Venice Eternal

Hephaesteon
SL Name: Hephaesteon Resident
Caste: Scribe
Role: Codger
Home Stone: Ar.

Venice Eternal

Postby Hephaesteon » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:36 am

Hey folks! I know several have asked me about this sim, and I'll say first and foremost that I'm just a player there - not an admin in any way, shape, or form (never again! ;)), so I can only answer questions from a player perspective. BUT, seeing as they're opening soon and letting folks come in and take a peek, I thought it wouldn't hurt to give people a little info about this beautiful new sim that's opening.

Venice Eternal is based on classic World of Darkness, in particular Vampire: the Masquerade, and is set in the titular city of Venice. That means it's a city of mostly humans, with a dappling of vampires that your character may be one of. For more information, peruse the site and our landing area in-world.

Website: http://www.veniceeternal.com/ (please note registration isn' up just yet!)

In-world: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/V ... /66/126/22 (they're finishing up the last bits of the build now, but the admins have told me it's fine for folks to come peek around. The red glowy bits show where various rentals will be)

Photos:
ImageVenice Previews by Hephaesteon, on Flickr

ImageVenice Previews by Hephaesteon, on Flickr

ImageWolf in the City of Masks by Hephaesteon, on Flickr
And that was that.
DarbyDollinger
SL Name: Darby Dollinger
Caste: Slaver
Home Stone: Amongst the ruins of Salernum.

Re: Venice Eternal

Postby DarbyDollinger » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:49 am

How would someone who knows nothing about V:TM go about bluffing their way through roleplay there?
Hephaesteon

Postby Hephaesteon » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:00 pm

DarbyDollinger wrote:How would someone who knows nothing about V:TM go about bluffing their way through roleplay there?

Astonishingly easy, Darby - I never played before, but all of the info you need is on the website. It's basically standard vampire RP with different "clans" that have different traits, and there's a masquerade in place - meaning you aren't "out" about being a vampire in public. I'd suggest reading the sim lore (here: http://www.veniceeternal.com/sim-lore) and then perusing the list of clans from the top, if you thought you wanted to be a vampire (there will be lots of humans too, and ghouls). I can tell you a good deal about Gangrel and Tzimisce since I've been RPing them leading up to the sim opening and I'm the Tzimisce contact; if you have questions about anything else though, feel free to ask and I'll find someone who knows.
And that was that.
Tamar Luminos
SL Name: Lamar Luminos
Caste: Gorean Subversive
Role: Roleplayer
Home Stone: Turia
Owner: Harlequin said put him

Postby Tamar Luminos » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:02 pm

Yay! Been waiting for this. Beautiful pics. Now to figure out what to play....
"...to take truth for granted is not to know it. Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought." --- (Marauders of Gor, p.7)
http://clockworkkitteh.blogspot.com/
Harlequin
SL Name: Harlequin Salome
Caste: Scripter
Role: Guy Who Stares In Confusion
Home Stone: Blender, mostly.

Postby Harlequin » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:06 pm

Looking over the website now, but I'm curious about the admin names. They all have themed names, so does that mean they're all anonymous to the players?
There used to be a gif here. It was awesome. But it's gone now.
Hephaesteon

Postby Hephaesteon » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:15 pm

Harlequin wrote:Looking over the website now, but I'm curious about the admin names. They all have themed names, so does that mean they're all anonymous to the players?

I think so, yeah, Harlequin - mostly so that they can also get "down" time to RP and not get burnt out. That said, they're all on pretty often so I don't imagine it'd be an issue with getting in touch with them, and the few interactions I've had they've all been very friendly. If you have particular questions about admin stuff though I can pass 'em along and try to get answers :)
And that was that.
Darius of Turia
SL Name: Darius Vayandar
Caste: Red
Role: Ubar no more!
Home Stone: City of Turia

Postby Darius of Turia » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:40 pm

I personally am extremely excited about this sim comming up because i have been a die hard VTM fan for most of my life. Table top and even LARPS. So im curious to see if this sim does well or ends up dead like the others who have come before. For anyone who wishes to read up on the way the game works, here is the core book for it. Generally i would imagine it should be going off either these rules or the mind's eye theater, i need to get in touch with some of the admins there and find out.
Last edited by Darius of Turia on Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is as a storm, one must be prepared for the hardship and scorn. But with in this is a light, one for which we must fight. For hope is our weapon and our dreams are our shield. When fully armed we can not be felled from the field."
Harlequin
SL Name: Harlequin Salome
Caste: Scripter
Role: Guy Who Stares In Confusion
Home Stone: Blender, mostly.

Postby Harlequin » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:53 pm

Are the hunters just humans who hunt vamps? Or are they Hunters? Like, do aggravated damage with a phonebook and throw off Domination Hunters from The Reckoning?

(Please don't take my description as pejorative, I kinda hope it's the latter because we need more Belmonts)
There used to be a gif here. It was awesome. But it's gone now.
Darius of Turia
SL Name: Darius Vayandar
Caste: Red
Role: Ubar no more!
Home Stone: City of Turia

Postby Darius of Turia » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:07 pm

I am so playing my Lasombra of the Sabbat. The game can get complicated, there are a good bit of things to understand about VTM if they are going purist (Which god i hope they do).
"Life is as a storm, one must be prepared for the hardship and scorn. But with in this is a light, one for which we must fight. For hope is our weapon and our dreams are our shield. When fully armed we can not be felled from the field."
Theoden
SL Name: Theoden
Caste: Warrior

Postby Theoden » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:13 pm

I've only been unwillingly exposed to the first Twilight film. And some vague recollections of that old 90s film Blade. You think I can wing it there okay, Heph? ;)

Return to “General”