Do NOT buy weapons from Eternal Armory!

For reviews of Merchandise. Clothing, Furniture, Houses, etc.
RocFurse
SL Name: Roc Furse
Caste: Builder
Role: Nomad (Kataii)
Home Stone: none

Do NOT buy weapons from Eternal Armory!

Postby RocFurse » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:56 pm

I have recently bought a set of GM compatible daggers from a store named Eternal Armory, as sold by one Eternal Stillwater.

The set I've bought is this one: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Ar ... er/3074564

It's being sold for L$ 595, but it's a waste of L$. The HUD has no effect on the weapons at all. Yes, the buttons change colour when you click them, but it doesn't seem to affect the weapons. The left dagger will always rez both sheathed AND usheathed everytime you rez, meaning you have to manually sheath it. Not with the HUD, for that doesn't work. You will have to type a command or create your own gesture to take care of it. To make matters worse, some of the textures are set to full-bright, making the daggers look like a cross between a weapon and a torchlight in dark scenes.

I have by now sent 3 NC's and several IM's to the creator, and waited two weeks for a reply. There was none. No NC, no IM, just silence. Unfortunately I bought the item in-world and not on Marketplace, so I can't review the item there.

OK, you might say it's "only" L$ 595, but for a product that only partially works and a creator who can't seem to be bothered to get back to his customers, that's not really value for money...
HorizonNinetails
SL Name: Horizon Ninetails
Caste: Pirate
Role: Scoundrel
Home Stone: Deck beneath my feet

Re: Do NOT buy weapons from Eternal Armory!

Postby HorizonNinetails » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:26 pm

Its generally better to stick with established weapon makers.

If you don't know the person making the weapons, or people who use the weapons - STAY AWAY.

Thats not to say major weapon makers aren't twats - but you'll usually get a response for your questions.
iJudas

Postby iJudas » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:45 pm

That creator seems to be fairly well established if the marketplace is anything to go by.
Mat
SL Name: Mat
Caste: Warrior
Role: Defender of Freedom

Postby Mat » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:35 pm

I have not really played around with weapon huds for a while now, but they never have worked for me with any great success regardless of the manufacturer. I have always just used gestures.
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him
RocFurse

Postby RocFurse » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:26 pm

iJudas wrote:That creator seems to be fairly well established if the marketplace is anything to go by.

That was my thought when I bought his product. Broad range, nice in-world store. He must be doing well. But the product does not live up to what he promises in his description and customer service sucks balls.

I have been tempted to flag his product on Marketplace, but there are only flags for a product that is listed under the wrong category, or a listing that is not a true product. Nothing for a product that does not do what it is advertised to do.
Hanze
SL Name: Hanze Melnitz

Postby Hanze » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:38 pm

I remember when your two choices were Navar's and Slipp's, plus maybe 3 or 4 total fly by night guys who made swords. I would agree with what others have said, stick to the main guys like Primus, LR, Navar etc. Don't go buying a weapon for the HUD either, Gestures will always be the quicker and more effective method for drawing, sheathing etc with weapons. Most HUDS just lagg you up.
Allison Millet
SL Name: Allison Millet
Role: bondmaid
Home Stone: Kalana Woods
Owner: Jarl Wolf

Postby Allison Millet » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:22 pm

navar is kinda getting dated again, and huds are kinda noobie to.
Hockey Stick!
RocFurse

Postby RocFurse » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:59 am

Allison Millet wrote:navar is kinda getting dated again, and huds are kinda noobie to.

Bows his head in shame for even suggesting it! :facepalm:
Dyn
SL Name: Dyn

Postby Dyn » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:10 am

You say this like it doesn't add spice to the role play to have you constantly sheathing your dagger. ;)

Sorry to hear they're not getting back to you. It's a nice set of daggers in the picture, but they don't sound like they're worth it from your experience.
RocFurse

Postby RocFurse » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:54 am

Dyn wrote:You say this like it doesn't add spice to the role play to have you constantly sheathing your dagger. ;)

Sorry to hear they're not getting back to you. It's a nice set of daggers in the picture, but they don't sound like they're worth it from your experience.

I'm not currently using them, but it's kinds embarassing to notice you are waiving a dagger at some poot unsuspecting physician or innkeeper. ;-)
Kinda like being told your zipper is down, hehe.
I know the creator of the sculpts. I may make an unscripted version for unmetered RP.

Return to “Merchandise”