Venice Eternal

Elle Couerblanc
SL Name: Elle

Re: Venice Eternal

Postby Elle Couerblanc » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:11 am

So, seeing how I am a novice to all this, just a couple questions:

1. If I decide to go human, am I limiting myself RP wise?

2. If I go Kindred, do I have to follow some sort of personality type with each clan?
"Old stories are like old friends. You have to visit them from time to time." Bran - A Storm of Swords, pg 315

Visit me at Elle's World http://ellecouerblanc.com/
Darius of Turia
SL Name: Darius Vayandar
Caste: Red
Role: Ubar no more!
Home Stone: City of Turia

Postby Darius of Turia » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:22 am

When a vampire meets a werewolf in wod this happens...

They have a shit ton of health, a lot of regen, and everything they have does aggravated damage. Takes a team of vampires with silver everything to maybe take one down. So if you are a vamp and you see a wolf fucking run lol
"Life is as a storm, one must be prepared for the hardship and scorn. But with in this is a light, one for which we must fight. For hope is our weapon and our dreams are our shield. When fully armed we can not be felled from the field."
Harlequin
SL Name: Harlequin Salome
Caste: Scripter
Role: Guy Who Stares In Confusion
Home Stone: Blender, mostly.

Postby Harlequin » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:00 pm

I've met a few really great Tzim players, most of them my friends from my LARPing days.

Most though? Cringeworthy. Though I'll be honest, Midian's Tzin and Gangrel players really ruined both those clans for me. >.<
There used to be a gif here. It was awesome. But it's gone now.
FeorieFrimon
SL Name: Feorie Frimon

Postby FeorieFrimon » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:41 pm

I've been waiting on this sim for weeks. :)

When I TP there, though, I'm in the water? Can someone send me a LM to the landing zone?

I'm making my chick right now! woot!
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:57 pm

Elle- theoretically, if people are actually playing well, humans should get tons of r/p. They're a source of food, power, entertainment for the vamps so they should be sought out, seduced/used, and fought over by all the vamps. Theoretically. I've seen many sims where vampire character never played out feeding but always just "assumed" it happened, or they lamed out and always fed from the "oh so very handy, well stocked, and easily accessible" local blood bank, and any followers needed were simpering, spineless, bad caricatures of Gorean slave girls who loved and lived for their "beloved protector" and were treated like cherished girlfriend/wives without fail. It was ick and all but ruined me for vamps but seeing how closely they're playing to the WoD books on this sim, I'm hoping for something different, darker, harsher, and more realistic and less Tweelighty.

If you want to play a vamp, the website does a great job of sharing basic info on each of the clans: appearance cues, typical haven/base, background, and character creation cues- which should be good to give someone enough info to pick what/how to play their character from the start, and there's a wealth of info on the interwebs to dig deeper.

http://www.veniceeternal.com/

DriveThruRPG also has some VtM freebies to download, character sheets, update of the rules, and more stuff.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/shopping_cart.php?products_id=1367&manufacturers_id=1&it=1

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/114078/World-of-Darkness-GodMachine-Rules-Update
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Cassie
SL Name: Isabeus

Postby Cassie » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:55 pm

Elle: Your personality should not be dictated by your clan however I doubt a Tremere would embrace you if you were illiterate though. Give a look in the website and google some of the clans, you could always become a vampire later and go through the embrace process and so on.
I could see you go Toreador as well... LOL...

I have a personal attachment to Lasombra but I am still working on a proper background.
Godless heathens always waltz on the sky.
FeorieFrimon
SL Name: Feorie Frimon

Postby FeorieFrimon » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:17 pm

All submitted and stuff!!! Can't wait until rp actually starts!!
Hephaesteon
SL Name: Hephaesteon Resident
Caste: Scribe
Role: Codger
Home Stone: Ar.

Postby Hephaesteon » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:23 pm

Tamar Luminos wrote:Any ideas why they're limiting Gangrel's to 4 total on the sim? Of all the clans, that seemed odd, they're not really what I'd consider "overpowered", unless they're just trying to avoid the "omg i must play a furry/neko/animorph/were on every sim i play on!" crowd...I may have just answered my own question, there. LOL

Tamar - I'm not an admin so I'm not sure, but from what I've rped/what I know, gangrel aren't really city types - it'd be a bit like finding an Amish family living in the Bronx. Don't quote me though - you might wanna poke one of the admins listed on the site.
And that was that.
Theoden
SL Name: Theoden
Caste: Warrior

Postby Theoden » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:38 pm

Tamar Luminos wrote:Any ideas why they're limiting Gangrel's to 4 total on the sim? Of all the clans, that seemed odd, they're not really what I'd consider "overpowered", unless they're just trying to avoid the "omg i must play a furry/neko/animorph/were on every sim i play on!" crowd...I may have just answered my own question, there. LOL

Would be awesome if they had an animorph sim. Yeerk invasions, andalites, and animal combat. and no one knowing who was a controller :P
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:23 pm

I dunno, they look pretty urban here...

But eh, not really concerned about it, was just curious cuz it seemed like an odd choice for a clan to limit. I could see Tzimisce, Lasombra, Tremere, or Giovani- because to me they seem to have the most difficult disciplines to police. But eh, not worried bout it myself- I'm probably playing a nice, decadent Toreador myself.
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/

Return to “General”