The Empire of Ar- First Impressions

This forum is NOT made to slander, or flame homes. Please give honest reviews without blatant insult.
Oor
SL Name: Oor Breen
Home Stone: ROIAF: GoT RP

Re: The Empire of Ar- First Impressions

Postby Oor » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:10 pm

Y'all are grownass adults.

This is amazing.
I call my vagina "New Yorker cartoon" because it's dry and a handful of people have laughed at it.

Flix
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:37 pm

serene mistwood wrote:What the fuck have previous (or potential future) discussion threads on an OOC forum got to do with IC RP.
Tamar - I'd consider yourself having a lucky escape.

As I've always stated - those that shout loudest about IC/OOC separation are the WORST offenders. Maybe not in a "he's my RL bf so no sexual RP" kinda a way - but in a much worse insidious, incestuous, sycophantic herd mentality kinda way. Let them stick together - the glue never lasts very long.

I still prefer to stick with people who maintain a strong IC/OOC separation and advocate for it, instead of interacting with the doormat subs and pseudo doms (so called true goreans) with poor creativity, tea party RP and inability to deal any kind of IC conflicts....
SaltySalty
SL Name: targus zulaman

Postby SaltySalty » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:12 pm

Tamar Luminos wrote:Dude. I get wanting to give your side, and you did an admirable job of it, but I wish you could have done it without attacking and insulting like...everyone on this thread, including me, the one who started it with gushing about how gorgeous your build was. Hell, even Sabina, in her reply, went on to talk about how good your build was.

You are very talented, you do very good work, anyone who saw the Ar build is well aware of that. I'd love to see more of your sims, and maybe even hire you in the future if LL ever drops sim prices down to a manageable level. But I will say your snarky tone was a bit grating, and it seems like you could have defended yourself without pissing attitude all over everyone, your message will usually be better received if it's not dripping in snark and insults.

Last I checked, you took back every nice thing you had to say about me or my work thanks to what Sabina wrote and on top of that praised her for how well she handled, “that dude” that you’ll have to watch out for, which was a sentiment shared by not just you on this thread, which is precisely the reason for my post and the only people on this thread my post was directed to. And I don’t think I was all that snarky considering nothing I said was false, but I think I have a right to be angry when I find out work that I took hours out of my day for weeks straight gets shitted on, on top of being portrayed unfairly.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:41 pm

SaltySalty wrote:Last I checked, you took back every nice thing you had to say about me or my work thanks to what Sabina wrote and on top of that praised her for how well she handled, “that dude” that you’ll have to watch out for, which was a sentiment shared by not just you on this thread, which is precisely the reason for my post and the only people on this thread my post was directed to. And I don’t think I was all that snarky considering nothing I said was false, but I think I have a right to be angry when I find out work that I took hours out of my day for weeks straight gets shitted on, on top of being portrayed unfairly.

Rolling in and firing nukes at people you've never even met is not a great way to gain their support, especially when they've known the person you disagree with far, far longer.

I'm just saying. This is really not a productive way to accomplish your stated intent.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
SaltySalty

Postby SaltySalty » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:03 am

Leah wrote:
SaltySalty wrote:Last I checked, you took back every nice thing you had to say about me or my work thanks to what Sabina wrote and on top of that praised her for how well she handled, “that dude” that you’ll have to watch out for, which was a sentiment shared by not just you on this thread, which is precisely the reason for my post and the only people on this thread my post was directed to. And I don’t think I was all that snarky considering nothing I said was false, but I think I have a right to be angry when I find out work that I took hours out of my day for weeks straight gets shitted on, on top of being portrayed unfairly.

Rolling in and firing nukes at people you've never even met is not a great way to gain their support, especially when they've known the person you disagree with far, far longer.

I'm just saying. This is really not a productive way to accomplish your stated intent.

My stated intent was to set the record straight. It was pretty clear from the start and the fact that nobody tried to hear my side in the first place I wasn’t going to gain support. Knowing someone for a long time doesn’t make that person any better for what they did, only easier to help them pile on someone you don’t know. And what nukes exactly did I fire that were any worse than the ones fired at me when no one thought for a minute I might actually read them. Replace my name with any of yours in all the posts of this thread it’s talked about and tell me how anything I wrote is any worse than what any of you did.
Tantus
SL Name: Inactive
Caste: Scribe

Postby Tantus » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:23 am

Criticism against Targus was taken at face value and assumptions formed that he was a cowboy-builder. I don't think anyone would be amused to read a thread months later, where you've been the topic of dubious practices in a case you clearly would dispute had you been there.

I personally don't know either party and have no idea of what actually happened, but I'm not surprised at Targus being pissed at what he's read. Anyone would be. And I don't think he's looking for support, as it's just common sense not to have people pissing on your principles without knowing you, or the full facts of an accusation.

Varn - Those are some amazing interiors, it could inspire one to roleplay again. I still like Tentium's external build, has a good feeling for a port town.
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:15 am

Actually, I support Targus' side.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:03 pm

quote="Tantus"]Criticism against Targus was taken at face value and assumptions formed that he was a cowboy-builder. I don't think anyone would be amused to read a thread months later, where you've been the topic of dubious practices in a case you clearly would dispute had you been there.[/quote]

Of course people took it at face value - when someone you trust makes accusations about someone you don't know, yes, of course you're going to believe them absent any evidence to the contrary. What reality do you live in where this isn't the case? Hell, Harlequin even made repeated qualifications of, "Assuming this is all true."

SaltySalty wrote:Replace my name with any of yours in all the posts of this thread it’s talked about and tell me how anything I wrote is any worse than what any of you did.

"She was mean to me first" hasn't been an excuse for attacking total strangers since I was 5. Especially when everything they said was fucking mild, dude. Mild as shit. The only person who raked you over the coals completely was Sabina, and if you only knew her side and not your side, that would be 100% expected.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
SaltySalty

Postby SaltySalty » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:53 pm

Leah wrote:quote="Tantus"]Criticism against Targus was taken at face value and assumptions formed that he was a cowboy-builder. I don't think anyone would be amused to read a thread months later, where you've been the topic of dubious practices in a case you clearly would dispute had you been there.

Of course people took it at face value - when someone you trust makes accusations about someone you don't know, yes, of course you're going to believe them absent any evidence to the contrary. What reality do you live in where this isn't the case? Hell, Harlequin even made repeated qualifications of, "Assuming this is all true."

SaltySalty wrote:Replace my name with any of yours in all the posts of this thread it’s talked about and tell me how anything I wrote is any worse than what any of you did.

"She was mean to me first" hasn't been an excuse for attacking total strangers since I was 5. Especially when everything they said was fucking mild, dude. Mild as shit. The only person who raked you over the coals completely was Sabina, and if you only knew her side and not your side, that would be 100% expected.[/quote]

I don’t know where you got “she was mean to me first” from that quote but you’re either grasping at straws or have the logic of a child trying to fit a square peg through a round hole. I don’t even recall being remotely intentionally insulting to anybody I was addressing with my original letter besides Sabina herself, despite having every right to be, or in any of my subsequent posts. Last I checked, stating facts isn’t referred to as attacking, which is closer to what you seem to be attempting at me with that uninvited glimpse into your childhood. But you continuing to respond to me only shows Sabina must be in good company for the kind of people who would honestly believe they did nothing wrong despite everything laid out plainly showing the contrary.
serene mistwood
SL Name: Izzy
Role: Social Gadfly
AkA: Isobel Mynx

Postby serene mistwood » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:56 pm

Sasi wrote:
serene mistwood wrote:What the fuck have previous (or potential future) discussion threads on an OOC forum got to do with IC RP.
Tamar - I'd consider yourself having a lucky escape.

As I've always stated - those that shout loudest about IC/OOC separation are the WORST offenders. Maybe not in a "he's my RL bf so no sexual RP" kinda a way - but in a much worse insidious, incestuous, sycophantic herd mentality kinda way. Let them stick together - the glue never lasts very long.

I still prefer to stick with people who maintain a strong IC/OOC separation and advocate for it, instead of interacting with the doormat subs and pseudo doms (so called true goreans) with poor creativity, tea party RP and inability to deal any kind of IC conflicts....

Poor creativity isn't the sole province of tea party RP or doormat subs. Egads. Some of the most tedious, uninspiring, repetitive drivel I've ever had the misfortune to read was from the conceited and self important fingertips of the self proclaimed hallowed IC only para-Rp'er.

The fact remains if you cannot separate an OoC forum from IC RP you are struggling a wee bit with both concepts. :thumbup:
"She still had all of her marbles, though every one of them was a bit odd and rolled asymmetrically." Firebirds Rising.

Return to “Cities/Sims”