The Empire of Ar- First Impressions

This forum is NOT made to slander, or flame homes. Please give honest reviews without blatant insult.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Re: The Empire of Ar- First Impressions

Postby Leah » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:26 pm

Tamar Luminos wrote:And my explorations of Ar endeth abruptly. LOL

Owner's apparently nursed a grudge against me for my posts on a previous thread about his previous incarnation of Ar and reminded me tonight by linking me to the offending thread:

http://www.goreanforums.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=8425&start=140 if anyone's curious.

I didn't think I said anything particularly offensive, and had pretty much forgotten about it but apparently he had not. Not sure why he had to tap dance around the issue instead of just IM'ing me to tell me my app was denied or even putting me on a ban list, but oh wells. Told me I could roleplay there but that I couldn't join the group. Me, I told him I don't play anywhere I'm not wanted, and wished him luck with his sim. I won't be going back, on any of my avatars, and I will now be sure to avoid any sim he's related to.

Wish everyone playing there the best, though!

Seems a little over the top to still be nursing a grudge from a year ago. :|
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Harlequin
SL Name: Harlequin Salome
Caste: Scripter
Role: Guy Who Stares In Confusion
Home Stone: Blender, mostly.

Postby Harlequin » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:48 pm

I've had people bring up minor incidents from 2+ years ago as major black marks against my character in their eyes.
Gorean RPers of a certain stripe hold worse grudges than dwarves in Warhammer.
There used to be a gif here. It was awesome. But it's gone now.
Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Postby Leah » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:17 pm

Harlequin wrote:I've had people bring up minor incidents from 2+ years ago as major black marks against my character in their eyes.
Gorean RPers of a certain stripe hold worse grudges than dwarves in Warhammer.

WELL THEN.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
FeorieFrimon
SL Name: Feorie Frimon

Postby FeorieFrimon » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:48 am

Tamar Luminos wrote:I didn't think I said anything particularly offensive, and had pretty much forgotten about it but apparently he had not. Not sure why he had to tap dance around the issue instead of just IM'ing me to tell me my app was denied or even putting me on a ban list, but oh wells. Told me I could roleplay there but that I couldn't join the group. Me, I told him I don't play anywhere I'm not wanted, and wished him luck with his sim. I won't be going back, on any of my avatars, and I will now be sure to avoid any sim he's related to.

That's uber lame, Tamar. I'm sorry.

Wanna come with me to Heisus?
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:20 pm

FeorieFrimon wrote:
Tamar Luminos wrote:I didn't think I said anything particularly offensive, and had pretty much forgotten about it but apparently he had not. Not sure why he had to tap dance around the issue instead of just IM'ing me to tell me my app was denied or even putting me on a ban list, but oh wells. Told me I could roleplay there but that I couldn't join the group. Me, I told him I don't play anywhere I'm not wanted, and wished him luck with his sim. I won't be going back, on any of my avatars, and I will now be sure to avoid any sim he's related to.

That's uber lame, Tamar. I'm sorry.

Wanna come with me to Heisus?

Yes. Yes, I do! :D
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
SaltySalty
SL Name: targus zulaman

Postby SaltySalty » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:09 am

Sabina Takakura wrote:I knew there was going to be one soon, Tamar got to it first!

Targus built the sim, but I admit I'm kind of salty about it. You see, I had hired him a few months ago to build a sim for me. After numerous delays, and pouring money down the drain, he tells me he can't finish the build. At that point, I was ready to just part ways and close the project until I could find another builder. However, he didn't refund me his entire retainer cost. So not only did I pay for the sim during that time, but I paid him to not finish it. The worst part? 90% of the textures in Ar, are ones I gave him for my build. Some of which, were modified like the red brick breaking it up. It was like a slap in the face seeing it :(

Sabina, Thank you for visiting my recent build, Varn, which also uses some textures from Ar. I hope you enjoyed setting “away” and camming around the sim. I invite you to return and bring whomever you like to see the sim for yourselves and point out all the issues you speak about and maybe even better yet, talk to me directly about any further issues you may have with me like an actual adult as oppose to talking about people behind their backs. Or were you instead planning to stalk these boards again until someone said something actually nice about my latest work so you could swoop in and trash talk me again?

For the record,
To Sabina and her fanclub on this thread:

I know I am not the original focus of this thread, but since my name has been mentioned enough times, I feel this post is warranted. As much as you all consider yourselves “safeguarding” yourselves by warning each other to watch out for “the shady builder”, you don’t serve yourselves very well when you don’t do your due diligence in getting the whole story. Interesting how in so many threads where someone gets trash talked, you never actually hear the side of the person being talked about. Sort of makes it easy to get away with saying whatever you want about someone, which is a little unfair, but just because you say something enough times, it still doesn’t make it true.

Sabina, considering the circumstances described, your alt must have been the one who hired me to do your GoT Meereen RP sim. First of all, I refunded the amount *you* asked for which was nearly the entire retainer minus a few k lindens for my time wasted when we both agreed to part ways after *you* asked to terminate the project due to a change in *your* plans, and considering the circumstances I was dealing with in my RL schedule at the time, I accepted even though I was committed to finishing the project had you not decided for yourself to not see it through, despite the project being nearly complete.

Regarding the textures I used for the Ar build, all of the textures are a combination of textures I either already had, bought from marketplace, or from open source resources like cgtextures.com and I have the photoshop files with layers showing every sequence in the creation of all textures used that I modified myself.

Yes, there was a single texture you gave me that I heavily modified to use. Are you the original creator of that texture? Did you hand paint it yourself from scratch in gimp or photoshop or some other application? If you can verify that you did and did not receive that texture yourself from someone else full perm and for free, or that you bought it yourself without the express consent to share full perm, then I will gladly pay you for your texture the same way I pay for textures I have bought elsewhere or have received legitimately that I am within my rights to use. Did I give away that texture full perm to the sim owner or sell it for profit? No, it was a texture within my ownership that was used for my personal use. The sim owner did not pay me to use that texture, they paid me to build a sim.

It’s a little ridiculous you condemning me for using *your?* texture for another sim when at least 10 sims use prefabs from the same store that all have the same texture. Are you really going to tell me you’ve never used textures in your inventory that was owned, given to you, or created by someone else at some point before you received it? Did every texture you’ve ever used originate from you? With you hand painting that texture from scratch? I highly doubt it.

And regarding babybear or whoever else you said had a problem, it’s news to me because it would have been as simple as someone telling me they had a problem with something I was doing and I would have stopped immediately but no one gave any indication I was doing anything wrong. And if you stopped by the sim yourself and had this problem, why did you not confront me immediately and instead wait for the sim to be mentioned on a board so that you can discredit my name after I legitimately worked my ass off on that build. And I’m the “shady” one?

You also failed to mention that maybe there were delays stemming from you making me redo a single large building 8 times, among other issues. Sorry, but when you go beyond the original parameters of what was agreed upon and still expect me to meet the deadline I gave based on what I originally said I would be *capable* of doing within that time frame, don’t blame me when I try to bend over backwards to meet every exacting detail to meet not only your standards, but my own to give a level of quality that was the reason you hired me in the first place, despite being under no obligation to do so under what was originally agreed upon.

To be clear, I am not a professional sim builder. I am not a professional graphics artist or any sort of professional artist in my RL. I am simply someone with novice photoshop skills who is passionate about and enjoys building Gorean sims in SL. When I get asked, the most I’m looking to get out of it is a place I may like to rp in at some point. But yes, I will charge you if I must take time out of my RL to spend time, in a lot of cases, too much time, on a sim build due to the quality I go for and I suspect was the reason you asked me in the first place.

Yes, it probably was a mistake that you hired me and even more of a mistake that I agreed to work for you, but don’t call me “shady” when I still put in as much time and effort out of my RL to genuinely apply the best of my abilities to your project. Anybody who’s ever both owned and built a sim before knows there’s more involved in building compared to paying a box each week. If it were that easy, ask yourself why you came to me in the first place. It was unfortunate that circumstances out of my control in my RL just so happened to coincide with the timing that work on your particular sim was taking place, but I was still committed to finishing it before you decided to halt the project.

Even the Ar sim owner was considerate of my RL schedule. The only difference between you and him was you were a little less patient and ultimately it was you who made the decision not to see your project through. I’m sorry if my legitimate RL concerns take precedence over your SL roleplay life but devoting actual hours to manually building your sim is harder than clicking “pay” in your top right menu within the scheme of 2 seconds each week. Your original post mentioning my name and the subsequent posts attacking someone none of you know is still not warranted.

And actually waiting for someone on a forum to post about my work with legitimate praise so you can come in and trash it because you’re bitter about the circumstances surrounding yours is about as petty and pathetic as me actually caring enough about what you said to waste my time writing this stupid long ass open letter.

The fact that this thread went so long with each subsequent post patting your back affirming what you said as truth without anybody actually corroborating the other side to the story is a failure of character to every person who re-quoted your original post just as much as all of you would like to believe anything I did was.

Sabina, Regardless of how you feel things went down between me and you, Empire of Ar was a sim build that I worked my ass off on that deserved the praise it got and that won’t be denied no matter what you want people to believe.

Signed, the scary shady builder who you should never hire to do your sim.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:29 am

Dude. I get wanting to give your side, and you did an admirable job of it, but I wish you could have done it without attacking and insulting like...everyone on this thread, including me, the one who started it with gushing about how gorgeous your build was. Hell, even Sabina, in her reply, went on to talk about how good your build was.

You are very talented, you do very good work, anyone who saw the Ar build is well aware of that. I'd love to see more of your sims, and maybe even hire you in the future if LL ever drops sim prices down to a manageable level. But I will say your snarky tone was a bit grating, and it seems like you could have defended yourself without pissing attitude all over everyone, your message will usually be better received if it's not dripping in snark and insults.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Theoden
SL Name: Theoden
Caste: Warrior

Postby Theoden » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:33 pm

The builder is an excellent and talented builder that has made his next build, Varn, probably even better than the Empire of Ar build. That is how good it is.

I think snarkiness is totally legit for certain people who talk behind your back on a forum but interact with you and ask for things afterward in world. Very two faced tbh

But you know, nothing surprising ;)
Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:25 pm

Stunning build, Targus!
serene mistwood
SL Name: Izzy
Role: Social Gadfly
AkA: Isobel Mynx

Postby serene mistwood » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:43 am

What the fuck have previous (or potential future) discussion threads on an OOC forum got to do with IC RP.
Tamar - I'd consider yourself having a lucky escape.

As I've always stated - those that shout loudest about IC/OOC separation are the WORST offenders. Maybe not in a "he's my RL bf so no sexual RP" kinda a way - but in a much worse insidious, incestuous, sycophantic herd mentality kinda way. Let them stick together - the glue never lasts very long.
"She still had all of her marbles, though every one of them was a bit odd and rolled asymmetrically." Firebirds Rising.

Return to “Cities/Sims”