Venice Eternal

Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Re: Venice Eternal

Postby Cassie » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:49 pm

Gangrel are pretty city type... of course if you happen to be some hermit hippie that is a whole other story.
I played a south american gangrel with 7 brothers who keep looking for me knowing I am still alive somewhere.

The real limit has to be directed towards generation as they infact do.

See, I saw Tamar more Gangrel or Brujah than Toreador but I have to say I know you guys very little.

I am very unsure about several things and the website is not super clear. The GM is very friendly when answering questions yet many remain.
Its not going to be easy to roleplay and I feel like we would need a real GAMEMASTER to play this appropriatley given some background like Allies and Informers would have to come from someone who knows what is going on if I were to roll to check for information. :shock:
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:07 am

:D

I've played a Gangrel, in fact when I first played VtM oh-so-many-freaking years ago, I started out as a Gangrel. Toreadors are my fave, though. I've played a Malkavian-type Sluagh Changeling as well, she was fun.

Harlequin's generally Brujah, he tells me (he's even done the live action thing, which always sounded kinda cool to me, being the ubergeek that I am) but I think this time he's leaning towards Lasombra.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Postby Cassie » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:50 am

Tamar Luminos wrote::D

I've played a Gangrel, in fact when I first played VtM oh-so-many-freaking years ago, I started out as a Gangrel. Toreadors are my fave, though. I've played a Malkavian-type Sluagh Changeling as well, she was fun.

Harlequin's generally Brujah, he tells me (he's even done the live action thing, which always sounded kinda cool to me, being the ubergeek that I am) but I think this time he's leaning towards Lasombra.

Noble clan Lasombra, I like them but I am not the level of some of the best players who really make Obscurate shine, it requires a lot of imagination. I am going to try that now using a plot left from our old GameMaster.

I think the best Toreador was played by a friend of mine, he really made an awesome character who owned a deadly desert eagle with tiger prints on it. :lol: His motto, "You know real evil is evil when its so ugly". Its a great clan Toreador and allows for great interpretation so I am sure you will have fun with it.

I never did those LARP's though we did have a sessions in the open for the atmosphere effect. I'd like to see one though... like a theater act.
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.
Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:17 am

Tamar Luminos wrote:I dunno, they look pretty urban here...

But eh, not really concerned about it, was just curious cuz it seemed like an odd choice for a clan to limit. I could see Tzimisce, Lasombra, Tremere, or Giovani- because to me they seem to have the most difficult disciplines to police. But eh, not worried bout it myself- I'm probably playing a nice, decadent Toreador myself.

YAY!!! I am going for Toreador too!
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Adin
SL Name: Sheridansnow resident
Role: slave
Owner: Hephaesteon
AkA: Adin

Postby Adin » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:08 am

I believe the reason Gangrel are limited is two-fold. One, they tend to be less city oriented, despite the picture in the books. The second reason, while related to the first, would be the geography of Venice and the lack of woods barring a few parks.

Be aware, however, that while there /are/ city gangrel, they tend to be Sabbat. Which, cool... Go team Sabbat!

They have four slots available for gangrel, currently. I'm fairly certain if more wanted to come it would not be hard to speak with the admins and get that handled.
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:34 am

Ok, just to sorta...dispense with the whole "Gangrel can't live in populated areas" misunderstanding thing. This is from the White Wolf wiki:

" City Gangrel Edit
VariantGangrelCityGangrel
Founder:
Nicknames: Coyotes
Faction: Sabbat
Disciplines: Celerity, Obfuscate, Protean

The City Gangrel are a bloodline of the Gangrel that has adapted to urban environments. In the Dark Ages, the bloodline was known as the Greek Gangrel, as they were thought to have originated in Greece. In the modern nights, the City Gangrel form half of the Gangrel antitribu within the Sabbat.

The members of the Sect boasts two Gangrel lines, the City and the Country Gangrel. The City Gangrel remind some Kindred of coyotes — they are creatures well-suited for wilderness life, but they adapt to an urban existence quite smoothly. The high preponderance of prey in the cities, coupled with the Gangrel’s inherent mutability of blood, has allowed the line to flourish. Their association with the Sabbat means that they Embrace prolifically, but also that their unlife expectancy is short.

Unlike Country Gangrel, who can afford to let their animalistic ways take over and their appearances grow truly bestial, the City Gangrel must either adopt a more Nosferatu-like approach to unlife or blend in with their prey. To outward appearance, then, these latter Kindred seem human, dress as appropriate to their area and the social class that they mimic. But City Gangrel are largely Sabbat vampires, and that means they are predators. Any disguise they adopt is strictly that, camouflage to allow them to get close enough to bite. "
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Adin
SL Name: Sheridansnow resident
Role: slave
Owner: Hephaesteon
AkA: Adin

Postby Adin » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:08 am

Never said that Gangrel /couldn't/ do anything. Just that generally, they don't. Personally, I'd love to see Gangrel in Venice.
Harlequin
SL Name: Harlequin Salome
Caste: Scripter
Role: Guy Who Stares In Confusion
Home Stone: Blender, mostly.

Postby Harlequin » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:12 pm

Lasombra all the way.

Though not the frilly type, give me a good old fashioned lasombra pirate. Or an abyssal scholar...
There used to be a gif here. It was awesome. But it's gone now.
Darius of Turia
SL Name: Darius Vayandar
Caste: Red
Role: Ubar no more!
Home Stone: City of Turia

Postby Darius of Turia » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:50 pm

I wanted to app in as an abyss mystic but they said no T_T
"Life is as a storm, one must be prepared for the hardship and scorn. But with in this is a light, one for which we must fight. For hope is our weapon and our dreams are our shield. When fully armed we can not be felled from the field."
Hephaesteon
SL Name: Hephaesteon Resident
Caste: Scribe
Role: Codger
Home Stone: Ar.

Postby Hephaesteon » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:29 pm

Hey folks! I assume it's been mentioned already but they actually changed the website: they're going to go with Enjin, and you can apply now at http://www.veniceeternal.enjin.com/ . Already apped my human and vampire character and they were approved within about 20 minutes. Woot!
And that was that.

Return to “General”