The new makeover thread

A place to discuss what works best, looks best, and loads best when it comes to the world of Bodies and Clothing.
Danika Stenvaag
SL Name: Danika Stenvaag
Caste: Panther
Role: Valkyrie Torva Chieftess
Home Stone: Valkyrie Forest

Re: The new makeover thread

Postby Danika Stenvaag » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:14 pm

Anarch Allegiere wrote:Someone took this picture of my avatar a while ago...
System head by the way. Body, hands, ears (not in the last picture) etc are mesh

Those are nice pictures Anarch. Sorry about your eye. Lighting is very nice too. You're not nude but still, very nice. Finally, we get someone else to step up and "show" their pictures instead of just having advertisements and a lot of words written on this thread! You got the ball rolling Anarch, good job ;)
What is hidden in snow, is revealed at thaw. ~ Viking proverb

http://www.valkyriepanthers.com
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:44 am

Danika Stenvaag wrote:Finally, we get someone else to step up and "show" their pictures instead of just having advertisements and a lot of words written on this thread! You got the ball rolling Anarch, good job ;)

Ah, Sasi always has some of the best looking avatars, as do many of the women on this forum.

It's the usual controversial correlation I make, the people that put a lot of effort and thought into their roleplay also end up doing the same for their avatars.

(Not to say my avatar is amazing, either).

And she is right in pointing out your forum exhibitionism. As to advertisements that seems a bit of a pot-kettle-black case to me, Danika. How is Valkyrie Forest doing? Did Duncan Jones contact you to direct a movie yet? :fryingpan:
Danika Stenvaag

Postby Danika Stenvaag » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:19 am

Ok, lucky I saw a news brief on Duncan Jones and Warcraft: The Beginning, or I'd have no idea what you were talking about. As for your film question, I have nothing to do with films. I have no interest in filmmaking. My father works at Warner Bros. I'm now in grad school at UCSB for geography http://www.ucsb.edu/ and during the school year I can go surfing before class (campus is next to the sea). As I explained before, I kept a journal inworld for my Valkyrie adventures. My Father hates gor and my playing on gor. I get no money or support for my SL expenses and sim from my family. He did like my journal which was just a lot of scribbling about Valkyrie in my opinion, but they really liked the concept. So a proof of concept was made inhouse and Warner Bros. optioned it. Again, I didn't write a book or script and I have nothing to do with the project. What will become of it I don't know. It could take 10 years, 20 years, before they go into development and production but it has nothing more to do with me. Maybe a few decades out, you'll be hobbling into a 7/11 on your walker to pick up a cold drink and see the blue and red V feathers emblazoned on the side of your cup for Valkyrie and whisper, I'll be damned. And maybe I'll be long dead eaten by a shark on one of my surfing trips. Who am I to say? I've dreamt I would die young.

You asked how Valkyrie Forest is doing. Ok, I'll bite. You'll probably want to write: tl;dr... but here's the skinny... Valkyrie Forest sim is still going strong, doing very well and continues to get more people and traffic than Skerry of Einar and a lot of other raid and BtB sims; one of the busiest sims in gor. Valkyrie Forest sim is 5 years old. Valkyrie Torva Panthers are well over 7 years old and the biggest tribe in gor. Traffic is important to me because I've never had to pay a dime out of my own purse for the sim tiers in the 5 years of its existence. People that visit our sim, residents, and members of the tribe all have donated to the sim tier. So for me, traffic is very real, financially tangible, and important as it supports the sim completely. For the past couple years, traffic climbed above the 20,000s and regularly hit 30,000 to 40,000s so I was often running several months of surplus funds for the tier as a buffer... Blessings to all the kind people that have donated to Valkyrie. But for the first time in a year and a half, traffic fell below 20k over the past two days hovering between upper 18k and 19k. Could be an SL downward trend, or it could be us. If traffic continues to dip and people stop donating the entire monthly tier total, I would have to close the forest down. I recently closed down Valkyrie Bay, the sim east of us, which was a quiet northern/Viking themed fishing village used as a residential and roleplay sim. I could no longer manage two sims. Am just too busy in real life. I own and run Valkyrie Forest by proxy now. I asked a friend to take over the sim region and I own it in the land group. This frees me to get on with my life. She has no money so I handle all donations on a management alt (looks like me) and give her the money for the tier. Other people manage the day to day affairs and I come in for the big issues. Sim CEO ;)

You recently started up a new group and a new sim and announced all your grand plans, rules and regulations on the SL-Gor.com forum and I tried to gently and tactfully warn you it will fall flat in a month if you don't change course and take a different approach. Maybe my advice was tl;dr or you just didn't care for my advice, but you did it your way and your sim lasted exactly... one month. You announced its closure on the forum a month after you announced the sim opening and your group recruitment guidelines. And you said in so many words you didn't care you were going to go off and roleplay your own way. I am sorry your sim and group closed. Success is hard to come by, and it takes a lot of work, social skill, a hook, and being flexible and nice to people, able to accommodate and meet people halfway. There is no room for any sim owner to run things with passive aggressiveness or doing things exactly their way or the group and the sim will fail... unless they have bags of their own money they don't mind dumping down the drain every month and sitting on an empty sim.

I know what I'm doing. Which is why we are successful. I don't mean to say this to be snarky. I can't afford to be that way and it's not who I am. You don't want to be that way either. A big lesson in running a group and sim is to learn to listen. You can show off here on the forums, but inworld, you have to be humble and listen to people.

I think everyone on this forum should not be ashamed to advertise and show off a bit so long as they do it with kindness to other people and are willing to take turns and share and listen to others as well. If you have a nice avi, a nice sim, a successful group, an interesting story to tell, some fun roleplay on a notecard, this is the place to share it.

Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:40 am

You're definitely a forum exhibitionist, Danika. You should write a soap opera about your wonderful life....

And please, stop bragging about your sim. The worst Gor sims are those which last for years and it's not difficult to get some traffic when you're a pew pew place, accept everyone (with so many outdated avatars which would be refused in most other GE sims which at least care for visual enjoyment as well) with still a bunch of afk avatars to keep that traffic decent enough.....
Oor
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Postby Oor » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:08 pm

I don't have a full body pic, but I just use TMP body with the shops applier, so nothing special really.

ImageLarl 2 by Oor Breen, on Flickr
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
Kismet Reyes
SL Name: Scorn Eternal
Caste: Lost it
Role: Slave
Home Stone: About
AkA: Kismet Reyes

Postby Kismet Reyes » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:02 am

My current main avatar, with a mesh mouth.

Kismet Reyes
SL Name: Scorn Eternal
Caste: Lost it
Role: Slave
Home Stone: About
AkA: Kismet Reyes

Postby Kismet Reyes » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:56 pm

I've always been a bit grossed out by mesh heads feeling they're a bit too cloned looking. But a friend of mine showed me some pictures of an applier for the catwa heads and I liked it so much I had to try and get into the event selling it. 30-50 tp attempts later I made it onto the sim and then I spent the better part of an hour trying the demo applier on the demo catwa heads I'd brought with me. I was convinced enough to buy the mesh head and one of the catwa appliers. I've since changed appliers for my mesh head on my FW alt and customised the head with freckles as well. I've not seen anyone that looks like they have the exact same configoration as me yet and the cutsie look is very me.

I apologise for my limited Gyazo abilities.

https://gyazo.com/f3cac2709a3b92cb4c4cfd94daaa3922https://gyazo.com/6e8d862a8b86c812dae95147046bf48f
FeorieFrimon
SL Name: Feorie Frimon

Postby FeorieFrimon » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:55 pm

NSFW: Some of these are nudes....

Catwa Jessica Head and TMP Body. I'd have to look up the skin and the appliers, but I know it has freckles.

My big complaint with the TMP body....you have to have a huge booty. Mine is set at 0 and Fe -still- has 'junk in the trunk'.
Danika Stenvaag

Postby Danika Stenvaag » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:14 pm

These look pretty good. Noticed the posters were using TMP. I use TMP and have been very happy with the way it can be customized. Very nice pictures.

Return to “The Body Shop”