Port Thassa: Next adventure!

This forum is NOT made to slander, or flame homes. Please give honest reviews without blatant insult.
Sabina Takakura
SL Name: WAT.
Caste: Hobo
Role: Zombie Killer
Home Stone: My cat.
Owner: Reddit.

Port Thassa: Next adventure!

Postby Sabina Takakura » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:02 am

So I've hit a point in my RP where I'm frustrated, but it also makes sense in her story for her to visit other cities.
Next up, Port Thassa!

You TP in to a very small market. Nice. I'm pretty sick of the huge markets you have to walk through to get to a TP. I was sick of it 8 years ago. That hasn't changed.
There was a sign up for a slave dance competition that made me kind of :/ but I admit, that might be just me.
I made a drinking game out of it last time. Anytime a slave mentioned orbs, pink glistening petals of desire, or ended with La Kajira! I drank. I think I passed out around the third dancer. I can't remember. Anyway!

When you TP down, you get a dock. Not bad. It didn't WOW me, but not bad. It looks seedy, like nasty things happen there. Nice that it sets the mood.

You follow it along and then get to a flat textured white wall. It's such a huge startling contrast to the mostly mesh build and textures, it just... it really looks terrible. I admit I'm a visual snob, but it doesn't get me into the mood. When someone can't plan out a sim build, and it looks rushed to be put together, I begin to have doubts and wonder what else was thrown together last minute.

Next you run into a sign proclaiming a "slave school" - and I'll admit, I nearly ported out right then. Slave. School.

Once you pass the badly textured wall, you run into some badly textured and badly designed buildings that are presumably houses. Don't let it fool you. They're just square boxes where the prims don't line up. That gap right there by the door? I can peek in and watch you fap. You've been warned.

You keep going and see some slightly better textured boxes that are supposed to pass for houses, and by this time, I'm wondering if I stepped into the wrong sim. Where are all the RP buildings? Were the 3 on the docks, it? I pause and cam, and realize that if I walk all the way up the hill past even more boxes-that-are-houses there is a little sign for a bakery. Ok, cool. Except I cam out. The bakery is larger than all the RP buildings on the docks, combined.
What.
This doesn't give me much confidence in my slave character being able to let her slut flag fly free.
Next to it is a Garden Club.
A visual representation of my face, IRL upon seeing this.

If you keep following the road, you finally find the tavern. I sighed with relief, my character humped it swiftly, and then I cammed.
I am 900% sure that it is the same exact tavern build that was in Turia in 2005/2006. This is not an exaggeration.
Compared to the bakery the size of Alaska, it's pitiful, and right away, I know I'm going to hate RP there.

Now that might sound a bit elitist, but here's my reasoning:
The people don't have the space to RP it. The sim is not designed in a way that lends itself to public scenes, or even to most slave oriented RP. 90% of it is housing, poorly made, and poorly put together. It isn't a roleplay environment.

I'll try to make myself come back and find RP, but my hopes aren't up. If anyone does, I'd love to hear about your experiences here.
Anarch Allegiere
SL Name: Anarch Allegiere

Re: Port Thassa: Next adventure!

Postby Anarch Allegiere » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:53 pm

You're gonna have a really bad time if you're going to try and review every BtB sim. 90% of them are horrendous. (Same ratio of horrificness applies to GE sims too, or just SL in general).
Sabina Takakura

Postby Sabina Takakura » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:11 pm

Anarch Allegiere wrote:You're gonna have a really bad time if you're going to try and review every BtB sim. 90% of them are horrendous. (Same ratio of horrificness applies to GE sims too, or just SL in general).

Maybe! I don't doubt a lot are going to be bad, but I'm determined to have fun with it. I enjoy seeing that world through other people's eyes (The build) and along the way, I've met some pretty awesome roleplayers in various sims.
FeorieFrimon
SL Name: Feorie Frimon

Postby FeorieFrimon » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:39 pm

Sabina Takakura wrote:
Anarch Allegiere wrote:You're gonna have a really bad time if you're going to try and review every BtB sim. 90% of them are horrendous. (Same ratio of horrificness applies to GE sims too, or just SL in general).

Maybe! I don't doubt a lot are going to be bad, but I'm determined to have fun with it. I enjoy seeing that world through other people's eyes (The build) and along the way, I've met some pretty awesome roleplayers in various sims.

That's the spirit! :clap:

Builds are good, but it's all about the people anyway.
Sabina Takakura

Postby Sabina Takakura » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:18 pm

So I finally hit my limit in Rovere with OOC things, and my quest has begun anew to seek out the other sims in Gor and see what I can see.

I skimmed over Port Thassa's rules, and they seem reasonable. I particularly like the emphasis on keeping things out of OOC, which seems to be the largest issue here. There were no overt attempts at mixing IC and OOC within them, and one of the rules made a point of saying slaves aren't slaves OOC.

But how is the RP?
I ported down, OOC tag on, and found a cluster. Two of the people in the cluster were putting forth a lot of effort (a free woman and a slave). The post lengths varied, but you could tell they were telling a story.
The guy with them, though, seemed as if he was half there. I'm not certain if he was distracted, uninterested, or what, but he didn't seem overly engaged in the scene.
So far, so good.

Next group of people, a man and two slaves. The man was engaged in the story, post length varied again from one line, to semi-para. So far the only para I saw was the free woman on the docks.
In this scene, however, it seemed as if the man was more engaged than the two slaves. He was asking questions, giving physical responses, etc, and the slaves met it with not much else.
Still, it could be a skill level thing, or something I'm entirely unaware of. I wouldn't write off a whole sim because a couple people didn't wow me with their writing.

Next step, going in IC! I'll have to think of some IC reasons for it, although I'm pretty sure I can come up with something. The build is still sad and disappointing, but I'm not immediately turned off by the Rp, at all.
Saras
SL Name: Sarasvatii
AkA: midget

Postby Saras » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:06 am

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I freakin LOVE this. Keep going. Don't stop.

Srsly. :heart:
Sabina Takakura

Postby Sabina Takakura » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:56 pm

Yay, glad someone does!

I chit chatted with the sim owner, and slaver for a bit. Everything seems fairly relaxed and cool. I asked about post length, and admitted I can be quite verbose. When I'm really into a scene it's usually about 2 -3 wraps. Not for huge groups, but certainly for private scenes.
He said I'd probably be the only one, and seemed pretty upfront and honest about what sort of RP is there.

It's not for me, but it could be for some. If you can deal with the really strange build, it might be worth a shot.

Off to my next adventure!
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:05 pm

I miss seeing your adventures. Hope you're doing ok. :)
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Sabina Takakura

Postby Sabina Takakura » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:21 am

I am! It's just my busy season for work, so my RP times are limited. I was just thinking some weekend soon I should brush off an alt and go explore!

Return to “Cities/Sims”