SLINK Hourglass or Maitreya Lara

A place to discuss what works best, looks best, and loads best when it comes to the world of Bodies and Clothing.
Kaitlin
SL Name: Kaitlin Eiren
Caste: RL ATM

SLINK Hourglass or Maitreya Lara

Postby Kaitlin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:58 pm

Funny that it would be a body that brought me back to SL rather than Gor :o
A month ago when I started doing research I was pretty set on the "Lara". But now I've got a friend that has been raving about the SLINK Hourglass. I've finally decided to make my avi over and bring her up to date and I'm torn between these two. Any thoughts? Pros/Cons? I thought I'd ask the gorean community since being naked all the time as a slave or fitting in FW clothing are unique challenges.

Thx
Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.

Once upon a time... Kait
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Re: SLINK Hourglass or Maitreya Lara

Postby Leah » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:39 pm

I haven't had a chance to look at Hourglass, but I love Maitreya's feet. :S
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:44 pm

Welcome back, Kait!

I didn't try the new SLink, but I will, though, my favorite, so far, is still TMP. The shopping hud is a pain, it's expensive, but I love the curves (especially breasts), the original TMP skin and I expect that the soon released update will correct some issues.

The Belleza body is not bad neither, 3 versions.

If you try the hourglass body, please, post pics!
Manon Seid
SL Name: Manon Seid
Role: Mostly gone building mesh
Home Stone: Isle of Sin

Postby Manon Seid » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:04 am

I am sold on the TMP too, for the same reasons. I am starting to consider finding something else though since the closed concept is starting to really get on my nerves. Not many make shoes for the foot type i prefer - they are all for the "ouch" shape. And to get the alpha to fit is a pain - especially since there are no way of saving alpha shapes on the damn thing.

I applied as a creator for their body, that way i can make my own shoes and stop being annoyed of the lack of products. But I suspect you won't get into that trade unless you know someone important. So i got a no. Pft. I'll reverse engineer then - which only adds to my annoyance :(

Perhaps i should just build my own body HAH! ...Nah i am too lazy for that.

We could use a review thread here with the present mesh bodies and body parts around in SL - male and female really. Lots has happened.
A Demon Sin - Thanks for the gift Judas
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:27 am

There's a couple of good reviews of the Hourglass shape I've read:

http://strawberrysingh.com/2015/10/26/slink-physique-hourglass-mesh-body/

http://juicybomb.com/2015/10/25/slink-physique-hourglass/

I love how it looks, but I'm not ready to sink the money into a new mesh bod just yet. I'm pretty happy with the Maitreya- it's HUD and the amount of clothing and shoes made for it, though I would love for them to come out with a similarly curvy body.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:09 pm

Manon Seid wrote:I am sold on the TMP too, for the same reasons. I am starting to consider finding something else though since the closed concept is starting to really get on my nerves. Not many make shoes for the foot type i prefer - they are all for the "ouch" shape. And to get the alpha to fit is a pain - especially since there are no way of saving alpha shapes on the damn thing.

I applied as a creator for their body, that way i can make my own shoes and stop being annoyed of the lack of products. But I suspect you won't get into that trade unless you know someone important. So i got a no. Pft. I'll reverse engineer then - which only adds to my annoyance :(

Perhaps i should just build my own body HAH! ...Nah i am too lazy for that.

We could use a review thread here with the present mesh bodies and body parts around in SL - male and female really. Lots has happened.

Yes, there are less shoes for TMP, but if not rigged, easy to adapt. As for being a creator, I guess you need to have already a store and sell 25 items, which is stupid.

I stay with TMP because I love the skin sold with the body and its options (pussy, cleavages, many tones), and as I know wear their head, I love the possibility of wearing a different skin for the head while keeping the original body skin, because the neck blender option on body and head. Absolutely no seam on the neck, whatever the windlights. With the Lelutka head, even in wearing the same skin for both body and head, I had a seam at the neck.

I really love the curves of the Hourglass, But I would like to see how are the breasts, when bare, on the reviews... I didn't like those of the first SLink body....
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:16 am

Kaitlin wrote:Funny that it would be a body that brought me back to SL rather than Gor :o

Now that's something I can relate to!

From what little I've seen of the Hourglass demo, I'd say Maitreya is still the way to go purely from an aesthetic perspective.

Manon Seid wrote:And to get the alpha to fit is a pain - especially since there are no way of saving alpha shapes on the damn thing.

I've no experience of how the body/HUD works for you, but couldn't you make a copy of the parts and drop them into a folder with your shoes? It's how I'm building outfits with the Niramyth mesh, each folder has its own uniquely alpha'd body parts thrown in.
Manon Seid
SL Name: Manon Seid
Role: Mostly gone building mesh
Home Stone: Isle of Sin

Postby Manon Seid » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:39 am

Tantus wrote: I've no experience of how the body/HUD works for you, but couldn't you make a copy of the parts and drop them into a folder with your shoes? It's how I'm building outfits with the Niramyth mesh, each folder has its own uniquely alpha'd body parts thrown in.

Yes thats my only option as it is now if i want to avoid the clicktety click game every time i wear a new outfit.

It wont solve my problem with finding shoes for the shape though. Sometimes i can be lucky and find shoes with no-name feet attached thats not rigged and with plenty of cursing and fiddling with skin coloring huds i can sorta make those fit. But usually those are older designs and the fitting is never perfect.

At this point i wear the mesh body sometimes...when i have matching shoes and outfits that won't have too many bodyparts sticking through it. Just as often i go with the oldfashioned classic SL shape if most of my body is covered in mesh clothes anyway. With that constellation i can just use my slink feet and hands and all is good in the world then. I got the designers shapes for those so i can make my own shoes should i feel like it. :D
A Demon Sin - Thanks for the gift Judas
Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Postby Cassie » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:45 pm

I do the same as Manon the clickety click just really gives me more carpal tunnel than anything else in SL can.
The alpha HUD on Slink and Belleza make my head spin making the Maitreya a choice on that matter and because designers are piling up around the body with their Maitreya auto alpha clothes preferences.

Slink Hourglass is perfect for some people but not for me, I like plump but the problem I have with that shape is the ass comes up way too high for my taste. I can put a tray on it for how over perked it is.
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.

Return to “The Body Shop”