The Empire of Ar- First Impressions

This forum is NOT made to slander, or flame homes. Please give honest reviews without blatant insult.
FeorieFrimon
SL Name: Feorie Frimon

Re: The Empire of Ar- First Impressions

Postby FeorieFrimon » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:31 pm

Sabina Takakura wrote:@ The build:
Nobody knew about it because I didn't tell anyone. It just wasn't worth the effort. When I went to see the sim, I did tell Babybear. She was upset about it, but by that time the sim was nearly completed. If I expected her to demand a different texture or builder, it would have been another month of work and they would have had to find another builder. I wouldn't expect that from her. She was super kind, respectful, and sweet about the entire thing. If proof is needed, I've got plenty of emails, transaction logs, and I can whip out the textures.
But there comes a point when you realize that shit happens and sometimes bickering over things only makes it worse for everyone. I would have given the textures to Babybear if she had asked for them, so it's no real skin off my back. Just a shady builder. Oh well.

I could be jumping -way- out of my zone here, but I'm pretty sure the sim -isn't- Babybear's. She's just helping out in the admin arena. I don't know if she could have called the shots on that one even if she wanted to.
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:50 pm

Shady builder aside- and Sabina, I think you handled that really well. You let folks know so they can watch out for this dude, and you were assertive enough to speak to Babybear about it, but then you didn't let it ruin your impression of the sim as a whole, and you've been pretty chill about it, which is frankly impressive as hell- I've popped into Ar a few more times.

I've seen a few people there I recognize and like, so that's always a good sign. :)

I really like just wandering around in the city sightseeing and people watching. No roleplay thus far on my main or any of my alts, but I haven't put myself out there really yet or tried entering a scene or tossing out the first post, just mainly wandered around and explored.

That armor is pretty spectacular. I can see why everyone's wearing it. Never heard of the designer before, Iroas? Whoever he/she is, that's pretty good work there.

Can't quite decide what I want to play there. I have a FW, a slave, and a doodtoon. And kinda unsure which to dive in with. Guess I try 'em all a few times and see which one I end up getting roleplay with first.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
FeorieFrimon
SL Name: Feorie Frimon

Postby FeorieFrimon » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:11 pm

Tamar Luminos wrote:Shady builder aside- and Sabina, I think you handled that really well. You let folks know so they can watch out for this dude, and you were assertive enough to speak to Babybear about it, but then you didn't let it ruin your impression of the sim as a whole, and you've been pretty chill about it, which is frankly impressive as hell- I've popped into Ar a few more times.

I hate to be the broken record, but just want to make it uber clear Ar is -not- Babybear's sim. She 'just works there'. I don't want anyone getting any weird impressions about her...

...that, and she'd spit nails if people thought she let other people build 'her sims'. :)
Sabina Takakura
SL Name: WAT.
Caste: Hobo
Role: Zombie Killer
Home Stone: My cat.
Owner: Reddit.

Postby Sabina Takakura » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:30 am

Yeah, as far as I know Babybear is just helping out. Cali owns it. I knew Babybear from another sim though, so I felt more comfortable speaking to her with it.

I saw you today, Tamar! You were OOC though, so I didn't pester.
The Ost
SL Name: Ost Clawtooth
Home Stone: Port of Hesius
Owner: Amiel

Postby The Ost » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:53 am

Tamar Luminos wrote:
I've seen a few people there I recognize and like, so that's always a good sign. :)

:wave:
The Ost abides.
Tamar Luminos

Postby Tamar Luminos » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:57 am

@Sabina Heh, yeah- I sent in an app but haven't been approved yet, so not sure if I can RP yet, or if the app's just for the Land Group for folks who want to rent there. So have had my Observer's tag on for a few days.

@Ost :heart: :grind:
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Postby Cassie » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:56 am

I've seen a lot of people RP without being part of the main group and I don't see how that could possibly be an issue. The Land group usually is just allowing you to set your home and get OOC notifications of updates an events. Just cause you don't live in New Jersey don't mean you don't get to interact with people just you won't get the discount at the community pool.

The design of the sim I enjoy, a bit sad about what Sabina said to be honest, didn't think a builder would discredit himself like that when all he had to do was ask you :|
I like the fact you can easily lost and that not something I dislike because it really makes you work hard to get to one place to the other.
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.
Saras
SL Name: Sarasvatii
AkA: midget

Postby Saras » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:00 am

Stunning build.

Sasi
SL Name: Sasi

Postby Sasi » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:35 pm

Wow! Very beautiful pics! Indeed, the layout of Empire of Ar is amazing, makes perfect for a visual immersion!
Tamar Luminos

Postby Tamar Luminos » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:53 pm

And my explorations of Ar endeth abruptly. LOL

Owner's apparently nursed a grudge against me for my posts on a previous thread about his previous incarnation of Ar and reminded me tonight by linking me to the offending thread:

http://www.goreanforums.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=8425&start=140 if anyone's curious.

I didn't think I said anything particularly offensive, and had pretty much forgotten about it but apparently he had not. Not sure why he had to tap dance around the issue instead of just IM'ing me to tell me my app was denied or even putting me on a ban list, but oh wells. Told me I could roleplay there but that I couldn't join the group. Me, I told him I don't play anywhere I'm not wanted, and wished him luck with his sim. I won't be going back, on any of my avatars, and I will now be sure to avoid any sim he's related to.

Wish everyone playing there the best, though!

Return to “Cities/Sims”