Venice Eternal

Leah
SL Name: Liara Edring
Role: Rebel
Owner: My Internet Connection
AkA: Lailah, Lia, Liara

Re: Venice Eternal

Postby Leah » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:44 pm

Harlequin wrote:Well sure they're overpowered compared to Vampires... one of the things that I loved about WoD was there wasnt supposed to be an equality of power levels. A mage might be able to simply end a pack of vamps, but another mage, or HIT Mark might fuck 'em up easily.

That being said, a sun? Hello, Paradox, you can just tear me apart now plox.

Vampires don't count towards paradox, nor do ghouls (they count as sleepwalkers/partially awakened). You'd have to pull the sun trick in front of a mundane human to get the backlash.
This isn't fucking Survivor. We aren't a tribe.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

My Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/165499
Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Postby Cassie » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:09 am

Yeah the Sabbath is a bit thin, odd... I thought I'd see more reckless assholes about.

Maybe I should bring my tzimisce and start a flesh knitting class.

I am so sad I never got to play mage but I agree that the presence of supernatural beings would reduce the backlash still I am sure some amount of paradox would be in order. Pulling the sun means others would be witnessing its unusual rise.
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.
Darius of Turia
SL Name: Darius Vayandar
Caste: Red
Role: Ubar no more!
Home Stone: City of Turia

Postby Darius of Turia » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:38 pm

Cassie wrote:Yeah the Sabbath is a bit thin, odd... I thought I'd see more reckless assholes about.

Maybe I should bring my tzimisce and start a flesh knitting class.

I am so sad I never got to play mage but I agree that the presence of supernatural beings would reduce the backlash still I am sure some amount of paradox would be in order. Pulling the sun means others would be witnessing its unusual rise.

Doooooooo eeetttttt
"Life is as a storm, one must be prepared for the hardship and scorn. But with in this is a light, one for which we must fight. For hope is our weapon and our dreams are our shield. When fully armed we can not be felled from the field."
Hephaesteon
SL Name: Hephaesteon Resident
Caste: Scribe
Role: Codger
Home Stone: Ar.

Postby Hephaesteon » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:16 pm

I think there are actually quite a few by now; between my own and the others I know of, they have about 4-5 tzimisce on sim, plus one ghoul (and I think one revenant ghoul as well). Not a bad showing!
And that was that.
Leah

Postby Leah » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:45 pm

Cassie wrote:I am so sad I never got to play mage but I agree that the presence of supernatural beings would reduce the backlash still I am sure some amount of paradox would be in order. Pulling the sun means others would be witnessing its unusual rise.

It isn't the actual sun. It's really just a ball of Prime energy. But, Prime energy deals aggravated damage as per the sun to vampires.

There's actually a Garou Gift (Child of Gaia Elder Gift) that does the same thing. But in that case, it literally is a small Sun.

If I won't put up with an in-character owner trying to control my OOC life, what makes you think I'll put up with you trying to do that?

Harlequin
SL Name: Harlequin Salome
Caste: Scripter
Role: Guy Who Stares In Confusion
Home Stone: Blender, mostly.

Postby Harlequin » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:39 pm

EDIT: Wow. Okay so apparently I need to read before hitting post... huge whopping chunks are missing thus making me look like an incoherent crazy person. Fixing this now.

The Sabbat are a bit thin on the ground right now for a couple reasons. One is they're hamstrung by not having any organization, the other being that it is functionally a Cam city. It's supposed to be "neutral" but if you look at the Giovanni's laws, they're all basically cam laws, that the Sabbat for whatever reason are Lore-wise following. It makes it tough to really play some hardass psycho sabbat. Toss in the fact that hte sabbat are rather un-numerous and thus we have perhaps, at most, a Pack's worth and it's hard to get like, a Bishop into position right now.

Add in what I've noticed IC, which is a marked lack of communication or organization with the various sabbat members (Though that's just a function of the slow trickle in of various people and a situation where we really can't reasonably have a Bishop or whatnot) and we don't even know who or what we have in the city right now. My character for the moment doesn't even know there's any Tzim IN the city based on his interactions with Sabbat.

That said, all of this has potential. I know I personally would -love- to have my vicious fanatical black hand Lasombra motherfucker have a black hand pack to run with, to stab Cam and burn the Sabbat heretics... and all sorts of other fun stuff. Just, right now, for all the Sabbat we may have, the lack of co-ordinated group RP is leading to a sense of smallness and scatteredness (Not a word. Deal with it.) EDITED to add "co-ordinated" to that last bit since that's far more accurate.
There used to be a gif here. It was awesome. But it's gone now.
Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Postby Cassie » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:29 pm

I know it can be also based on the lack of lead from the admin team, at least Sabbat wise. The Camarilla seems rather well organized at least from what I see although I am in the Camarilla but got no mention of a meeting.

As a Sabbat member we just need to organize internally but while it is probably thought this faction is a reckless carnage machine it is not, in many ways they are for sure pro masquerade and just like the Camarilla ready to throw under the bus a high generation... Sabbat just openly does it.

A bishop character would be nice although it is not something easy to rp but a pack priest is something I can see myself doing.

Leah, I never played MAGE but as I understand the magic is not limited its the lash back of the paradox that would be an issue.
Ironically LASOMBRA vampires of low generation have a similar power allowing them to make the night last for one extra hour.

Harlequin, you log really late though... its not easy to come across but I am hoping to lure people to come along and play. I only saw 1 Tzimisce so far (by reading profiles) but I would be glad to see more, for SL standards its still limiting to play them in their true beauty.
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.
Leah

Postby Leah » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:32 pm

Cassie wrote:Leah, I never played MAGE but as I understand the magic is not limited its the lash back of the paradox that would be an issue.

It is. But how you incur paradox, and how much you incur, is directly related to whether or not mundane humans are observing what you are doing - and whether you can play it off as something it's not (that they'll accept). Gaming paradox is something pretty much every mage has to do, because people don't like to explode or meet Angry Time Deities (TM).

Darius of Turia

Postby Darius of Turia » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:10 pm

If you are sabbat in game, hit me up in world at any time as i can answer via emails as needed and ill see that walther gets you added to the sabbat group. if you are Tzimisce you should be sabbat as they are a sabbat clan and they dont have any antitribu.

if you want to play sabbat and need info, either myself or harl can help you with that.

Though i would also like to know exactly whos sabbat so i can help organize meetings and locations.
"Life is as a storm, one must be prepared for the hardship and scorn. But with in this is a light, one for which we must fight. For hope is our weapon and our dreams are our shield. When fully armed we can not be felled from the field."
Darius of Turia

Postby Darius of Turia » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:36 am

posts made in haste are not post made in thought. I have unfortunately posted in the heat of my disappointment of the situation I have been going through at the moment. it was not the correct move and unfortunately my anger did not subside until it was too late to change that post. the situation unfolded as a did the admins of the sim are in their rights to make decisions as they see fit, whether or not I agree with them is irrelevant. my future involvement with them is transitory and not for this forum. I apologize for my emotional outburst and acting like one of Real Housewives of New Jersey. passion was followed with passion when it should have been met with reason and for this I would request that my previous post be removed if at all possible.

Return to “General”