New Mesh Head- Project Bento enabled

A place to discuss what works best, looks best, and loads best when it comes to the world of Bodies and Clothing.
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

New Mesh Head- Project Bento enabled

Postby Tamar Luminos » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:22 pm

New World Notes: First Bento Mesh Heads Available to Demo in Second Life

Just saw this- apparently this is the first mesh head that's compatible with the recent Project Bento update that added new bones to the SL avatar skeleton. It mean that soon we'll be seeing mesh heads that respond to most, if not all of the facial sliders that the system head does, for more customization of the mesh heads. This one isn't available on the main grid yet, but I imagine it will be soon, it's by Akeruka. Check out the video at the link if you're interested. I think it's pretty cool myself. I love mesh heads, wear 'em all the time now and like the thought of being able to customize them more. Now if only we could get multiple makeup layers on one attachment point!
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Manon Seid
SL Name: Manon Seid
Role: Mostly gone building mesh
Home Stone: Isle of Sin

Re: New Mesh Head- Project Bento enabled

Postby Manon Seid » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:22 am

There's also this one (Strawberry Sings review). A customizeable mesh head with a demo to play around with and an expensive full version to export full mod collada files to SL. Not Bento compatible (i think??) and I am not entirely sure if it's Omega friendly. But it's still a pretty interesting concept.

MP link
A Demon Sin - Thanks for the gift Judas
Oor
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Postby Oor » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:59 am

I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:19 am

Finally, mesh heads that don't make women look like a clone attack anymore.
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:43 am

Anarch Allegiere wrote:Finally, mesh heads that don't make women look like a clone attack anymore.

Yes, with Bento, many women will again be able to make ugly faces in messing with their shape :mrgreen:
Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Postby Cassie » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:26 pm

Sasi wrote:
Anarch Allegiere wrote:Finally, mesh heads that don't make women look like a clone attack anymore.

Yes, with Bento, many women will again be able to make ugly faces in messing with their shape :mrgreen:

I think women with poor taste still do a shit job with mesh heads combining wrong tones with the body or simply poor skin that look ugly, can't never fully heal a blind.
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:29 pm

A browse through SL this week is showing some Bento heads, but I couldn't tell the difference from regular Mesh except for some wiggly eyebrow effects. The faces still have that cloned feel.

The skin/applier is definitely the most important factor of a Mesh head. When Mesh heads came out, a whole lot of women were using a model from I think, Lelutka. The problem was, it had these gremlin like features. And they were everywhere... it's the head you dreaded your RP partner would adopt. All I can say about this is, if you ladies have any love for your avatar, don't let her look like a gremlin!

Then I saw the same gremlin head with a third-party applier on, tanned and detailed and still one of the hottest mesh avs I've seen. Just like with system avs, the right skin changes everything.

Anyone going Mesh shouldn't settle with the plain default appliers, that becomes a clone.

https://youtu.be/13RWzLwDdkk

There are people out there excited about their new Bento hands, but in regular AO use that finger wiggling is as gimmicky as Bento brow-wiggles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKZSME9y1MU

I wasn't expecting Bento clothing. Maybe flexi/flowing Bento hair is on the horizon too?
Glaucon

Postby Glaucon » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:25 pm

The conclusion from the above? It is a good thing women didn't design the female body. :popcorn:
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:39 pm

I noticed the return of the faces with low positioned corner down mouths and tiny chins, on mesh heads, now :?

Else, I'm not overly enthusiastic... I tried the Catwa Bento and noticed that the eyelids can deform badly with the movements of the eyes.... And the price, if you want the full animation hud.. 10K...

I like my current Catwa head, but I will continue to try the Bento one with different appliers, and who knows...

For now, I hope that my skin designer will release the appliers for the Vista Bento hands...!
Oor
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Postby Oor » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:47 pm

I've bought the Bento hands because I'm a bit mental. I also bought the Catwa and Lelutka bento heads. I was kinda hating on them both, but after taking some time to fiddle around properly tonight with appliers and sliders, the Catwa (I haven't tried Lelutka properly yet, but it does seem to suffer from the same old clonejaw issue) at least has grown on me.

This is my favourite look so far with it:

I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix

Return to “The Body Shop”