skin maker Lumae works with the Tonic creator so the skins comes preinstalled with the body and I like how natural the boobs on the curvy body looks.
A Demon Sin - Thanks for the gift Judas
Oor
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Postby Oor » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:11 pm

Looks like Catwa's bento for dudes will be out soon.

ImageDaniel Bento Head [Soon] by Catwa Clip, on Flickr
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix

Return to “The Body Shop”